• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

To all those that responded, thank you, as many understand my point in the detraction from value and the perceived "money grab". I have seen the response from BPC and their equating JSC promotions; I would like to use him as the perfect example of WHAT TO DO! JSC has been releasing limited edition covers with the GENERAL PUBLIC having the ability to buy a set of covers, to INCLUDE the Ultra-Limited CON's, at the SAME TIME OF LAUNCH! They sell out online and THEN say hey, if you missed your chance come see us at the CON. I can respect that process but this after the fact BS is troubling. I spend a lot of money on comic books and I am sure they can see I have purchased from them before and I am done with them now. I don't give a if someone paints the next Mona Lisa they can keep their books!

1 minute ago, NormdaMarine said:

To all those that responded, thank you, as many understand my point in the detraction from value and the perceived "money grab". I have seen the response from BPC and their equating JSC promotions; I would like to use him as the perfect example of WHAT TO DO! JSC has been releasing limited edition covers with the GENERAL PUBLIC having the ability to buy a set of covers, to INCLUDE the Ultra-Limited CON's, at the SAME TIME OF LAUNCH! They sell out online and THEN say hey, if you missed your chance come see us at the CON. I can respect that process but this after the fact BS is troubling. I spend a lot of money on comic books and I am sure they can see I have purchased from them before and I am done with them now. I don't give a if someone paints the next Mona Lisa they can keep their books!

Im pretty sure only the recent Gwen Pool set were available with all 4 covers. The previous ones did not go on sale with the convention exclusives from what I recall. And I was in line for the Phoenix covers at MegaCon and that was a debacle. 

1 hour ago, NormdaMarine said:

We understand. 

It's another cash grab. 

Being a huge Dell'Otto fan, I will look to purchase the NYCC cover as well as I happen to like it and it feeds my OCD as well :grin:.    Understand the gripes folks may have with this on how it may impact value of the original virgin and technically this is the second time this has happen if you want to bring up the Metal #1 logo and then no logo virgin controversy.

Hopefully this will not be the norm and all future releases will have some disclosure or maybe go with an ultra limited run like 250 etc if needed.   

Metal #4 Dell'Otto is on the horizon and I have faith with the people at Bulletproof doing the right thing moving forward.

Well, I noticed BC had given the general public the opportunity to purchase this NYCC exclusive online. Although I still put off on this book I still was warmed to the welcome of allowing others to get this variant online to the VAST MAJORITY of people who could not purchase this in NYCC. I reached out to BC this morning and sent them this message... I made my point; the opportunity to purchase is there now for others not in attendance which was half of my grievance! I share this because sometimes businesses need to hear people issues and then there CAN be change…

I do not own one of these covers nor intend to purchase one as the Red cover is where it’s at anyways…

Cheers

bulletproof.jpg

1 hour ago, NormdaMarine said:

Well, I noticed BC had given the general public the opportunity to purchase this NYCC exclusive online. Although I still put off on this book I still was warmed to the welcome of allowing others to get this variant online to the VAST MAJORITY of people who could not purchase this in NYCC. I reached out to BC this morning and sent them this message... I made my point; the opportunity to purchase is there now for others not in attendance which was half of my grievance! I share this because sometimes businesses need to hear people issues and then there CAN be change…

I do not own one of these covers nor intend to purchase one as the Red cover is where it’s at anyways…

Cheers

bulletproof.jpg

I think the opportunity was there because they did not get their copies in time for the show this weekend. They not having the actual book at NYCC, makes sense for them to offer them online since selling a book at the show that would not arrive until next week would probably reduce how many buyers they have. It is smart and I did grab a copy since I enjoy the cover.

Just now, RattyLa said:

I think the opportunity was there because they did not get their copies in time for the show this weekend. They not having the actual book at NYCC, makes sense for them to offer them online since selling a book at the show that would not arrive until next week would probably reduce how many buyers they have. It is smart and I did grab a copy since I enjoy the cover.

We are still expecting the books to arrive today, the message about coming next week is just in case they don’t, DC called and shipped out boxes to our store in Brooklyn on Wednesday after we posted the message on the web. The shipment is coming from upstate. So whether you agree or disagree, in the goodness of your heart pray they get here today or tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

We are still expecting the books to arrive today, the message about coming next week is just in case they don’t, DC called and shipped out boxes to our store in Brooklyn on Wednesday after we posted the message on the web. The shipment is coming from upstate. So whether you agree or disagree, in the goodness of your heart pray they get here today or tomorrow.

That is some good news, like I said I enjoyed the cover and ordered online last night and was glad the opportunity was there.

8 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Bulletproof just put Metal 4 Dell Otto cover on their website. A pretty intense design for The Flash!

IMG_5932.JPG

Jeez. I haven’t even read this series yet but man that Flash looks amazing. Just as I’m trying to stop focusing on collecting Dell’Otto variants, he pulls me right back in with this amazing piece! 

Edited by deadleg

1 hour ago, deadleg said:

Jeez. I haven’t even read this series yet but man that Flash looks amazing. Just as I’m trying to stop focusing on collecting Dell’Otto variants, he pulls me right back in with this amazing piece! 

I see he did the Ezra Miller costume for this one.  It works perfectly for Metal.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules