• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Who the heck paid $99.99 for that Winter Soldier? It's not up to Dell Otto's standard. Frankly the Gamora is really the only one I like.

I like the winter soldier on the winter soldier #1 much better as well.

The Black Panther Original Sin cover is pretty bad azz too though. Agreed the Gamora one is the best though.

-J.

I like the doctor strange as well!!!! I have a few different cover there pretty good books!!! Much better than most covers by any other artist. I've never seen any of his covers in person other than original sin books. So I can't fairly compare the x-23 or winter solider 1.

It seems like such a no-brainer, but millions of sellers can't get it right. They also think a few pieces of scotch tape is sufficient. Books should be shipped, at a minimum, in a bag and board, placed inside a larger bag (Silver, Gold, Magazine, whatever works) and THAT bag packing taped the hell out of to the center of much larger cardboard, so that the book cannot move, and any impact is absorbed by the cardboard...not the corners of the book.

That is exactly how I pack my books and I tape the inner flaps of the box to the larger cardboard so they don't move at all.

Meanwhile, some Original Sin variants are getting insane....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=original+sin+1%3A50+dell%27otto&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xoriginal+sin++dell%27otto+variant.TRS0&_nkw=original+sin++dell%27otto+variant&_sacat=0

The Avengers Assemble #10 has also spiked, last one going for $120 today. :o

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=avengers+assemble+10+dell%27otto&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=30&_udhi=1000000000&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=91604&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

-J.

Who the heck paid $99.99 for that Winter Soldier? It's not up to Dell Otto's standard. Frankly the Gamora is really the only one I like.
+1

that gamora is legit

It seems like such a no-brainer, but millions of sellers can't get it right. They also think a few pieces of scotch tape is sufficient. Books should be shipped, at a minimum, in a bag and board, placed inside a larger bag (Silver, Gold, Magazine, whatever works) and THAT bag packing taped the hell out of to the center of much larger cardboard, so that the book cannot move, and any impact is absorbed by the cardboard...not the corners of the book.

That is exactly how I pack my books and I tape the inner flaps of the box to the larger cardboard so they don't move at all.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=original+sin+1%3A50+dell%27otto&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xoriginal+sin++dell%27otto+variant.TRS0&_nkw=original+sin++dell%27otto+variant&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=avengers+assemble+10+dell%27otto&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=30&_udhi=1000000000&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=91604&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

-J.

This thread is spiking the books ! and the 4 spec sites that picked up on it.. Its funny that people ran out of to chase.

-J.

This thread is spiking the books ! and the 4 spec sites that picked up on it.. Its funny that people ran out of to chase.

At least I'm not the only one to notice this. :ohnoez:

-J.

lol I think people assign a little too much weight to the influence of these boards. He was already on the radar because of the ASM 667 and then the X 23 #1, and when people ran out of back issue Campbell variants to buy and realized how great this guy's art is and how much more scarce his covers generally are, well the result shouldn't be surprising.

Many of his other books were already picking up steam prior to this thread, but it is nice to see such a talented artist getting his day in the sun. :cloud9:

-J.

-J.

lol I think people assign a little too much weight to the influence of these boards. He was already on the radar because of the ASM 667 and then the X 23 #1, and when people ran out of back issue Campbell variants to buy and realized how great this guy's art is and how much more scarce his covers generally are, well the result shouldn't be surprising.

Many of his other books were already picking up steam prior to this thread, but it is nice to see such a talented artist getting his day in the sun. :cloud9:

-J.

Must be a coincidence that the same thing happened with Dell'otto and Campbell. And those Venom variants. And the DC 75th Anniversary variants. Etc etc etc.

I love these Dell'Otto covers and would like to keep some of them. Having said that, if someone is going to pay me $1,199.85(minus 8%com.) for the X-23 1 im going to take it. (The MCS copy was mine)

I would have liked to also get a 9.8 Gamora instead of the 8.0-8.5 i probably have but good for those that got it before the bandwagon.

