• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Greetings,

After conferring with a fellow collector, I thought I'd forward this information, if you have not already been made aware of this event. 

Here is the information they are requesting per consumer:

We are only accepting comic books for this signing. No trade paperbacks, hardcovers or merch. He is not accepting any sketch or remark requests at this time.

Please ship your books to:

Michael Haslem
5438 Lockwood Ridge Rd. #173
Bradenton FL 34203

Please put the following information on the back of each backer board:

-Your name
-Your address
-Your cell phone number
-Your email address (associated with paypal) -CGC info (if applicable) -Note that it is for the “Dell Otto Private Signing”

Please enclose a prepped bag and board with your raw or graded book. To do this, draw a box on the bag where you would like the creator to sign on the book. Cut out the square and place you book back in the bag/board, or include the bag and board with the cgc book. If this is not done, there will be a $5 prep fee per book.

We will send you an invoice, via paypal, after we receive your items. Return shipping is $10.50 for raw comics within the US. CGC slabs have shipping included within the fee if shipped to the US.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for considering CSA for your facilitation needs, Mandy

Dell'otto.jpg

On 6/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, as with most things in life, you can find reasons to support both possibilities I suppose Jay. Only the seller and / or buyer knows for sure here. It's an interesting scenario to speculate on though, as it touches on a key element of the collecting dream - the finding of something precious for a pittance. That dream being a nightmare of course, if you're the seller.

Jay, indulge me, what do you think was going on here then if you don't think it was genuine? What does a seller of some 20 years with 100% feedback x 1141 have to gain from faking a sale of this book at £40? 

Positive feedback left. 

6 hours ago, manetteska said:

Positive feedback left. 

"Thanks!"

"Thanks!"

That's taking the piddle isn't it.

"Thanks for the free fifteen grand" might have been more appropriate. 

8 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

That's Laugh at Life book.... a very good trusted seller.  Reach out to him directly if interested.

Thank you for the information on the seller, unfortunately I already have one in a CGC 9.4. Would be nice to have another though in that grade.

21 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:
2 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

That's Laugh at Life book.... a very good trusted seller.  Reach out to him directly if interested.

$12K? How many were printed?

Between 20 and 2,000.  Any other numbers being thrown around are pure speculation. lol

20 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

That's a ridiculous price. I'd buy a nice GA Batman for that price before a Dell Otto cover.

Considering you could probably get Dell'Otto to custom-make a large full-color one-of-a-kind painting of Spider-Man for that price, I tend to agree with you. 

4 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

$12K? How many were printed?

According to the Marvel liaison at Diamond Distributors, only one case pack of the ASM 667 Dell'otto was printed.  At that time one case pack of a standard pages issue of ASM held about 200-250 copies.  

-J.

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

According to the Marvel liaison at Diamond Distributors, only one case pack of the ASM 667 Dell'otto was printed.  At that time one case pack of a standard pages issue of ASM held about 200-250 copies.  

-J.

Cool, where is this information from?

Finally got one on these. I have been looking on/off for the last couple years to find a well-centered 9.6 for the right price. I have missed plenty at auction. It really is striking to look at up close. With this purchase I am only one girly variant away from completing my graded female character collection. All I need is an Amazing Spider-Man Presents Black Cat 1 JSC variant. 

5D7F9ABB-C458-4849-9BF2-6D1192030044.jpeg

7 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Finally got one on these. I have been looking on/off for the last couple years to find a well-centered 9.6 for the right price. I have missed plenty at auction. It really is striking to look at up close. With this purchase I am only one girly variant away from completing my graded female character collection. All I need is an Amazing Spider-Man Presents Black Cat 1 JSC variant. 

5D7F9ABB-C458-4849-9BF2-6D1192030044.jpeg

Outstanding.  :applause:

That really is still one of his all time best covers, and super sexy in hand.  

-J.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Outstanding.  :applause:

That really is still one of his all time best covers, and super sexy in hand.  

-J.

Thanks brother. I have always liked his covers. Dell Otto has the ability to create a clean image but at the same time gritty. It’s a strange combination but he pulls it off with mastery. A good example of this is his Harley Rebirth cover. Clear and striking but gritty. 

DD8B1C96-0E90-4E45-A263-1C55616C4F23.jpeg

13 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Thanks brother. I have always liked his covers. Dell Otto has the ability to create a clean image but at the same time gritty. It’s a strange combination but he pulls it off with mastery. A good example of this is his Harley Rebirth cover. Clear and striking but gritty. 

DD8B1C96-0E90-4E45-A263-1C55616C4F23.jpeg

Agreed.  And I have one of those too.  :)

-J.