• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

That’s it thank you to those who have requested that I continue to share info, feel free to dm me. I’m not a fake. I haven’t lied. Bulletproof hasn’t lied. But for @Obi-Wanto be gross and say someone else is riding his “jock” and I got called out and I’m a fake, when Pete and Max no for a fact that’s not true, takes it too far. Jay thanks for starting this thread. But I’m done posting here due to the negative comments and challenges of:

@ygogolak

@Obi-Wan

@SquareChaos

@darkstar

@ComicCollectorMatt

@bababooey

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

Baba you can ask questions of me but I just ask people to be respectful especially if they want me to continue to share info. My info doesn’t come from scouring the web it’s insider info. I don’t see anyone else providing us Dell’Otto fans with that.

scrutiny sure again respectfully. But trying to prove me wrong or saying what I’m saying or what Bulletproof shares is fake. Not cool.

When you share inside information publicly you put yourself in a position where people will scrutinize your actions, motives etc...  The people who didn't see your inside information will feel left out, the people who read the thread may feel they aren't privy to all the info that the "PM insiders" get.  When the owner tells you to not disclose something your PM pals will wonder why you didn't tip them off.  etc..etc.. 

You're probably wise to not share inside information here since it puts you in a no-win situation that would prove challenging - I'd suggest - post the cover art and date of release, when available bump it and link to the information page on bulletproof.  No debates, no questions & no one will be buying only based on info from Bulletproof's site stumbling into this thread and " :censored: I didn't know that when I bought my copies" 
2c

36 minutes ago, Polirer said:

That’s it thank you to those who have requested that I continue to share info, feel free to dm me. I’m not a fake. I haven’t lied. Bulletproof hasn’t lied. But for @Obi-Wanto be gross and say someone else is riding his “jock” and I got called out and I’m a fake, when Pete and Max no for a fact that’s not true, takes it too far. Jay thanks for starting this thread. But I’m done posting here due to the negative comments and challenges of:

@ygogolak

@Obi-Wan

@SquareChaos

@darkstar

@ComicCollectorMatt

@bababooey

On 11/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, Polirer said:

Single virgins sold out

cgc 9.8 ss sold out

133 sets that include the virgin are all that’s left to get a virgin 

On 11/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, Polirer said:

Almost sold out on Metal 5 virgins 

cgc -10 left

virgins -133

set - 233

in total their were 1k now only 376.

This thread isn't your personal sales forum. 

My god let's make this really simple-

Posting about upcoming books by Dell'otto is very much within the scope and purview of the thread. Plenty of people have said they appreciate the info so I would hope that Polirer will be able to continue to post the info and ignore the noise.  

As to print run number into, to reiterate, in the absence of first hand information of fraud and deceit, there is no reason to badger him on the point, thus indirectly accusing him of being a liar.  Show a little class people.   

To those of you who aren't interested in the info, or are bothered by the posting of such, I shall politely remind you that no one is forcing you to visit this thread.  

Happy Thanksgiving all!

-Jay

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

My god let's make this really simple-

Posting about upcoming books by Dell'otto is very much within the scope and purview of the thread. Plenty of people have said they appreciate the info so I would hope that Polirer will be able to continue to post the info and ignore the noise.  

As to prime run number into, to reiterate, in the absence of first hand information of fraud and deceit, there is no reason to badger him on the point, thus indirectly accusing him of being a liar.  Show a little class people.   

To those of you who aren't interested in the info, or are bothered by the posting of such, I shall politely remind you that no one is forcing you to visit this thread.  

Happy Thanksgiving all!

-Jay

Repeatedly posting that a retailer's stock on an exclusive variant is dwindling is not simply posting about upcoming Dell'otto books. That is advertising and cgc has a forum for it. It has nothing to do with artist appreciation. 

Here's what I do. Maybe it makes sense. I see a Dell'Otto cover I like. I buy it. I don't try to speculate. I like the cover. I buy it. Doesn't matter if it's rare, commonplace or limited. I prefer virgin covers. I don't like all of them. I buy the ones I like. I will buy from Bulletproof or ebay. SOMEONE is always selling Dell'Otto covers. I buy them because I like his artwork. If I pay too much I don't care. Sometimes I pay too little. great! The cover I posted a few pages back struck a tone with me. Harvey Dent utterly defeated. Very touching cover. Venom covers? Couldn't care less. Beautiful artwork? Yes. They all are. Do I like Venom? Couldn't give a rats . I don't care what it might be "worth". If I don't like the cover or it doesn't reach me, it has no value to me.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Repeatedly posting that a retailer's stock on an exclusive variant is dwindling is not simply posting about upcoming Dell'otto books. That is advertising and cgc has a forum for it. It has nothing to do with artist appreciation. 

