• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Skimpy. Enough cardboard, sure, but sent it around the globe in a bubble mailer. That is always risky and I never do that for this exact reason. It's also why I rarely deal with raw books, slabs keep them nice and safe.

Jerome

Agreed. My copy came from Canada and he put a large envelope inside a large box buffered with bubble wrap. This sucks because it's not like the book is easy to replace. I know you were pizzed.

-J.

Skimpy. Enough cardboard, sure, but sent it around the globe in a bubble mailer. That is always risky and I never do that for this exact reason. It's also why I rarely deal with raw books, slabs keep them nice and safe.

Jerome

Agreed. My copy came from Canada and he put a large envelope inside a large box buffered with bubble wrap. This sucks because it's not like the book is easy to replace. I know you were pizzed.

-J.

Dang, sorry for your loss. Had the exact same thing with 2x UF 4 marko variants from Australia. The refund was no condolence. Still pissed about it.

Hey Jaydogrules, I have been working on that all day. If I find out before you I will let you know. Please reciprocate if you find out before me.

Most definitely. (thumbs u

-J. [/quote

Count me in too.

The seller is refusing to do a return because that is what is stated in his listing. He offered me a refund of $35 measley bux... "Oh no, you shouldn't have! Thats too much!" :flamed: I started an ebay case against him, yay! doh!

EDIT: The seller is letting me return the book, whew! And I just realized what caused this issue in the first place (most likely?) He didn't tape the book to the cardboard slabs! :tonofbricks:

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Another Winter Soldier #1, this would be one to keep as raw because of the lower-left corner:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINTER-SOLDIER-1-2012-DELLOTTO-1-50-VARIANT-Super-Rare-Civil-War-NM-PICS-/111927942339?hash=item1a0f6cdcc3:g:DFcAAOSwr7ZW3Jf4

Jerome

I would wager that is the copy that came out of the Big Apple Con. It was evidently the most asked about book there.

What are you seeing with the lower left corner?

-J.

Another Winter Soldier #1, this would be one to keep as raw because of the lower-left corner:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINTER-SOLDIER-1-2012-DELLOTTO-1-50-VARIANT-Super-Rare-Civil-War-NM-PICS-/111927942339?hash=item1a0f6cdcc3:g:DFcAAOSwr7ZW3Jf4

Jerome

I would wager that is the copy that came out of the Big Apple Con. It was evidently the most asked about book there.

-J.

At the whole con :o

Jerome

-J.

2 color breaking spine ticks...

Jerome

-J.

2 color breaking spine ticks...

hm Your guys' eyes are better than mine. I thought those were snowflakes.

Not sure that book couldn't still eke out a soft 9.8 though even with those.

-J.

The seller is refusing to do a return because that is what is stated in his listing. He offered me a refund of $35 measley bux... "Oh no, you shouldn't have! Thats too much!" :flamed: I started an ebay case against him, yay! doh!

EDIT: The seller is letting me return the book, whew! And I just realized what caused this issue in the first place (most likely?) He didn't tape the book to the cardboard slabs! :tonofbricks:

Jerome

Not solidly attaching the book to the cardboard pads renders the cardboard useless in preventing impact damage. The book slides inside the cardboard, and as the cardboard is smashed, so is the book inside of it.

It seems like such a no-brainer, but millions of sellers can't get it right. They also think a few pieces of scotch tape is sufficient. Books should be shipped, at a minimum, in a bag and board, placed inside a larger bag (Silver, Gold, Magazine, whatever works) and THAT bag packing taped the hell out of to the center of much larger cardboard, so that the book cannot move, and any impact is absorbed by the cardboard...not the corners of the book.

Jerome

Not solidly attaching the book to the cardboard pads renders the cardboard useless in preventing impact damage. The book slides inside the cardboard, and as the cardboard is smashed, so is the book inside of it.

It seems like such a no-brainer, but millions of sellers can't get it right. They also think a few pieces of scotch tape is sufficient. Books should be shipped, at a minimum, in a bag and board, placed inside a larger bag (Silver, Gold, Magazine, whatever works) and THAT bag packing taped the hell out of to the center of much larger cardboard, so that the book cannot move, and any impact is absorbed by the cardboard...not the corners of the book.

+1 QFT

Jerome

That is exactly how I pack my books and I tape the inner flaps of the box to the larger cardboard so they don't move at all.

Meanwhile, some Original Sin variants are getting insane....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=original+sin+1%3A50+dell%27otto&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xoriginal+sin++dell%27otto+variant.TRS0&_nkw=original+sin++dell%27otto+variant&_sacat=0