• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Debates aren’t based on your opinion they’re based on accepted theories and evidence 

Like the "evidence" of Jaydog claiming to have seen the invoice with no proof to back it up? Or the "evidence" of some eBay listing from 2013 claiming a significant amount of them were damaged? Please.

Also, as you might notice by this thread, the theory is far from being "accepted."

29 minutes ago, Foley said:

Like the "evidence" of Jaydog claiming to have seen the invoice with no proof to back it up? Or the "evidence" of some eBay listing from 2013 claiming a significant amount of them were damaged? Please.

Also, as you might notice by this thread, the theory is far from being "accepted."

Obviously nobody knows exactly what percentage of the ~200 copies of this book that were produced were damaged.  But it was a significant one, whatever it was.  Considering that I literally just linked you to one of the only three raw copies that have sold in the last ~3 1/2 years that show the same type of damage that had been previously observed and discussed on other forums (here is a second of those three copies, this one from Sept. 2015, no pics anymore but the damages on the book were discussed https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/24682 , book still sold for  $2050 )and you ignored it, I would say this has officially slid once again into troll territory and I will respectfully bow out for now.   

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

Again Darkstar any jealousy? It’s the rarest Dell’Otto and an incentive 1:100. Fact! Even if there were 400, which there aren’t. So your jealous and wish you had a 9.8 like me. Doncha wish you had a 9.8 like me doncha doncha doncha wish you had an ASM 667 just like me doncha doncha!!!!

so clam down stop harrasing Jay who founded this forum. And find proof to prove your side. I’ve seen numbers on Rare recalled and CBSI and both indicate around 200. That’s still a very rare book. And then look at the cgc census only 14 are 9.8. I’m a member of that group. Are you?

Huh?

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Obviously nobody knows exactly what percentage of the ~200 copies of this book that were produced were damaged.  But it was a significant one, whatever it was.  Considering that I literally just linked you to one of the only three raw copies that have sold in the last ~3 1/2 years that show the same type of damage that had been previously observed and discussed on other forums (here is a second of those three copies, this one from Sept. 2015, no pics anymore but the damages on the book were discussed https://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/24682 , book still sold for  $2050 )and you ignored it, I would say this has officially slid once again into troll territory and I will respectfully bow out for now.   

-J.

Ryan Foley is the absolute last person on these boards that you should accuse of being a troll Jay. I think you should apologise.

4 hours ago, Polirer said:

Again Darkstar any jealousy? It’s the rarest Dell’Otto and an incentive 1:100. Fact! Even if there were 400, which there aren’t. So your jealous and wish you had a 9.8 like me. Doncha wish you had a 9.8 like me doncha doncha doncha wish you had an ASM 667 just like me doncha doncha!!!!

so clam down stop harrasing Jay who founded this forum. And find proof to prove your side. I’ve seen numbers on Rare recalled and CBSI and both indicate around 200. That’s still a very rare book. And then look at the cgc census only 14 are 9.8. I’m a member of that group. Are you?

Somewhere the Pussycat Dolls are cringing. 

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Sorry but it sounds like you're very protective of this issue because you own it. The fake numbers associated with it and fake numbers people pay for it. It's low print I'll give it that but has zero relevance in comic world aside from possible low print. What jack paid 9K for this book??

my two overstreet advisors are most reputable in Ontario sell thousands of dollars worth of books every year and have been for decades. I don't need a grain of salt to state what I did . 

Who out there wants to pay 9 K US for ASM 667 Dell'otto ? Anyone . It's all here say because you can't prove how many were actually made.

So let's talk about some real numbers then:

32- Copies on census after 6 1/2 years (a small fraction of multiple other rare variants/reprints from the era, including WD 100 red foil  (250 announced print run), Saga 1 DRS reprint (rumoured 500 print run) , Siege 3, Campbell (rumoured print run 400), Batman 608RRP (rumoured print run 400).

3- Raw copies sold publicly in 3 1/2 years.  

1- 9.8 copies sold publicly in five years

0- Copies on eBay now.  

The point about "Overstreet advisers" was precisely what Lonzilla said- OPG does not feature rare incentive variants, so they have no capacity to render a credible opinion on the matter one way or another.  