The only reason I posted remaining quantities is to make sure you the boardies who I considered quasi friends wouldn’t miss out and they go to others out there. Glad you appreciated that too. Some people may have forgotten when the go on sale, and they get the notification from here. And it reminds them. I’ve missed gbooks that I wish someone would have reminded me. I wasn’t advertising, at least that wasn’t my intention. Sorry if that offended you and anyone else. You won’t have to worry about it going forward.

Edited by Polirer

The guy has obviously provided credible early information. Its fact. He hasn't done anything dishonest. IF Bulletproof has done something dishonest (Im not saying they have) then thats on them. Give the guy a break. He is a good boardie who has contributed well and never attacked anyone, then all of a sudden gets dogpiled on top of for simply trying to help out fellow boardies who like Dell'Otto covers.

If anyone doesn't like the info he is providing, just simply ignore it. Don't use him to b1tch about BP potential practices or even worse, pure speculation. I am sure you can email them directly about that if you like. Print runs are a mystery and speculation is rampant across the board (not just with BP). So lets dont pounce on that subject every time a new cover hits pre-order. Im sure there are threads or other places that can be discussed ad nauseum.

I think you guys are being overly critical here for no reason. Theres been no damage and I for one have been assisted by his info since I bought some of the covers. I subscribe to this and its been nice to have one place to have it all. Having to go to multiple places for Dell'Otto covers info will be ridiculous. Theres not much activity for this subject. At least up until this witch hunt.

Edited by kevhtx

5 hours ago, Polirer said:

@ygogolak

@Obi-Wan

@SquareChaos

@darkstar

@ComicCollectorMatt

@bababooey

Weird, I don't recall saying anything negative about you, I've just taken part in the conversation... Or are you just lashing out in some sort of tantrum?

13 hours ago, Polirer said:

My role is an advisor and friend to Hank. I help him out, and one point we were trying to expand the business into other avenues together. At this point I volunteer at a penitentiary in NY working with inmates who are artists and writers  and using my connections to bring guest artists and writers to come speak to them. And I get donations of books for them. Bulletproof is a primary donor. Hank and are friends and still shares with me what’s going on ... helps out other stores if I ask... shares the prelim sketches for my input asks for my design input etc. and allows me to share certain info with you other info I can’t as it is classified due to contractual obligations with DC. Like I can’t share the sketches publicly because DC only wants finished covers to be seen.

Thank you for the response and clarification Polirer. I appreciate it. 

Happy Thanksgiving All

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

I think you guys are being overly critical here for no reason. Theres been no damage and I for one have been assisted by his info since I bought some of the covers. I subscribe to this and its been nice to have one place to have it all. Having to go to multiple places for Dell'Otto covers info will be ridiculous. Theres not much activity for this subject. At least up until this witch hunt.

I will admit that I went to far and should have dropped it. However, information was presented as absolutes that was incorrect.

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I will admit that I went to far and should have dropped it. However, information was presented as absolutes that was incorrect.

I dont think he has been dishonest though. I really do believe he is doing this in the of interest of other fans and not necessarily trying to sell for BP. Ive had PMs with him and he really is a fan of Dell'otto and wants to be helpful to others.

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

The guy has obviously provided credible early information. Its fact. He hasn't done anything dishonest. IF Bulletproof has done something dishonest (Im not saying they have) then thats on them. Give the guy a break. He is a good boardie who has contributed well and never attacked anyone, then all of a sudden gets dogpiled on top of for simply trying to help out fellow boardies who like Dell'Otto covers.

If anyone doesn't like the info he is providing, just simply ignore it. Don't use him to b1tch about BP potential practices or even worse, pure speculation. I am sure you can email them directly about that if you like. Print runs are a mystery and speculation is rampant across the board (not just with BP). So lets dont pounce on that subject every time a new cover hits pre-order. Im sure there are threads or other places that can be discussed ad nauseum.

The door to question the legitimacy of a print run is opened when a retailer uses the print run as a selling point of their product. An ambassador for the retailer with "inside information" shouldn't be necessary to clarify the actual print run when an advertised print run is attached to a product. 

If someone is here on behalf of a retailer and feels it necessary to repeatedly aware the forum of a current book for sale then they should also make themselves available to answer questions and clear up any concerns in regard to said book. So no, that shouldn't be done privately by contacting BP on an individual basis as the rest of the community would still be left in the dark.

2 minutes ago, darkstar said:

The door to question the legitimacy of a print run is opened when a retailer uses the print run as a selling point of their product. An ambassador for the retailer with "inside information" shouldn't be necessary to clarify the actual print run when an advertised print run is attached to a product. 

