• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Im not sure what the condolences were for either? Maybe since it didn't sell out immediately? I definitely liked the art a lot compared to what they originally were proposing. Im planning to crack it and get it signed by Dell'Otto and CGC SS graded.

You and me both...just waiting for the items to arrive.  There was a bit a controversy going on as a couple of raw ultimates got out into the wild as was listed and subsequently pulled from ebay.  They are still trying to get to the bottom on how that happened since it was advertised as only 250 available.

If it means there are more than 250, yes. If it just means some got out there raw, then not as much. I bet many will be cracking them out and getting them signed or just regraded by CGC.

6 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

If it means there are more than 250, yes. If it just means some got out there raw, then not as much. I bet many will be cracking them out and getting them signed or just regraded by CGC.

This. ^^

I wonder if CGC could potentially honor the numbering system the other provider will have in place for the 250.  Is just a label add, nothing that needs to be witnessed but something tells me it won't happen.  

It would be nice just to keep track of all 250.

Yeah, it would be nice. To me, as long as it won't be a green label, like number is written on the front, then Im ok with it. Small print run on a beautiful cover is what could potentially give it some value. Lets hope though. We can always request it. Maybe the first person to submit can request it (hopefully it would be from this board).

Well in my case, I will ask the facilitator to have Dell Otto himself remark the label run number on the cover next to his signature.  I think if everyone does the same, Dell'Otto himself will realize and recognize the reasoning behind it.

It will be yellow label just with a small remark but no green label and will maintain the value.  

54 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

I wonder if CGC could potentially honor the numbering system the other provider will have in place for the 250.  Is just a label add, nothing that needs to be witnessed but something tells me it won't happen.  

It would be nice just to keep track of all 250.

CGC won't. Steve @ TheComic Mint asked CGC to number the books on the label and they won't. That's why they went with Voldy.

13 hours ago, kevhtx said:

There are more than 250 made. They sold guaranteed 9.8s. If you get a case of comics they won't all be 9.8s. The grader said they would destroy the remainder.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, kevhtx said:

Im not sure what the condolences were for either? Maybe since it didn't sell out immediately? I definitely liked the art a lot compared to what they originally were proposing. Im planning to crack it and get it signed by Dell'Otto and CGC SS graded.

I made this comment when they initially released the first pic that was horrendous.  It was for the first people that pre-ordered the Ultimate edition without seeing it.  A day or so later they changed the image...

On 4/8/2017 at 10:25 PM, kevhtx said:

Oh, ok, gotcha. Thats a good idea about the remark. Ill try to do the same.

Checked with Dscott next Dell'Otto signing is in August. I'll send him a group pm regarding this. Who ever wants to be included PM me.

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

Checked with Dscott next Dell'Otto signing is in August. I'll send him a group pm regarding this. Who ever wants to be included PM me.

Is just a signing or his he possibly accepting commissions too?

2 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Is just a signing or his he possibly accepting commissions too?

Well I know about the signing, and we're talking specific about signing and remarking a specific book. Contact Dscott directly for anything else.

2 hours ago, Archaeon90 said:

Thought i'd share my latest.....found it from a seller in Italy. Print limited to 200 and signed on the back from the man himself. not bad for about £30 including shipping

dell-otto-print.jpgpic host

That's a nice piece !  I wish he would always sign his name the way he did on the left there.  Very cool!

-J.

Yeah, I snagged one from Doug's guaranteed 9.8 sale. I figure its gonna be a hard one to get in 9.8 since its black so didn't want to risk doing it through a pre-sale. Im not the biggest Venom fan, but I do like that cover.