• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Superman/Batman #7 Variant CGC 9.6 SS Dell'Otto & Jerry Robinson created Joker

Sold for $1,675.

Less than my $2k estimate. :whistle: Oh well.

There's a 9.8 SS listed on Ebay now.

That is my 9.8 SS - will sell here on the boards at a better price :gossip:

Apparently, recent 9.8 sales have been over $2K, so your price seems about right. (I actually turned down two $1000 offers for my raw copy.)

http://comicbookinvest.com/2016/09/02/hot-10-comics-54/

Considering the type of book it is, and that the only one, public high dollar sale of the book is that Bob Kane signed copy from last week, and how fickle the variant market can be (especially with multiple copies of multiple versions of the book hitting the market at once), there's no way in hell I would be turning down those offers (if I was a seller).

-J.

It wasn't signed by Bob Kane.

Nonetheless, if we were having this conversation a few weeks ago when the book was selling for around $500, I suspect that you'd be saying the same thing.

I turned down the offers because there's far more demand than supply for this book. Keeping in mind that prices continue to increase with private sales, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yes I meant Jerry Robinson.

And there have been enough public sales to get a good handle on the FMV of the book. No offense, but I take reports of all these blockbuster private sales from people with multiple copies to sell with a grain of salt, especially when there is such a large disparity between those and the public sales that everyone can see.

-J.

Fair enough. The prices I mentioned, though, are due to research, mostly by contacting sellers of copies in listings that were ended early, or from buyers that contacted me after purchasing other copies. The rest is from sites like the one I linked to above.

Anyone can do the same to verify the info to get a more accurate account of FMV.

anyone have dibs on his next signing event??

I thought he was going to try and make NYCC

I spoke with the owner of Bulletproof Comics (Hank) at Baltimore Comic Con. He said Dell'Otto was supposed to do a signing at NYCC, but he received a text saying that he wasn't coming.

anyone have dibs on his next signing event??

I thought he was going to try and make NYCC

I spoke with the owner of Bulletproof Comics (Hank) at Baltimore Comic Con. He said Dell'Otto was supposed to do a signing at NYCC, but he received a text saying that he wasn't coming.

booooooooooooooooo......... :mad::sumo:

Saw this elsewhere and I'm passing it along...

The new Ghost Rider series Dell'Otto variant exclusives:

color (3000)

b&w (1500)

secret (500)

http://frankiescomics.com/products/xjc0myvp98

But Marvel has a minimum 1000 print run on the 3rd variant and 3k/1500 on the first two. They either changed it at the corporate level or these guys are destroying half of them or something else.