If someone is here on behalf of a retailer and feels it necessary to repeatedly aware the forum of a current book for sale then they should also make themselves available to answer questions and clear up any concerns in regard to said book. So no, that shouldn't be done privately by contacting BP on an individual basis as the rest of the community would still be left in the dark.

But all these "exclusive" covers are sold based on print run, these are no different. So to question it is irrelevant because you could question every pre-order not just this book or this artist. It seems to happen often and every time we could see this happen when theres a sale. Even in the JSC thread it seems to happen from time to time.

So, the point is, if you dont want this book, dont buy it. If you dont want the info, ignore it. You guys aren't knights in shining armor swooping in saving all the damsel in distresses from the evil dragon who is breathing fire on everyone. So he kept the other members up to date about how fast they were selling, BFD. He was right and BP sold out. Do they have agreements with other sites? Who the hell knows, but he doesn't work for BP and just because he gave us updates doesn't me he should be crucified because he cant or doesn't answer people's accusations/speculations. After the way some shot questions at him, I don't blame him. 

Did any of you buy the books or have interest or did you just want to crucify someone? In this case, because the Mattina virgin sold out within minutes a couple weeks ago, I believe he was doing the other users a service in letting us know how fast the sales were going. If you weren't interested in buying the book, Im not sure what the purpose of this is.

12 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I dont think he has been dishonest though. I really do believe he is doing this in the of interest of other fans and not necessarily trying to sell for BP. Ive had PMs with him and he really is a fan of Dell'otto and wants to be helpful to others.

100% True... Fred is foremost a true fan of Dell'Otto and all of my interactions whether in person or on PM's have demonstrated that.  His posts are most helpful to me and others who appreciate seeing new Dell'Otto art or getting heads up on pre-sales when it comes to exclusive covers.    I truly hope he continues to post Dell'Otto and we can all just get back to bringing the positive vibe back to this thread.

20 hours ago, Polirer said:

@ygogolak

@Obi-Wan

@SquareChaos

@darkstar

@ComicCollectorMatt

@bababooey

I didn't start the thread. You were fustrating me and I apologize for saying something inappropriate.  

I think it's ok aso a man to admit going overboard. I will be more mindful f moving forward that's my word. 

I didn't call you "fake" it's just you never answered other people's  inquiry and than you told me "I cant use your handle" and I reacted.

Again apologies sincerely. 

I'm not one of the people that had questions around the advertising being done here, but doesn't it seem pretty obvious that questions are bound to come up when someone starts talking about having inside information and some sort of relationship with the store, but refuses to actually explain much of anything?

13 hours ago, kevhtx said:

But all these "exclusive" covers are sold based on print run, these are no different. So to question it is irrelevant because you could question every pre-order not just this book or this artist. It seems to happen often and every time we could see this happen when theres a sale. Even in the JSC thread it seems to happen from time to time.

So, the point is, if you dont want this book, dont buy it. If you dont want the info, ignore it. You guys aren't knights in shining armor swooping in saving all the damsel in distresses from the evil dragon who is breathing fire on everyone. So he kept the other members up to date about how fast they were selling, BFD. He was right and BP sold out. Do they have agreements with other sites? Who the hell knows, but he doesn't work for BP and just because he gave us updates doesn't me he should be crucified because he cant or doesn't answer people's accusations/speculations. After the way some shot questions at him, I don't blame him. 

Did any of you buy the books or have interest or did you just want to crucify someone? In this case, because the Mattina virgin sold out within minutes a couple weeks ago, I believe he was doing the other users a service in letting us know how fast the sales were going. If you weren't interested in buying the book, Im not sure what the purpose of this is.

Questioning the true print run of these retailer exclusives is not irrelevant. How many instances have arisen, since retailer exclusives became the hot thing again with Rebirth, where consumers have been left questioning what happened here? Promised print runs being increased after a quick sell out. Later prints being sold as first prints or being sold with no noticeable difference between prints? Convention exclusives not being available at conventions where promised? Books breaking advertised street dates? Stockpiles of sold out books suddenly turning up for sale again? And on and on and on. Why is it that seemingly every time one of these books attached to a print run is advertised and buyers start asking questions, whether it is here, on Twitter, on Facebook, or elsewhere in the ether the retailer can't come up with a straight answer? Why does this matter so much? Because when something is advertised as being only 1 of 1000, the value can be affected greatly when it suddenly becomes 1 of 1200 or 1 of 1500. 

Advertising in this area of the forum is against the rules. If one person does it once it isn't a BFD, but it becomes a nuisance and sets a precedent where every thread is littered with links to books for sale. Repeatedly posting here about a book's current inventory is nothing more than generating hype to encourage a sell out, stop pretending it is anything but that.