• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

It looks like one of his smaller pieces on black paper with charcoals/colored pencils...email David ceci his rep and see if he can help davidceci.fisio@gmail.com

@MDR123 If you want to reach out, I'd love to hear the outcome....

Tried uploading a panoramic photo but it fails every time, of 9-14 Amazing Spider-Man Dell'Otto variant connecting covers. All books are in 9.8, maybe one in 9.6 cause of a little too much white spine. Finally got the whole set. Would love to get all 6 signed and then cgc'd, maybe project for next year.

Edited by Polirer

4 hours ago, Polirer said:

Tried uploading a panoramic photo but it fails every time, of 9-14 Amazing Spider-Man Dell'Otto variant connecting covers. All books are in 9.8, maybe one in 9.6 cause of a little too much white spine. Finally got the whole set. Would love to get all 6 signed and then cgc'd, maybe project for next year.

Been trying to track down the virgin international versions of these! Alas, no luck at this point. Congrats on your set though. 

Is the Dell Otto ASM 667 variant his most rare to collect? I never see it come up for sale on eBay. My LCS got one in a month or so ago and it sold in two days. I didn't ask what he was selling it for because I didn't have the cash to get it at the time 

1 hour ago, Michael Lamm said:

Is the Dell Otto ASM 667 variant his most rare to collect? I never see it come up for sale on eBay. My LCS got one in a month or so ago and it sold in two days. I didn't ask what he was selling it for because I didn't have the cash to get it at the time 

Yes it's the most rare by far.  Only about 225 of them out there.  Many with the same spine damage on the back.  

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes it's the most rare by far.  Only about 225 of them out there.  Many with the same spine damage on the back.  

-J.

Well that's going to really haunt me now forever. Wish I would've taken a closer look and just put it on my credit card lol. Oh well. 

3 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

Well that's going to really haunt me now forever. Wish I would've taken a closer look and just put it on my credit card lol. Oh well. 

Believe it or not the same thing happened to me about 6 months ago, I was on the way to the counter with it and heard the LCS owner say, "AH! you know that spiderman book we got in? We need to reprice that" lol So I put it back.... :( it was priced at $30.... to this day I don't know what spiderman book "they" were speaking of, was it the Dell'Otto in my hand. I will never know... 

But don't feel bad, they came out with a La Mole "reprint" of that comic I think, which is basically a Mexico "version" that looks pretty close to the original.... When I'm reminded of what could have been, I tell myself---- maybe I didn't inspect it close enough, it could have been the La Mole version..... the following link is an example of the La Mole :) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-7-DellOtto-La-Mole-Spanish-Variant-VF-9-0-/162570013029?hash=item25d9ed8965:g:v5EAAOSwAO9ZVEoQ

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Believe it or not the same thing happened to me about 6 months ago, I was on the way to the counter with it and heard the LCS owner say, "AH! you know that spiderman book we got in? We need to reprice that" lol So I put it back.... :( it was priced at $30.... to this day I don't know what spiderman book "they" were speaking of, was it the Dell'Otto in my hand. I will never know... 

But don't feel bad, they came out with a La Mole "reprint" of that comic I think, which is basically a Mexico "version" that looks pretty close to the original.... When I'm reminded of what could have been, I tell myself---- maybe I didn't inspect it close enough, it could have been the La Mole version..... the following link is an example of the La Mole :) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-7-DellOtto-La-Mole-Spanish-Variant-VF-9-0-/162570013029?hash=item25d9ed8965:g:v5EAAOSwAO9ZVEoQ

I wouldn't sweat that man, from the time frame and price that you mention, it was most likely one of the reprints.  (thumbsu

-J.

8 hours ago, thecollector881 said:

I wondered that as well. There was also the X-23 Sketch cover that sold a couple of weeks ago as well. Pretty awesome stuff