• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Omg, this thread stated out lovely with peeps actually celebrating Gab's art. That didn't last long and now it's just another thread that has been hijacked with these back and forth discussions of supposed rarity, print numbers, value, :blahblah:

Idgaf about that stuff here and would think others are also tired of seeing the same carp repeat itself here like in various other threads before this one, by the same peeps. Maybe make your own thread were you go have these long debates about print numbers for every "rare" book you disagree on, so you can leave threads like this one for their actual intent: to celebrate an artist for his amazing art.

2c

(thumbs u

Omg, this thread stated out lovely with peeps actually celebrating Gab's art. That didn't last long and now it's just another thread that has been hijacked with these back and forth discussions of supposed rarity, print numbers, value, :blahblah:

Idgaf about that stuff here and would think others are also tired of seeing the same carp repeat itself here like in various other threads before this one, by the same peeps. Maybe make your own thread were you go have these long debates about print numbers for every "rare" book you disagree on, so you can leave threads like this one for their actual intent: to celebrate an artist for his amazing art.

2c

Without rancor, if you don't want to read what people have to say, you're not forced to. There's a function that makes sure you don't see what certain people post, so they don't interrupt your enjoyment. Why not use it? No one has to read anything they don't want to, and complaining about what other people post is as bad as you claim those people are being...it's just as distracting. "What I want to talk about rules, what you want to talk about sucks"...?

That said, for my part, I only respond to these discussions. I don't initiate them (in an off-topic manner, at least.) I can't help but notice you didn't complain when Jay posted...why not? Had the straw not yet broken your camel's back?

I just picked this up, love, love, love this cover, right up my alley <3

Secret Wars 7 Dell'Otto Variant CG 9.8

And it didn't cost a fortune! :o

Jerome

Did you see his variant for Spider island #2? :cloud9:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-ISLAND-2-CGC-9-8-DELLOTTO-VARIANT-SECRET-WARS-/301790391606?hash=item46441bed36:g:C5gAAOSwI-BWOqSj

Also not cost prohibitive.

-J.

This was the first book (not mine) that I ever heard about Dell'Otto... 2008.

BM001.jpg

:applause:

If I could find that book, I'd buy it.

Jerome

A few years ago, I purchased a supposed NM/M raw copy on eBay; I can't remember the seller's ID, but he was a pretty cool guy. When I received it, I was pleasantly surprised that it was really a nice minty copy and sure enough it came back 9.8 after I subbed it to CGC.

I've been thinking of cracking it to add Dell'Otto's sig to it at some point.

BM001.jpg

Jerome

A few years ago, I purchased a supposed NM/M raw copy on eBay; I can't remember the seller's ID, but he was a pretty cool guy. When I received it, I was pleasantly surprised that it was really a nice minty copy and sure enough it came back 9.8 after I subbed it to CGC.

You don't wanna do that...you wanna sell it to me! :baiting:

Jerome

BM001.jpg

Jerome

Jerome

TreeFitty.jpg

lol Nah; I'm a Joker fan, a Dell'Otto fan and I love this cover. I don't think I can part with it.

BM001.jpg

Jerome

Jerome

TreeFitty.jpg

lol Nah; I'm a Joker fan, a Dell'Otto fan and I love this cover. I don't think I can part with it.

respect_o_702473.jpg

Jerome