• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Maybe I should. I was trying to see if Liu was going to be at NYCC. She was at SDCC, but haven't seen anything about her at NYCC. If she isn't, maybe ill just press and regrade without the sig.

59 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Maybe I should. I was trying to see if Liu was going to be at NYCC. She was at SDCC, but haven't seen anything about her at NYCC. If she isn't, maybe ill just press and regrade without the sig.

She was at NYCC last year.

2 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I received my Dell Otto virgin variants for Metal #1 yesterday. Noticed some spine defects on both. Another collector on Instagram mentioned the same thing on his copy. Anyone else experience this? Is this a manufacturing error? Would CGC count against it? 

A lot of those metal variants, by other artists have been reported to have spine damage. I doubt CGC would consider those to be "manufacturing defects".

-J.

18 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

A lot of those metal variants, by other artists have been reported to have spine damage. I doubt CGC would consider those to be "manufacturing defects".

-J.

20 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I received my Dell Otto virgin variants for Metal #1 yesterday. Noticed some spine defects on both. Another collector on Instagram mentioned the same thing on his copy. Anyone else experience this? Is this a manufacturing error? Would CGC count against it? 

From Bulletproof: DC has/will replace most of the Metal #1 store variants.    We are expecting the shipment tomorrow, Thursday.
Bulletproof will inspect all the books and upon inspection, we will destroy all the damaged books we still have to keep the integrity of the print run intact.
Now this does not mean all the books will not have this spine crease problem.   The replacement might still have the same problem.  But we will save all the books that have the least amount of creases.   Again to keep the print run intact to it's original numbers.  We will shoot a video of this process next week and put it on our website.  If yours is severely damaged on the spine and you feel yours should be replaced please contact us at redkevlar5@aol.com to discuss further steps.
Thanks,

Hank.

Hank,

Question. What is this difference between the Bullet proof Metal #1 Virgin (limited to 950 copies) and the No logo Metal #1 Virgin LSCC (no copy limit noticed). 

I was holding back because I liked the no logo better. I know its a store exclusive but i feel like all those store logos seemed tacky.

Thanks!

P.S. - Ahh nuts, I bought the wonder woman Dell Otto virgin variant for Metal #2. Im guessing thats gonna come with a bulletproof logo?

Edited by Whomperz
added stuff

2 minutes ago, Whomperz said:

Hank,

Question. What is this difference between the Bullet proof Metal #1 Virgin (limited to 950 copies) and the No logo Metal #1 Virgin LSCC (no copy limit noticed). 

I was holding back because I liked the no logo better. I know its a store exclusive but i feel like all those store logos seemed tacky.

Thanks!

P.S. - Ahh nuts, I bought the wonder woman Dell Otto virgin variant for Metal #2. Im guessing thats gonna come with a bulletproof logo?

First I'm not Hank, I'm just a  good friend of his. Hank is the owner of Bulletproof. 

All Metal Dell'Otto covers were originally Bulletproof exclusives, just like the DKIII Dell'Otto covers. Since Dell'Otto, was appearing at LSCC he called Hank and asked for a favor to print 1,000 convention virgin exclusives on top of the 1,0000 Bulletproof virgins that were already ordered. Without that favor requested by Dell'Otto there would only be the Bulletproof virgin in existence. So Hank agreed, with Dell'Otto getting 500 and Hank 500. In my  opinion the rarest is the Bulletproof Virgin signed by Dell'Otto, it'll have a special cgc label, and a surprise.. Print runs are the same on convention and Bulletproof virgins, both are 1k.

Future covers will be Bulletproof exclusives, I don't know what the backs will look like as I haven't seen them yet.

2 minutes ago, Polirer said:

First I'm not Hank, I'm just a  good friend of his. Hank is the owner of Bulletproof. 

All Metal Dell'Otto covers were originally Bulletproof exclusives, just like the DKIII Dell'Otto covers. Since Dell'Otto, was appearing at LSCC he called Hank and asked for a favor to print 1,000 convention virgin exclusives on top of the 1,0000 Bulletproof virgins that were already ordered. Without that favor requested by Dell'Otto there would only be the Bulletproof virgin in existence. So Hank agreed, with Dell'Otto getting 500 and Hank 500. In my  opinion the rarest is the Bulletproof Virgin signed by Dell'Otto, it'll have a special cgc label, and a surprise.. Print runs are the same on convention and Bulletproof virgins, both are 1k.

Future covers will be Bulletproof exclusives, I don't know what the backs will look like as I haven't seen them yet.

Ahh,

I apologize for calling you Hank :( I was reading the post and just assumed, but now I realized that was a reply from him! Thank you for the quick response and clarification. I'm intrigued by the surprise hm 

12 hours ago, Polirer said:

I saw that Bulletproof is offering CGC 9.8 SS series again for the WW cover. Anything special planned for those that order that one? 

1 hour ago, Michael Lamm said:

I saw that Bulletproof is offering CGC 9.8 SS series again for the WW cover. Anything special planned for those that order that one? 

Let's just say it's being worked on and I ordered one just in case