• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Well sure, why not pile it on some more guys, thanks! :p

pm dscott he can add you to his big pm thread....there is a Dell Otto signing coming up in August, it's too late for the gauranteed 9.8 but not too late period to join in on the fun that is dscott.... :) 

3 minutes ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

One of my favs too! Have you ever seen the non ABO (non german) version? I've never seen one for sale.

Do you mean the french version?

As far as I know the only two versions that exist are the german and the french version. And the french is a reprint of the german one with a different color scheme...but not totally sure about that.

17 minutes ago, locomat said:

Do you mean the french version?

As far as I know the only two versions that exist are the german and the french version. And the french is a reprint of the german one with a different color scheme...but not totally sure about that.

Actually when I did research on this I found the French was the original and the German was the reprint. We need a third party now to confirm.

11 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Actually when I did research on this I found the French was the original and the German was the reprint. We need a third party now to confirm.

wasn't the french one released in 2005? the german edition is from 2000

Just looked at the french cover and it already has an euro price tag...the german edition has a DM price tag so I guess it has to be older.

Edited by locomat

30 minutes ago, locomat said:

wasn't the french one released in 2005? the german edition is from 2000

Just looked at the french cover and it already has an euro price tag...the german edition has a DM price tag so I guess it has to be older.

You are correct. Sehr guht

On 6/6/2017 at 8:20 AM, locomat said:

Well here is one of his older covers I just love :D

wolverine.thumb.jpg.168afc74f86f30215e491ad2fb5dd3a2.jpg

That's a nice cover. 

I saw the OA for it on eBay while back.  Asking price was about  $2500.  Knowing nothing about OA pricing, I still don't know if that was a good price or not.   My gut told me it was high.  

-J.

14 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That's a nice cover. 

I saw the OA for it on eBay while back.  Asking price was about  $2500.  Knowing nothing about OA pricing, I still don't know if that was a good price or not.   My gut told me it was high.  

-J.

Was it a pencil prelim of the eventual painted cover? I'd concur if so.

I was rearranging some books yesterday, and figured I might as well take the opportunity to snap a few quick pictures and share my (raw) collection while they were out! This is about a year of seriously collecting Dell'Otto. Please excuse the crappy pictures.

20170606_182605.jpg

20170606_183023.jpg

20170606_183033.jpg

20170606_183042.jpg

20170606_182618.jpg

Edited by Hickok8AA8

19 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Was it a pencil prelim of the eventual painted cover? I'd concur if so.

It was the final work, it looked like a watercolour with some pastel of chalk work. 

It was also before Dell'otto was really a "thing".  Plus it was for a foreign cover with no American release.   I don't know if that makes a difference in the OA market but it made a difference to me.  Plus the guy didn't want to negotiate on the price AT ALL which usually turns me off on principle alone. 

Maybe I should have just bought it anyway....

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

25 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

It was the final work, it looked like a watercolour with some pastel of chalk work. 

It was also before Dell'otto was really a "thing".  Plus it was for a foreign cover with no American release.   I don't know if that makes a difference in the OA market but it made a difference to me.  Plus the guy didn't want to negotiate on the price AT ALL which usually turns me off on principle alone. 

Maybe I should have just bought it anyway....

-J.

I'm hardly a Dell'otto OA expert, but that does not sound like a terrible price to me for a painted, published Wolverine cover, even before an artist becomes hot. Though for that particular cover, with it being a partial figure, not full body, and no action or motion, I'd have likely passed too.

Though, claws out can command a premium, it's very subjective. 

1 hour ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

I was rearranging some books yesterday, and figured I might as well take the opportunity to snap a few quick pictures and share my (raw) collection while they were out! This is about a year of seriously collecting Dell'Otto. Please excuse the crappy pictures.

20170606_182605.jpg

20170606_183023.jpg

20170606_183033.jpg

20170606_183042.jpg

20170606_182618.jpg

uhhh I like your collection!!! 

1 hour ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

20170606_182605.jpg

20170606_183023.jpg

20170606_183033.jpg

20170606_183042.jpg

20170606_182618.jpg

Wow that's a hell of a year.  (worship)

-J.

2 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I'm hardly a Dell'otto OA expert, but that does not sound like a terrible price to me for a painted, published Wolverine cover, even before an artist becomes hot. Though for that particular cover, with it being a partial figure, not full body, and no action or motion, I'd have likely passed too.

Though, claws out can command a premium, it's very subjective. 

Thank you for the input. I didn't dislike the image but if I was going to blindly drop that much money without knowing anything about the OA market at all I would rather have done it for a Spider-Man piece by him. :)

-J.

27 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Got my books back from the Scott's Collectibles op and it was well worth the wait.  Almost pulled that 9.8 straight but considering that Venom #1 and Ghost Rider were polybagged, couldn't be more pleased.

20170607_194741.jpg

20170607_200018.jpg

20170607_195500.jpg

Congrats! Can't wait to get mine back!