• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2018 at 10:02 PM, rturr said:

50 bucks on over 7500 and under 10 thousand.  :facepalm: i must...not....bid lol

^^ You were the closest. Finished at $7k.  That's low.  I do hope a boardie was able to grab it.  While I've seen soft results on other books in this C-link auction thus far, I don't think this was the proper or optimal venue to sell this kind of book. Seller would have done much better on Ebay (and paid less commissions too).  2c

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

^^ You were the closest. Finished at $7k.  That's low.  Inl do hope a boardie was able to grave it.  While I've seen soft results on other books in this C-link auction thus far, I don't think this was the proper or optimal venue to sell this kind of book. Seller would have done much better on Ebay (and paid less commissions too).  2c

-J.

Agreed. Could've easily asked for $10k or more

On 11/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Jaydogrules said:

^^ You were the closest. Finished at $7k.  That's low.  I do hope a boardie was able to grab it.  While I've seen soft results on other books in this C-link auction thus far, I don't think this was the proper or optimal venue to sell this kind of book. Seller would have done much better on Ebay (and paid less commissions too).  2c

-J.

:acclaim: hahah nice, I won.... would rather have won the book though!lol  >:(:censored::eek:. It would've been right where I predicted if I kept bidding, but I just had to stop. Really only wanted to spend around 3 for it, which is where I originally thought it would wind up going for :facepalm: . Won some other stuff though :):grin:But yeah, ebay probably would've been a bigger show for this 667 excellence...or maybe even to sell it right on the boards here.

11 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see it pop up on Ebay soon.

Maybe(?)  But I rather doubt it.

What continues to trip me out is the complete LACK of raw copies coming up for sale.  Last bona fide one was seriously like two and a half years ago. And in that time only a handful of copies added to the census (at 36 now but that includes at least 3 resubs for pressing/sigs that I know of). 

That's just nuts.  :ohnoez:

-J.

21 hours ago, rturr said:

:acclaim: hahah nice, I won.... would rather have won the book though!lol  >:(:censored::eek:. It would've been right where I predicted if I kept bidding, but I just had to stop. Really only wanted to spend around 3 for it, which is where I originally thought it would wind up going for :facepalm: . Won some other stuff though :):grin:But yeah, ebay probably would've been a bigger show for this 667 excellence...or maybe even to sell it right on the boards here.

Congrats and welcome to the club! You hanging onto it?

4 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:
21 hours ago, rturr said:

Congrats and welcome to the club! You hanging onto it?

He won the "what do you think it will sell for", not the actual book.