• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Print run doesn't matter in any scenario. Supply and demand is all that matters.

Print run most certainly matters, especially in regards to these store exclusives. The limited print run, which is specifically mentioned on every store exclusive's site, is used as a marketing device is one of the main reasons why the books see the demand that they do. It both encourages the buyer to purchase the book immediately upon release (or they might miss out) and implies that the book will be more valuable in the future. If these books were printed to order, nobody would care about them enough to pay the prices they often command. 

5 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Who says the books weren't sold?? lol

See this is what I'm talking about....I'm done.

Your right. Happy now? Hope so because I do not go back and forth about what we both know is bull dung.

"what we both know"? Lol, what would you know? You said these types of books have no appeal to you.

20 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

And this is just how my brain works because I wouldn't buy one for 40.00 or even 25.00 for that matter.

To me they are second market books that are printed after the original print runs and have no appeal except "print run"

Print run only concerns me when it comes to keys and that print run I'm talking about is the original print.

Anyway...some of these are very attractive books with great art. If that's your thing.

Edited by .mike

2 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Are you asking me? 

If so could you be more respectful if you want a response? 

Perhaps hey Polirer do you have any info on this?

Hey Polirer could you please shed some light on the status of this cover? I posted a picture last month asking about the print run and I think you mentioned it was 1000, but I haven't seen any copies for sale. I've been checking the bulletproof site and I never saw it listed. Would you be able to tell me when this will/did go up for sale?

IMG_4759.jpg

48 minutes ago, .mike said:

Hey Polirer could you please shed some light on the status of this cover? I posted a picture last month asking about the print run and I think you mentioned it was 1000, but I haven't seen any copies for sale. I've been checking the bulletproof site and I never saw it listed. Would you be able to tell me when this will/did go up for sale?

IMG_4759.jpg

It hasn’t gone up for sale yet. Debating when and how.

7 minutes ago, Polirer said:

It hasn’t gone up for sale yet. Debating when and how.

Awesome! Hope you guys can get some signature series of this up for sale, I would love to have one. It's my favorite Dell'Otto metal cover so far. 

5 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Whats your point? There are a bunch of ebay auctions too selling pre-orders. Just because Bulletproof is sold out doesn't mean that other sites/sellers that ordered from Bulletproof and marks them up, then resells them is their fault. They were $40 at BP and the price at resellers is significantly higher. Why do you need an explanation from them?

Its pretty clear too. BP says it ships Jan 31. 7ate9 says it ships mid/late Feb. Comicxposure just says the release date is 1/31, not ship date.

JSC does the same thing. He sells out some of his sets within minutes, posts on his feed they are SOLD OUT. And then, minutes later, you see resellers throw up those same sets on their sites and then ebay auctions show up.

Edited by kevhtx

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Whats your point? There are a bunch of ebay auctions too selling pre-orders. Just because Bulletproof is sold out doesn't mean that other sites/sellers that ordered from Bulletproof and marks them up, then resells them is their fault. They were $40 at BP and the price at resellers is significantly higher. Why do you need an explanation from them?

Its pretty clear too. BP says it ships Jan 31. 7ate9 says it ships mid/late Feb. Comicxposure just says the release date is 1/31, not ship date.

What's the agreement? Poster said they were being upfront with everything. There are buying agreements made between retailers. Not saying it's happening here, but being transparent was offered.

1 minute ago, kevhtx said:

I always expect other sites to buy some stock of these books to have to sell. If they were a similar price, then I would think something was an agreement.

Check eBay. If you're a weekend speculator you are selling for more than joe blow. You wonder how they are selling at a loss, but they aren't. Hmm...

I loved the WW DNM2 cover, but I do think thats one thing BP is making a mistake on. The sets of 3 similar covers like most store variants, I get that. Then, the "exclusive" convention variant. Well, ok, thats a stretch. But, to then stretch further, they gotta stop that.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Check eBay. If you're a weekend speculator you are selling for more than joe blow. You wonder how they are selling at a loss, but they aren't. Hmm...

So your basically saying those other sites are charging more and giving BP a kickback on top. If so, I think unless there was some sort of proof of that at some point, we cant just assume that is happening out of speculation. Maybe there was, Im not saying there wasn't. Im just not ready to place blame when I dont know of anything of that nature happening.

Otherwise, not sure where youre going with it. Those sites are charging a hefty price for them.

4 hours ago, .mike said:

"what we both know"? Lol, what would you know? You said these types of books have no appeal to you.

Space doesn't appeal to me but that doesn't mean I don't know how many planets are in our solar system...lol

What a silly statement you have made there. I'm actually shocked that in your limited scope of things that I know nothing or my opinions are invalid because I do not personally invest in store variants (and one look at this whole last page about resellers buying up the whole BP stock and reselling at higher prices)Is one of many reasons  I just choose to buy books for cover and hold or invest my money in solid investments like keys.

Please do yourself more justice sir and do not go out of your way to look slow. It's a bad look....really.

Think before you speak instead of just wanting to hear yourself.

Happy Thanksgiving

Edited by Obi-Wan

On 11/21/2017 at 8:44 PM, IntoAnother said:

My apologies for the assumption, I saw you write “we” when referring to Bulletproof so I made a guess, my mistake. 

So what is your role with Bulletproof and Dell’Otto?

By the way I’m not on any witch hunt here. I saw “insider info” and figured it couldn’t hurt to ask for proof of a print run because I’ve never seen any for a variant.

It isn’t about you or Bulletproof. Print run numbers are just one of those things that’s repeatedly stated yet I’ve never actually seen any proof. That’s all, no reason to ignore my follow up questions or to be defensive. 

For the numbers on comp and replacement copies it was again just for me and my own curiosity. No big deal. 

:bump:

Hey Polimer, care to answer this question now?

Edited by IntoAnother
Bold

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

Space doesn't appeal to me but that doesn't mean I don't know how many planets are in our solar system...lol

Lol, that's stupid. Is that supposed to be logic? A subject doesn't appeal to you, but you knowing an elementary fact about the subject means that you know what you're talking about?