Is the Original Sin Black Panther variant gonna follow in Gamora's footsteps...? It's a pretty nice looking cover... Black Panther ... and what about the Punisher cover... I think it looks pretty badass... Daredevil on Netflix comes back soon... I found a copy of 8 with Bucky for 20 bucks at an lcs yesterday... not as cool as Winter Soldier... but if you can't swing the big $$$ for WS 1 it's still a nice alternative, and still has a small print run...

Is the Original Sin Black Panther variant gonna follow in Gamora's footsteps...? It's a pretty nice looking cover... Black Panther ... and what about the Punisher cover... I think it looks pretty badass... Daredevil on Netflix comes back soon... I found a copy of 8 with Bucky for 20 bucks at an lcs yesterday... not as cool as Winter Soldier... but if you can't swing the big $$$ for WS 1 it's still a nice alternative, and still has a small print run...

The Punisher one is really nice. Saw the #1 Nick Fury yesterday at a shop for $15 and passed on it, doesn't look like anyone cares about that one

Get your lawn chairs ready to camp out at the LCS next Wednesday for the International Iron Man #1 variant

lol You just ensured I'll have to get my copy off from ebay.

-J.

Pre-sales are up at $40 but at least it's a 1:25 and not a 1:50 so I'll have a chance of finding one next week when I make my rounds. I can't see the bigger LCS's ordering less than 25 copies of a new #1.

I don't wanna start the usual "where's your proof of the print run??" BS concerning the Dell'Otto Avengers Assemble #10 1:50, but the Diamond numbers for it were just over 32,000. This seller says there's less than 600 of the variant. This one could be the next "white whale." Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-ASSEMBLE-10-Variant-1-50-Gabrielle-DellOtto-Marvel-NEAR-MINT-RARE-/222045322902?hash=item33b2eebe96:g:SD0AAOSwh-1W3Kox

Get your lawn chairs ready to camp out at the LCS next Wednesday for the International Iron Man #1 variant

-J.

Pre-sales are up at $40 but at least it's a 1:25 and not a 1:50 so I'll have a chance of finding one next week when I make my rounds. I can't see the bigger LCS's ordering less than 25 copies of a new #1.

I don't wanna start the usual "where's your proof of the print run??" BS concerning the Dell'Otto Avengers Assemble #10 1:50, but the Diamond numbers for it were just over 32,000. This seller says there's less than 600 of the variant. This one could be the next "white whale." Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-ASSEMBLE-10-Variant-1-50-Gabrielle-DellOtto-Marvel-NEAR-MINT-RARE-/222045322902?hash=item33b2eebe96:g:SD0AAOSwh-1W3Kox

Avengers Assemble #10 is a 3+ year old book with exactly two copies on the census and one GPA sale. It is one of his rarest Marvel variants, and has disappeared from ebay. I would highly doubt that it had more than a two case print run (~450 copies). If someone wanted to track down all of his hardest to find variants with one of his best covers that would be on their short list. It's rarer than all of the Original Sins, and X -23 #1 and would probably give the ASM 667 and Winter Soldier #1 a run for their money.

-J.

-J.

Just ordered mine from my LCS

-J.

Avengers Assemble #10 is a 3+ year old book with exactly two copies on the census and one GPA sale. It is one of his rarest Marvel variants, and has disappeared from ebay. I would highly doubt that it had more than a two case print run (~450 copies). If someone wanted to track down all of his hardest to find variants with one of his best covers that would be on their short list. It's rarer than all of the Original Sins, and X -23 #1 and would probably give the ASM 667 and Winter Soldier #1 a run for their money.

-J.

On a side note as not sure if any one mentioned it in here but the avengers assemble #10 is actually a connecting cover with the cable - x force #3 just need to send my avengers 10 off and will have them hanging on my wall

l7s37qA.jpg

-J.

-J.

Ha ! Jay you are a big reason he is on the radar ! Getting his due , YES he is and its deserved but of all people, you know in this market, the mice are chasing the cheese. I personally do like the covers and appreciate the passion for his books but they are inflated at the moment.