As I said, I have seen the diamond shipping invoice for the book, it was indeed a one case pack ship of a couple hundred copies.  Seeing the invoice only validated prior estimates of the print run that I had previously seen on multiple sites and other boards.  If you think $8k paid for a 9.6 was crazy, you would flip your lid if you knew about the $7500 I saw a 9.4 copy sell for on a Facebook group shortly after that 9.6 sale.  :ohnoez: "Relevance" is in the eye of the beholder.  For me, owning one of, if not the rarest ASM ever printed for a wide distribution, by one of my favourite artists is very relevant.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

As I said, I have seen the diamond shipping invoice for the book, it was indeed a one case pack ship of a couple hundred copies.  Seeing the invoice only validated prior estimates of the print run that I had previously seen on multiple sites and other boards. 

-J.

Except you haven't seen the invoice. If you had you would have taken a picture, gotten a scan, been sent a pdf. 

The actual proof...nowhere to be found.

7 hours ago, Polirer said:

I remember when Jay used this argument against me when I was downplaying the ASM 678 Venom variant. And then he had no choice but to pipe down when I showed him a pic of the copy I acquired at C2E2 in 2016 for all of $40. 

If your only contribution to the discussion of a book on these boards is that all naysayers of a book exist solely because they don't own a copy, its time for you to go. There are plenty of other destinations on the internet for you to shill your store variants, the collector's society isn't one of them. Good day.

46 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Now I don't want to argue but there are plenty of books out there ( variants ) rarer than this try ASM 238 Canadian newsstand variant . Even fewer in census than ASM 667 guy don't grade or care. I'm 100% positive more exist they will come up but it's not important in terms of history , first appearance or overall character development .

its uncommon and congrats to those that have one. I WILL get one I promise it won't be over 1K lmao. 20 years from now my early Spiderman will be relevant as will AF15 this won't be.

whoever is chasing variants I'd warn against dropping your hard earned money on these books. You're going to lose!

im moving on now...

IMG_6681.JPG

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Now I don't want to argue but there are plenty of books out there ( variants ) rarer than this try [bppASM 238 Canadian newsstand variant[/b] . Even fewer in census than ASM 667 guy don't grade or care. I'm 100% positive more exist they will come up but it's not important in terms of history , first appearance or overall character development .

its uncommon and congrats to those that have one. I WILL get one I promise it won't be over 1K lmao. 20 years from now my early Spiderman will be relevant as will AF15 this won't be.

whoever is chasing variants I'd warn against dropping your hard earned money on these books. You're going to lose!

im moving on now...

Call me crazy but I don't consider either "newsstand editions" nor foreign versions of comics to be bona fide "variants".  At least not in the same sense as the 667 Dell'otto, is an official publisher designated/released variant.  

But that might just be me. (shrug)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

8 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I’ve seen the Diamond Invoice and it says an exact number was shipped a number under 300.

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

As I said, I have seen the diamond shipping invoice for the book, it was indeed a one case pack ship of a couple hundred copies.

:whatev: 

25 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Oh boy now your deflecting. Scared. Did I push the right button and you can’t admit it. I own a 9.8 ASM Dell’Otto 667. I own z23 orig signed Dell’Otto. I own Batman Superman 7 signed 9.8. Winter soldier signed PINK HQ signed METAL 1-5 signed and numbered. Etc. plus 100 or so raw Drll’ottos. And I constantly get insider info. I already saw the metal 6 cover. 

So this is my home more than yours your like an arsonist no that’s to kind your a termite trying to cause rot in this house.

stop your crying if you don’t like Dell’Otto stop crying and leave if you wish you had a 667 talk to Jay or I And Maybe we can point you in the right direction if you don’t care about 667. Then why try and damper the flame for those who do. I’ve seen the Diamond Invoice and it says an exact number was shipped a number under 300.

Who cares what books you do or do not own? Hell, if you own this book it is in your best interest to propagate the idea that the book was printed in the low three figures - an unsubstantiated claim that has NEVER been backed by anything more than anecdotal evidence - because it benefits you financially to do so. 

And another claim of having seen the invoice. Lmao post it.

40 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Call me crazy but I don't consider either "newsstand editions" nor foreign versions of comics to be bona fide "variants".  At least not in the same sense as the 667 Dell'otto, is an official publisher designated/released variant.  

But that might just be me. (shrug)

-J.

Again you're choosing to be pedantic in order to ignore his very valid point. 

29 minutes ago, Drill423 said:

Like can you all give your measuring of your Dell Otto ASM 667 e-peens a rest and get back to the actual purpose of this thread?  New cover coming soon (Spectacular Spider-Man 300)

3A89618A-B891-47CE-85AC-7ED7F143C062.jpeg

How do I get one here take my money