• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, rptcomics said:

Just got this set back :) Two cool covers.

P1080983.JPG

They are cool! I coincidently have 2 9.4's, lol I didn't get them pressed, but ha, it's the set that was meaningful. Glad you got 9.8's!! Good Deal :) 

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They are cool! I coincidently have 2 9.4's, lol I didn't get them pressed, but ha, it's the set that was meaningful. Glad you got 9.8's!! Good Deal :) 

Haha ah darn, yeah I got a few 9.6s and a 9.0 in this batch! ha don't know how that happened, but for sure! This set is to keep :bigsmile:

Thanks!! (thumbsu  was soooo glad that they both did. Was confident about the Venom but wasn't totally sure about the Spider-Man...if it didn't, I have another and was going to send it back in haha didn't want a mismatched set :grin:.

EDIT: This has been sold

Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards and I know this thread has gone a little dormant after an amazingly long conversation.  That said, I wanted to post my X-23 here.  It is for sale if anyone is interested.  

x231dellotto.jpg

Edited by ComicProsAndCons

On 2/25/2016 at 9:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

It's high time this cover artist have his own Appreciation Thread!

I have been a big fan of Gabrielle Dell'Otto's work since he began working on ASM a few years back. He is quite simply an extremely gifted cover artist, and appears to work mostly in paint on canvas and/or chalk. His attention to detail in these mediums is unparalleled with much of his work being near museum quality. As fans, we are very fortunate to have an artist who so capably renders some of our favourite heroes and villains in the style of a true Renaissance master. Undoubtedly due to the time, detail and care Dell'otto devotes to his pieces, he is not prolific. As such most of his covers that have been used by both Marvel and DC (but mostly Marvel) look to be the more exclusive ones. Some of the rarest (and best) variants out there are Dell'otto covers, and many of them are very difficult to find on a day to day basis.

So let's see your favourite Dell'otto covers guys! I'll start it off with a few of mine before they're sent off to catch some Florida sun.

1514795b-ee69-4fa4-8c02-475ead1214c9_zpsrstodtax.jpg

From left to right, ASM 682 (Part 1 Ends of the Earth) 1:15, ASM 667 (Part 1 Spider Island) 1:100, and ASM 3 1:25

0b9092e8-8c5f-40a6-adc1-8652f559584b_zpspfr1n26s.jpg

From left to right, Uncanny X Men 1 1:50, X-23 1 1:50, and Cable and X Force 3 1:50

1485219f-2bc2-4c34-9bfa-725dcc3a11c3_zpsabegymwr.jpg

From left to right, Winter Soldier 1 (first in solo, ongoing title- good luck finding one of these! lol almost as hard to find as the ASM 667) 1:50 and Avengers Assemble 10 1:50

Obviously the ASM 667 is his best known and hardest to find piece. I've always liked its moody intensity, its simple yet striking layout, and of course Spidey in a classic pose. As an interesting side note, it was also just Dell'otto's second ASM cover and is one of only 3, 1:100's that he has done.

Also, if you blinked, you missed this ebay listing that popped up late last night, and immediately sold just a few hours after going live:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/331787648086?item_hash4=c5c2c701&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

It was the first copy of any kind to hit ebay in six months.

The Winter Soldier #1 cover is almost just as hard to find. It's probably also my #2 all time favourite by him. The composition of the painting, the lighting effects on the gun, what can I say. The man has talent.

I will be updating the thread with a "club list" of boardies who own some of his best known books (i.e. the ASM 667 and X 23 1). If you posted your copy of the ASM 667 in the other thread please do so again here so I can update this new thread.

Also, no haters please. This is an APPRECIATION THREAD. Thanks. :foryou:

-J.

I am a fan of this exciting artist. I looked through my 2019-2020 comics and I find there are many Dell Otto issues there. I find he's been doing a lot of dark/moody covers (eg. Spiderman, Venom, Silver Surfer). I would love to see what happens if he decides to lighten it up a bit in the near future. I'm sure it would be incredible. 

On 11/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, obsidian00 said:

This thread has been very quiet.. just wanted to post some new signed slabs and one blue label.

20201101_193113.jpg

20201009_180223.jpg

Congratulations Obsidian00!!! I’m curious, I take it you submitted for the Dell’otto private signing a few months back? I’m still waiting on my six books I sent in for it. Once again, congratulations.