• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Still waiting for the invoice. Any minute now. I can feel it in my bones.

1. This is a lot of words to say that you still can't produce the invoice.

2. You missed the point entirely about the book sitting in collections. Raw copies are sitting in collections of owners who do not follow the secondary market. So no, high dollar sales won't be bringing these copies to market because their owners aren't tracking those sales, the books aren't investments to them, they were purchased because they like collecting things, not because the book will have a positive ROI down the road. Other 1:100 variants have seen more sales because get this, they had a higher print run than the 667. This was already stated.

3. However, you have no baseline to compare this book to since you don't have the print runs on the other 1:100 variants you listed. There could be 3000 copies of the other 1:100 variants and only 1000 of the 667. Or 2000 copies of the other 1:100 variants and only 800 of the 667. You don't know. All you know is that it looks like the discrepancy in print run is significant based on A) census numbers and B) the number of sales. That does not prove the total copies of the 667 were only a couple hundred. There are too many unknowns in your equation to solve for x. You would need an accurate print run of at least one other 1:100 incentive on your list (the more the better) at which point you could look at that number and compare it to the ratio of graded copies for it and the 667 and then approximate the print run for the 667.  

This is a lot of words for someone who brings no actual facts, figures or stats to the table.  If you want to see the invoice do your own due diligence and track it down yourself like I did.  At some point when only one person is discussing and providing facts and figures and the other is not, either nit-picks or ignores or constantly asks for "more and more", one just has to accept they are dealing with a troll and move along.  

If you want to see the reported order numbers for the various other comparable issues of the ASM's that I cited that can be found here: 

Comichron.com

It should be noted that the average orders for ASM during this era was about ~70,000 give or take.  

And since we all know that ratio variants are distributed based on orders received that tells us that each one would have no more than about 700-750 of the 1:100s.  Not a lot but still quite a lot more than the `~225 of the 667.  Hence that book's absolute scarcity within every single observable market metric.  Your "maybes" and "what ifs" stopped being relevant to anyone who has been following this book and actually knows what they're talking about since around early 2013 at the latest. I continue to be simply astounded with your negative obsession and fixation with this book.  Feel free to keep rooting around in all those warehouses looking for one for another three years.  Just watch out for those counterfeit copies that have been making the rounds as fraudsters try to cash in on the book's frustrating lack of copies.  

Good talk.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

15 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

And since we all know that ratio variants are distributed based on orders received that tells us that each one would have no more than about 700-750 of the 1:100s.  

Except this isn't true.

The latest variant dumps from the big two confirm this. They sold off more than a case, as in more than several hundred copies, of 1:100 incentive variants like the hip hop variant for All New Inhumans 5, a book that hold been previously sold out since its release. You are the only person to suggest that the books are printed to nearest case pack and you continue to circle back to it here, and everywhere else these books are discussed, as if it has been proven. Nobody else, let alone someone with any authority or actual insight, has confirmed that. 

Also, where is the invoice? 

46 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I continue to be simply astounded with your negative obsession and fixation with this book.  

I like to know the truth when money is involved.

Negative obsession and fixation? I believe you have me confused with yourself and your relationship with the Saga 1 variant.

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Bulletproof said 90% of their Metal #5 virgins were damaged. Getting replacements.

I think this is some of that "insider info." (Aka it was posted on FB)

Notice how I haven’t said a word cause it isn’t insider info.

35 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Bulletproof said 90% of their Metal #5 virgins were damaged. Getting replacements.

I think this is some of that "insider info." (Aka it was posted on FB)

Also news from Facebook ygogolak isn’t sharing metal 6 cover preview will be on Bulletproof site tomorrow. Isn’t ygogolak such a great provider of insider info.

heres real insider info so ygogolak can stop climbing on me.

A piece of the preview of sketch from Dell’Otto compare it to tomorrow’s reveal then say I don’t have insider info. Edited it myself as to not spoil details

D56E3662-5A2B-49E4-A669-1A6472C30BEC.thumb.jpeg.e284650355b812bfee01725c065918e0.jpeg

Oh boy I just love this discussion about the 667 cover :D

I do not own one and I will probably never be able to afford one and I will never be able to affort an original painting from Dell Otto but still I would say that I am still a true fan!

But what I would really like to know, which is your rarest Dell Otto cover? Rare in meaning of impossible to find on the market or at least really hard to find...and it doesnt matter if it is worth 5 bucks or 100K!

Edited by locomat

8 hours ago, Polirer said:

Also news from Facebook ygogolak isn’t sharing metal 6 cover preview will be on Bulletproof site tomorrow. Isn’t ygogolak such a great provider of insider info.

heres real insider info so ygogolak can stop climbing on me.

A piece of the preview of sketch from Dell’Otto compare it to tomorrow’s reveal then say I don’t have insider info. Edited it myself as to not spoil details

D56E3662-5A2B-49E4-A669-1A6472C30BEC.thumb.jpeg.e284650355b812bfee01725c065918e0.jpeg

Preview image is up at Bulletproofcomix.com go check it out. It’s a match

2 hours ago, locomat said:

Oh boy I just love this discussion about the 667 cover :D

I do not own one and I will probably never be able to afford one and I will never be able to affort an original painting from Dell Otto but still I would say that I am still a true fan!

But what I would really like to know, which is your rarest Dell Otto cover? Rare in meaning of impossible to find on the market or at least really hard to find...and it doesnt matter if it is worth 5 bucks or 100K!

Glad to hear you’re a true fan. The rarest Dell’Otto based on all the numbers I’ve seen is Spider-Man 667.

site lists his rarest books

http://post.spmailtechnol.com/f/a/q5rNac4PHjcD3ACuwGfXUg~~/AAHs2QA~/RgRcURqfP0RJaHR0cHM6Ly9jb21pY2Jvb2tpbnZlc3QuY29tLzIwMTYvMDEvMTIvZ2FicmllbGUtZGVsbG90dG8tbWFydmVsLXZhcmlhbnRzL1cDc3BjWAQAAAAAQgoAAp-VblpJEzCMUhFQb2xpcmVyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ~~

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

Oh cool side!!!

So you only collect US releases with Dell Otto art???

Why am I asking? There are european covers that are way more rare then the 667...and imho they are the "classic" Dell Otto covers...his origin covers.

5 minutes ago, locomat said:

Oh cool side!!!

So you only collect US releases with Dell Otto art???

Why am I asking? There are european covers that are way more rare then the 667...and imho they are the "classic" Dell Otto covers...his origin covers.

I have quite a few of his European covers. Most of which all indicate a 2000 print run. Which ones are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I have quite a few of his European covers. Most of which all indicate a 2000 print run. Which ones are you talking about?

Ohhh there are alot of awesome old and extremly rare covers:

- Punisher kills the marvel universe museum edition (without numbers hand written on the cover!!! I would guess that maybe 1 or 2 copies exist the rest are all numbered and would not get a blue CGC label)

- French variant X-Men 49

- His Batman covers...I think it was number 16 and 25...not really sure

- Spiderman 10 with the Green Goblin double cover

or my absolute favorite old cover Wolverine 35 Abo Edition :D