• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2017 at 5:19 PM, obsidian00 said:

Looks like another cover down the road....Weapon X #11 Variant  (Sad Lemon Comics)

tumblr_ox62dkOon01u4lxsro1_1280.thumb.jpg.0f60f0c2b1910249e392d57a36221579.jpg

This goes on sale today at 2 pm. The virgin cover is limited to 250 and comes graded by the others as a 9.8 individually numbered. Other wise you can get the trade dress. The virgin will cost 150 and the trade will cost 8.99 available in the states at The Comic Mint.

On 10/14/2017 at 12:03 AM, rckstr1253 said:

Are dell otto covers starting to lose steam in the demand sector?

So the Weapon X virgin cover limited to 250 and was going for 140 sold out at the comic mint, may still be able to get it elsewhere. But that’s a sign that Dell’Ottos are not slowing down.

29 minutes ago, Polirer said:

So the Weapon X virgin cover limited to 250 and was going for 140 sold out at the comic mint, may still be able to get it elsewhere. But that’s a sign that Dell’Ottos are not slowing down.

That wasn't a real question lol . That same person comes in here every six months or so, almost like clockwork, asks that same thing, and then disappears. 

-J.

I used to enjoy his stuff but he's turned into another hired gun.  Machining out cover after cover and it's being to look

like "Quantity over Quality"

I've started passing on his stuff as it's so easy to obtain in the secondary market at much less then when initially released.

Actually,  I don't even bother hunting for his stuff on the secondary market anymore.

18 hours ago, Polirer said:

This goes on sale today at 2 pm. The virgin cover is limited to 250 and comes graded by the others as a 9.8 individually numbered. Other wise you can get the trade dress. The virgin will cost 150 and the trade will cost 8.99 available in the states at The Comic Mint.

It’s a great cover. X-23 is one of the hottest characters in the Marvel U right now. It just doesn’t get better than Dell Otto. My favorite artist working right now 

2 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

It’s a great cover. X-23 is one of the hottest characters in the Marvel U right now. It just doesn’t get better than Dell Otto. My favorite artist working right now 

He's the only one that is consistently putting out heat, IMO.

I think it'd be hard to argue against Dell'Otto being one of the most talented guys out there, even when I don't like his covers, they're technically well executed.

The only consistent problem I have with him, and it likely is due to the fact that he is putting out so much work, is the relative lack of detailed environments. You typically get one figure, well executed and generously detailed, floating in some sort of void. I don't really blame him, his covers still appear to do well / sellout, and it isn't like other cover artists don't often do the same thing.

Sad lemon had some earlier today and with a discount code. Don’t know if others still do. I think it was joint release since there were 3-4 other sites selling these.

worse case buy it and send it in for cgc grading, and at least you have a copy.