• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

But the second print was never delayed. They would have known when the second print came out. Why tell people they'd have the books at the show? To bring people to their booth?
Why advertise the book as a NYCC variant? To get more eyes on the book?

From the information they were posting it looked like they thought they would have them in time. Then, that week they were told they wouldn't. That's the way they presented it.

23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

From the information they were posting it looked like they thought they would have them in time. Then, that week they were told they wouldn't. That's the way they presented it.

Correct we were told DC would ship directly to us, didn’t happen. 

Second print labeling was due to DC printing it with their second print of metal 2

3 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

I know you're right, but I wish they'd stick to a set pricing tier. Or at least have 2 preset tiers that never change (low end and high end) instead of ebbing and flowing with the buzz. My fingers are crossed for reasonable pricing!

This is untrue pricing will be similar the virgin will be $40 down to the color trade which will be around $20. Just like always.

virgin will be limited to 1k

color trade 3k

1 minute ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Metal #1 - virgin - $30

Metal #2 - virgin $30

Metal #3 - virgin $25

Metal #4 - virgin $30

Metal #5 virgin will be $40 ????  So BPC is raising the price based on the popularity of the featured character.....

Current price of metal 2 is 40

19 minutes ago, Polirer said:

This is untrue pricing will be similar the virgin will be $40 down to the color trade which will be around $20. Just like always.

virgin will be limited to 1k

color trade 3k

Thank you for the clarification, even at +/- $10 I still consider that reasonable in this case. I'm in!

6 minutes ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Thank you for the clarification, even at +/- $10 I still consider that reasonable in this case. I'm in!

Ive got no problem with a price increase. The Metal series has shown to be a popular series over the past couple months. As a consumer and a business owner, I understand when a business increases the price on popular products. Conversely, sometimes they lose money on products that were popular that lose popularity and then sit on shelves that have to be clearanced out.  

Now, if they shoot the price up to $100 vs $30, then yeah, i would be pissed and wouldn't buy one, but a slight price increase due to the popularity of the series and character are to be expected. 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

I rarely say so about any Dell'Otto work... but I actively dislike this one.

Edited by SquareChaos

3 hours ago, SquareChaos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I rarely say so about any Dell'Otto work... but I actively dislike this one.

Something just doesn't seem right. It's a great piece of art. Dude really can't miss. Maybe it jus doesn't feel like a comic cover?

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Something just doesn't seem right. It's a great piece of art. Dude really can't miss. Maybe it jus doesn't feel like a comic cover?

For me, something is off in the body language - something Dell'Otto typically nails (in my opinion).

On an aesthetic level, it is the same things I tend to find myself unhappy with on number of his more recent covers. I dislike the over saturation, it is a strong trend. Surround the character with some color or colors, typically but not always somehow denoting their power, and provide no other real background detail - it just turns in to a character study floating in a void. It takes place nowhere particular. This part is just personal preference, but his covers I like the most are not simply character studies, even though he is very good at it.

20 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Hey Fred, just wanted to confirm if the Metal #5 convention edition is the the reverse flash.   Website states art has not been released but I did see the reverse was posted here.

Thanks..

Hi, no idea who Fred is, but I will confirm yes and no.

IMG_5799.JPG

1 hour ago, obsidian00 said:

Hey Fred, just wanted to confirm if the Metal #5 convention edition is the the reverse flash.   Website states art has not been released but I did see the reverse was posted here.

Thanks..

I believe Reverse Flash is the Metal #4 Convention Variant. It appears there will be one for Metal #5 as well.