• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Wolverine3 said:

Ok thankyou.

Is it a scarce book? How can i find out how many there are roughly?

and i dont have one to sell i want to buy one

You can go on CGC’s homepage and select census to search for the book.

It will show you how many copies have been graded and in what grades. It will also differentiate between blue label and yellow label slabs. 

5 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I was referred to this thread. I’m pretty sure this is a Dell’otto cover and couple boardies confirmed it too.

Does anyone know if this cover has been printed for any of the English Bats series?

9D8E3F00-B7F7-41B2-ADA1-E8C38F2EE1EC.jpeg

It has not. The German version is more well known. What language is yours?

IMG_5633.JPG

3 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

There is speculation that this commission piece will be used for the 1:50 incentive cover for Venom Inc. #1. Preorders are starting at $100

509E4C3C-53B4-42FA-819B-D172BCBCF47C.jpeg

I've seen this with a disclaimer that it will not be the final art used. Think it may have been on 7ate9's page? 

13 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It has not. The German version is more well known. What language is yours?

IMG_5633.JPG

I actually don’t have a copy. I like the cover and of course I’m a Dell’otto fan so was hoping to get one in English. 

I borrowed the picture as a reference. I think it’s in French.

Might just have to get a copy of either the German or French version. Just searched on eBay and saw a couple listings.

7 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

There is speculation that this commission piece will be used for the 1:50 incentive cover for Venom Inc. #1. Preorders are starting at $100

509E4C3C-53B4-42FA-819B-D172BCBCF47C.jpeg

For the life of me I still can't figure out how any casting director could look at this image or any like it and immediately think:

"Topher Grace"  

-J.

4 hours ago, MDR123 said:

I've seen this with a disclaimer that it will not be the final art used. Think it may have been on 7ate9's page? 

Curious to know if the owner of the piece is entitled to some compensation if it's used for a trade cover.  Does Gabs have the final say on that etc etc?  It would be cool if the owner of this piece was awarded something.

Anyone have experience with that?

Edited by obsidian00

4 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Curious to know if the owner of the piece is entitled to some compensation if it's used for a trade cover.  Does Gabs have the final say on that etc etc?  It would be cool if the owner of this piece was awarded something.

Anyone have experience with that?

I think the owner of any commission piece is lucky as a pig in poop if said commission gets used for a cover. $$$

7 hours ago, MDR123 said:

I am too but that pricey price point. Ouch. 

Yea usually 1:50 start around $50 but depending on the price point of the regular cover and the artist they are starting much higher. The 1:100 Adam Hughes for Thor 700 preorder price was close to $200 because the regular cover was $7. 

7 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

Yea usually 1:50 start around $50 but depending on the price point of the regular cover and the artist they are starting much higher. The 1:100 Adam Hughes for Thor 700 preorder price was close to $200 because the regular cover was $7. 

Why does anyone still order incentives from DCBS?

15 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

I think the owner of any commission piece is lucky as a pig in poop if said commission gets used for a cover. $$$

If he owns the original piece would he not have sole rights to its use for publication? 

If so I'm sure there will be some kind of royalty payment.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

If he owns the original piece would he not have sole rights to its use for publication? 

If so I'm sure there will be some kind of royalty payment.  

-J.

Typically this is not the case. You own the physical page / image, but reproduction rights almost always remain with the artist. If you wish to control the publication rights it is something you need to discuss up front. Some artists won't do it at all, some will charge you more, etc. This only covers unique, new commissions of course.