• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I have a set of these on the way with matching *** of numbers (*** of 600 and *** of 2000).  Not sure which number I am getting will know once they arrive.

image.png.15de517e1a89e4a0d44d6684a684dbca.png

Those are nice....really wanted the virgin but it has been sold out weeks ago.

4 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Those are nice....really wanted the virgin but it has been sold out weeks ago.

I watch sale videos for a "LCS" about 3hrs north of me.  They got in 4 sets and sold them last night.  I was lucky enough to get a set.

This will actually be my 1st Dell Otto covers I am pretty sure.

Edited by Crops068
grammar is hard mmmmkay

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Where did you buy it from ?

Check out Ebay for Italy for the virgin museum...they still have a few but you going to have to see if those individual seller will ship to the U.S.   I know Hank from Bulletproof is also selling some of the trade versions on his website.

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

Who is the seller?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-667-NM-Dell-Otto-Variant/283891348809?hash=item42193e3549:g:daIAAOSwj19ezDt5

Looking at their other listings, this looks legit. I can't fathom how they would have not known the value though. They have other rare variants priced reasonably accurately. If this is legit, and the buyer received a genuine 667, well, that's devastating for the seller. You'd have to hope someone tipped them off prior to posting. 

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

If this is legit, and the buyer received a genuine 667

Heard this was legit according to another thread.  Someone reached out to the seller and was informed it shipped out before realizing their mistake.  I don't know to feel happy for the buyer or sad for the seller.

9 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Heard this was legit according to another thread.  Someone reached out to the seller and was informed it shipped out before realizing their mistake.  I don't know to feel happy for the buyer or sad for the seller.

You can feel both at the same time, but I am siding with being happy for the buyer here. It's no different that snagging a deal from a LCS on underpriced variants.

Edited by kimik

2 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Oh no, really? Was that a thread here? How awful for the seller. It's one thing selling it cheap a way back, and then watching it escalate, quite another to sell it now for a song at current prices. Not sure I'd ever feel happy for the buyer. I wouldn't be able to live with that myself. But, as the wife said, I'd never make a living as a dealer. 

31 minutes ago, kimik said:

You can feel both at the same time, but I am siding with being happy for the buyer here. It's no different that snagging a deal from a LCS on underpriced variants.

That's some deal though isn't it. Not exactly in the snagging a low value 35cv for the regular newsstand price category is it. Still, we don't know the people do we. As William Munny once said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it"

33 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's some deal though isn't it. Not exactly in the snagging a low value 35cv for the regular newsstand price category is it. Still, we don't know the people do we. As William Munny once said, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it"

As a seller, the onus is on you to get the pricing right. If I don't update my convention stock, I get scooped as well. It is the law of the comic jungle.

I have had friends pull out AF 15s and other Marvel SA keys at garage sales for next to nothing ($20 for a 4.0/4.5 AF 15 a couple of years ago), and another local seller scored a bunch of GA books (including a low grade Tec #38) a few years back for $1 apiece. FWIW, when the ASM 688 JSC Lizard variant was first hitting $1,000 online, there were local stores selling them for $5 in variant overstock bins........

Edited by kimik