• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2017 at 9:38 AM, NormdaMarine said:

Well, I noticed BC had given the general public the opportunity to purchase this NYCC exclusive online. Although I still put off on this book I still was warmed to the welcome of allowing others to get this variant online to the VAST MAJORITY of people who could not purchase this in NYCC. I reached out to BC this morning and sent them this message... I made my point; the opportunity to purchase is there now for others not in attendance which was half of my grievance! I share this because sometimes businesses need to hear people issues and then there CAN be change…

I do not own one of these covers nor intend to purchase one as the Red cover is where it’s at anyways…

Cheers

bulletproof.jpg

It's more than likely that the fact that they didn't receive the books from Diamond in time for NYCC is why they are now being offered in store and online. 

It is super saturated with that overpowering green background... many of his pieces do that, but to my eye this color is unpleasant. The recent Flash red background and even his more typical 'void' backgrounds (black / grayish / white) works better aesthetically for me (though I'd far prefer more deeply finished backgrounds), but I guess this one may come off well for people that enjoy this shade of green.

43 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

It is super saturated with that overpowering green background... many of his pieces do that, but to my eye this color is unpleasant. The recent Flash red background and even his more typical 'void' backgrounds (black / grayish / white) works better aesthetically for me (though I'd far prefer more deeply finished backgrounds), but I guess this one may come off well for people that enjoy this shade of green.

I like the color scheme, but it does feel too saturated. Slap some ninja turtles in there in lieu of x23 and it'd be perfect for a different series.

Edited by DTM700

Well yea, but TAH 22 wasn't nearly as in your face, it's way muted in comparison. It's a fine cover but maybe overkill? "Recalls" to two months ago...we are all very aware of the greeness of all that is Hulk. 

Totally_Awesome_Hulk_Vol_1_22.thumb.jpg.c088803b8beb0d612a026ebffd2eabef.jpg

Side note, unless i'm missing something, doesn't that tube seem pretty small on the Dell'Otto cover?

3 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Well yea, but TAH 22 wasn't nearly as in your face, it's way muted in comparison. It's a fine cover but maybe overkill? "Recalls" to two months ago...we are all very aware of the greeness of all that is Hulk. 

Totally_Awesome_Hulk_Vol_1_22.thumb.jpg.c088803b8beb0d612a026ebffd2eabef.jpg

Side note, unless i'm missing something, doesn't that tube seem pretty small on the Dell'Otto cover?

Don't know the plot yet but I'm imagining that the image is symbolic/indicative of her own tube.

-J.

Wouldn't it make sense to expect this much green in a "real" environment of this type? Think about it, there are green lights and smoke/steam in the room. The green lights would reflect on the smoke/steam, so everything in the room would look different shades of green... no?

14 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

I don't care how much you like green, this is too much. I did a quick lazy thing to prove a point, imagine if someone who knew what they were doing took 10 minutes to tone it out.

That being said, I love the artwork, as usual.

lazyshit.thumb.PNG.58ace98bf5aeddb5d55456ba5a8612b1.PNG

When I glanced quickly at this I saw Lady Batman more than X-23