• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bil Ganhs said:

Insane..

Totally.  

If that sale turns out to be legit, it just goes to show how the right book on the right venue really can make all the difference.  The seller of that 9.6 in that comiclink auction made a mistake consigning a book like that to them, would have done miles better, and saved money on commissions, just putting it on ebay.

@mbv Who can say. Any number I could say would have seemed preposterous even two years ago, but now nothing would surprise me with some of these ultra rare blue chip variant keys.

-J.

14 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Totally.  

If that sale turns out to be legit, it just goes to show how the right book on the right venue really can make all the difference.  The seller of that 9.6 in that comiclink auction made a mistake consigning a book like that to them, would have done miles better, and saved money on commissions, just putting it on ebay.

@mbv Who can say. Any number I could say would have seemed preposterous even two years ago, but now nothing would surprise me with some of these ultra rare blue chip variant keys.

-J.

Am the seller and can confirm the sale. Been in the process of liquidating my collection as am on the move. Wasn't really interested in letting this book go as I purchased it in the boards recently like half a year back, So priced it on the higher end. Had multiple offers of 10k plus within half an hour of listing and sold it to the best offer on table.

Maybe I could have sold it for an even higher price had I listed it for a higher price and waited longer. Regret selling the book but I don't regret the price I sold it for :)

52 minutes ago, Killua said:

Am the seller and can confirm the sale. Been in the process of liquidating my collection as am on the move. Wasn't really interested in letting this book go as I purchased it in the boards recently like half a year back, So priced it on the higher end. Had multiple offers of 10k plus within half an hour of listing and sold it to the best offer on table.

Maybe I could have sold it for an even higher price had I listed it for a higher price and waited longer. Regret selling the book but I don't regret the price I sold it for :)

(worship) :applause:

Wow very nice and congrats on your big time sale.  That's a new high for the book, regardless of grade.  What a great way to start the new year. 

(And yes, you'll totally regret selling it one day ;))

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

(worship) :applause:

Wow very nice and congrats on your big time sale.  That's a new high for the book, regardless of grade.  What a great way to start the new year. 

(And yes, you'll totally regret selling it one day ;))

-J.

Thanks.

Well I regret selling several of my books as a part of my move. Can't help it. You gotta do what you gotta do (shrug)

55 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Wow hard to believe this sale is legit.... A 9.6 just sold on comiclink for 7K and we know of a private sale of 12k for a 9.8 less than a year ago.    

The seller just said it is.  Much, much larger buyer pool on Ebay than comiclink especially for that kind of book.  The 9.8 boardie sale for $12k a year ago was a private sale and there was another 9.8 sale after that for $20k about three or four months ago.  That 9.6 sale was just low (especially considering another 9.6 sold for $8k in Nov 2017).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

28 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Don't forget this bad boy which I'm pretty sure sold for around 5-6k direct deal.  This one had alot of promise since there was no graders notes and was a good candidate for a bump in grade with press.

image.thumb.png.d59cec2a34e1f061f2ae6cb81bd5c1f9.png

Not sure if this was a completed sale. Regardless, based on the offers I received within the first 30 mins of my listing, I can safely say this would have been a bargain if this was indeed sold for 5k to 6k.

As for the comiclink auction, I came to know of it only after it ended. Infact if there wasn't a post here about the auction, I would have never known of the sale. I might have bought that as well as an upgrade to my ex-copy for the price it ended. 

It's all my opinion and am not going to justify any pricing for this specific book. But based on my brief eBay listing, am pretty sure there is a demand for this book. I listed it very early in the morning. Maybe it would have had even better demand had I listed it later in the day or on a weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Killua said:

Not sure if this was a completed sale. Regardless, based on the offers I received within the first 30 mins of my listing, I can safely say this would have been a bargain if this was indeed sold for 5k to 6k.

As for the comiclink auction, I came to know of it only after it ended. Infact if there wasn't a post here about the auction, I would have never known of the sale. I might have bought that as well as an upgrade to my ex-copy for the price it ended. 

It's all my opinion and am not going to justify any pricing for this specific book. But based on my brief eBay listing, am pretty sure there is a demand for this book. I listed it very early in the morning. Maybe it would have had even better demand had I listed it later in the day or on a weekend. 

These things almost always trade privately so I'm glad to see a public sale that will be picked up by the likes of GPA and gocollect for posterity.

Congrats again on the epic sale.  :banana:

-J.

16 hours ago, Killua said:

This book has it all.  The Spider-man, the Dell'Otto and the HTF variant completionist are always on the look out

3 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Good evening everyone.  I decided to take a sabbatical and visit my family in SE Minnesota for the holidays.  During my time, I came across this forum started by JayDog back in 2016, which it took me about a weeks time to read everyone's posts.  Very informative I must say.  I did not realize that Mr. Dell'otto did the cover for the famous ASM 667 variant, until I came across other webistes and these forums discussing said topic.  I am an ASM completionist and currently working on collecting only Volulmes 1 & 2.  Two is completed, but 1 is a challenge.  With that being said, you all have influenced me on my recent acquisitions and I say thank you. "Audentes Fortuna iuvat!"

IMG_7590.jpg

IMG_7591.jpg

Glad to be of service.  :)

Oh, and welcome to the extraordinarily exclusive ASM 667 Dell'otto club. (worship)

-J.

I didnt think paying $3k for a raw copy of ASM 667 on ebay 4 years ago was insane despite reading a ton of  comments about how crazy that sale was on here with many questioning it's legitimacy. I barely batted an eye as my max bid was $4k. And after I got it back from cgc, I gotta say I was pretty happy with my 9.6 W copy and still am.  

was this recent sale for 12k insane? Maybe to some of us but not to the buyer and seller and that's all that matters.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, justafan said:

I didnt think paying $3k for a raw copy of ASM 667 on ebay 4 years ago was insane despite reading a ton of  comments about how crazy that sale was on here with many questioning it's legitimacy. I barely batted an eye as my max bid was $4k. And after I got it back from cgc, I gotta say I was pretty happy with my 9.6 W copy and still am.  

was this recent sale for 12k insane? Maybe to some of us but not to the buyer and seller and that's all that matters.

Hmm well the ASM 667 Dell'otto "crybaby cabal" that consisted of all of maybe four or five determined naysayers gave up and disbanded at least a couple of years ago.  lol

So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.  :cloud9:

-J.