• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Polirer said:

So what do I get for joining the club? Just bought off eBay.

IMG_0886.PNG

Damn you're a baller my man.  Big time congratulations(worship).  I think it was just listed on ebay, what an hour ago ? I'm glad to see a fellow boardie snag it.  You are now offically in one of the most exclusive clubs for modern comics, and the owner of one of the all time rarest ASM's, painted by one of the best artists working today.   And , as a side bonus, the 667 Dell'otto moves back to #1 on the Most Valuable Modern Variant list with a bullet. :headbang:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

56 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Damn you're a baller my man.  Big time congratulations(worship).  I think it was just listed on ebay, what an hour ago ? I'm glad to see a fellow boardie snag it.  You are now offically in one of the most exclusive clubs for modern comics, and the owner of one of the all time rarest ASM's, painted by one of the best artists working today.   And , as a side bonus, the 667 Dell'otto moves back to #1 on the Most Valuable Modern Variant list with a bullet. :headbang:

-J.

Thanks J. It was listed around 3/4ish est. spoke with my wife. She knows my appreciation of Dell'Otto and also appreciates his work. We discussed what we were willing to pay, emailed the seller, he came back $2k away. I asked can we split the difference. He said he needs to think about it, then said yes. Done deal 8:13.

What surpassed the 667 for a moment until my purchase?

14 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Thanks J. It was listed around 3/4ish est. spoke with my wife. She knows my appreciation of Dell'Otto and also appreciates his work. We discussed what we were willing to pay, emailed the seller, he came back $2k away. I asked can we split the difference. He said he needs to think about it, then said yes. Done deal 8:13.

What surpassed the 667 for a moment until my purchase?

The Bats 608RRP has multiple 9.8 copies sell for $5k+ this year.  Prior to that , the highest price paid publicly for an ASM 667 Dell'otto was $4k for a 9.6 about a year and a half ago.  A 9.8 667 did sell privately for $9k eight months ago, but I don't use private sales for the Most Valuable Modern Variant list.  

-J 

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

The Bats 608RRP has multiple 9.8 copies sell for $5k+ this year.  Prior to that , the highest price paid publicly for an ASM 667 Dell'otto was $4k for a 9.6 about a year and a half ago.  A 9.8 667 did sell privately for $9k eight months ago, but I don't use private sales for the Most Valuable Modern Variant list.  

-J 

I remembered that statement " earlier this year a 9.8 sold for $9k" when talking with my wife and where to set our offer.

5 minutes ago, Polirer said:

So question for all... do I leave the ASM 667 as is blue label, have Stan Lee sign, have Dell'Otto sign, or have both Stan and Dell'Otto sign?

I was just going to ask what you were planning on doing with it since its an old case and easier to crack out. If you can find them, I say do it. I have heard though, time books are being held is being drastically scaled back so if they aren't appearing within a week of one another somewhere, it may be tough. Unless there's something about NY that you aren't at liberty to tell us yet ;)

21 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

I was just going to ask what you were planning on doing with it since its an old case and easier to crack out. If you can find them, I say do it. I have heard though, time books are being held is being drastically scaled back so if they aren't appearing within a week of one another somewhere, it may be tough. Unless there's something about NY that you aren't at liberty to tell us yet ;)

I thought I shared, Dell'Otto is supposed to make an appearance at NYCC. Just need to figure out where Stan will be.

37 minutes ago, Polirer said:

So question for all... do I leave the ASM 667 as is blue label, have Stan Lee sign, have Dell'Otto sign, or have both Stan and Dell'Otto sign?

If it were me and it looked like it was definitely a 9.8, I would crack and have Dell'Otto sign it in a beautiful color somewhere (Gold is my favorite personally). I love Stan, but I usually only get his signature on books he actually worked.

Stan will be at Stan Lee's LA Comic Con, but I don't know if he has another appearance other than this coming weekend's Palm Springs Comic Con. I do not believe he is doing anymore east coast cons (or at least thats what they say). I know they say that a lot, but I think they are at the very least limiting how much he is flying across the country.

56 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I would be very leery and even a little scared about cracking it and getting it signed.  But then again , I'm not much of an SS guy.   Though I can understand the appeal of getting it a little personalized after what you spent for the privilege of owning a copy.  I would probably limit it to just Dell'otto.  I really like the "tic tac toe" sig style he uses sometime.   That might look kind of cool if done in a decent spot on the book and not too big. But I'd still be worried about the book being damaged in some way during the process.   That's always the chance you take when you crack for a signature.   2c

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

I would be very leery and even a little scared about cracking it ad getting it signed.  But then again , I'm not much of an SS guy.   Though I can understand the appeal of getting it a little personalized.   I would probably limit it to just Dell'otto.  I really like the "tic tac toe" sig style he uses sometime.   That might look kind of cool if done in a decent spot on the book and not too big. But I'd still be worried about the book being damaged in some way during the process.   That's always the chance you take when you crack for a signature.   2c

-J.

^ This is why you should do it yourself. Window bag it and take it personally to have it done.

39 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Supposed to but not 100% definite yet. Is Stan not at NY this year? I would have thought with recent events, this would be his last NYCC appearance. 

Last year was his last NYCC 

There's something about keeping it pure and not risking the 9.8.

Rich_Henn is my go to presser he's taken 9.2s up to 9.8s. So can he take it to a 9.9 or 10, don't know.

If Dell'Otto doesn't appear at NYCC we already know Stan won't so we'd need a facilitator. Plus how much would these sigs add to the book value?