• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, peterchizzle said:

Not surprising at all... This guy continues to represent.

That slab was a boardie slab. Wowithurts.  He originally bought the book in Chicago when it first came out and slabbed it a couple years ago and sold it on eBay to the seller who just sold it now.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That slab is a boardie slab. Wowithurts.  He originally bought the book in Chicago when it first came out and slabbed it a couple years ago and sold it on eBay to the seller who just sold it now.  

-J.

Thanks for the backstory. Also just to be clear, "guy" is referring to ASM 667, not the ebay seller :). I really wish I was in it back then, would've loved to see all these crazy books start taking off. Now it's impossible to own one. Unless I sell a body part.

1 minute ago, Drill423 said:

Metal 5 cover hasn't been released yet, correct?  The Bulletproof website says Oct 31 for reveal.  Here I am like ...did I miss the pre-orders!?

Not yet, Hank said sometime this week hopefully. 

With a Morbius movie supposedly in the works at Sony, I wonder if there will be any movement on the Dell'Otto cover of Morbius The Living Vampire #1? Anyone know the print run on it? Doesn't seem too tough to find on ebay though with that dark cover, 9.8 might not be super easy to get. Would be great as a CGC 9.8 SS.

Edited by kevhtx

20 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

With a Morbius movie supposedly in the works at Sony, I wonder if there will be any movement on the Dell'Otto cover of Morbius The Living Vampire #1? Anyone know the print run on it? Doesn't seem too tough to find on ebay though with that dark cover, 9.8 might not be super easy to get. Would be great as a CGC 9.8 SS.

hm  I like the way you think bud..

7 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

hm  I like the way you think bud..

Yeah, I had a couple copies already, but went out and snagged some more off ebay as well. Could see a bump in price on it being an issue 1 and Dell'Otto. At least a little. Who knows. With Sony, Im not confident in the movie though. Would probably turn out to be Resident Evil trash compared to what Marvel could do with it.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

45k, plenty for everyone. Especially not being a variant.

Wow, yeah, bigger than I would have thought. There was a skottie young and a blank variant which im sure was part of that along with an incentive, but still a big run. I do wonder with the dark cover thought how many would be 9.8. I thought about sending mine to the signing this summer, but had other books I wanted signed instead. Ill probably do it for next signing. Im a fan of the character and always loved my ASM 101.

On 11/14/2017 at 4:52 PM, kevhtx said:

The newsstand and second print will have lower runs if you happen to see any, may not be a bad cheap grab. I've only seen a few newsstands period, let alone in NM+

Edited by Hickok8AA8