• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

:troll:

-J.

You still haven't addressed this:

On 1/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, darkstar said:

Except this isn't true.

The latest variant dumps from the big two confirm this. They sold off more than a case, as in more than several hundred copies, of 1:100 incentive variants like the hip hop variant for All New Inhumans 5, a book that hold been previously sold out since its release. You are the only person to suggest that the books are printed to nearest case pack and you continue to circle back to it here, and everywhere else these books are discussed, as if it has been proven. Nobody else, let alone someone with any authority or actual insight, has confirmed that. 

Also, where is the invoice? 

-D.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:54 PM, Jaydogrules said:

This is a lot of words for someone who brings no actual facts, figures or stats to the table.  If you want to see the invoice do your own due diligence and track it down yourself like I did.

You made the (extremely dubious) claim, so the burden of proof is on you. There is no reason anybody should believe you if you aren't willing to produce the evidence you claim to have. Especially with your history.

At some point when only one person is discussing and providing facts and figures and the other is not, either nit-picks or ignores or constantly asks for "more and more", one just has to accept they are dealing with a troll and move along.

Again, you are the one making specific claims with no proof. No, you don't have facts or actual figures, just your worthless, biased speculation.

If you want to see the reported order numbers for the various other comparable issues of the ASM's that I cited that can be found here: 

Comichron.com

I would think the bringer of actual facts would realize those are actually estimated North American distribution numbers.

7 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I'll keep digging for more info. I really wish Dell'otto catalogued all lithographs as well as comic con commmsions so we had index of private and European releases. Being in Canada it's so hard to know what's going on with his releases. 

On the comic front its a little easier good info on his covers etc but art originals and prints , private commsions even custom comic covers zero Catalogue that I know of. Every professional artist has to have one. Someone needs to dig this up I'd be super grateful on information.

David Ceci is his rep he’s on Facebook you could start there

35 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I've contacted David about lithos he either didn't know or didn't care it seemed. He's trying to sell OA that's his thing . I feel like Gab and Marvel both know what was released as lithos. Funny thing is between Italy , France and Germany there were def different releases for their cons etc

Try Scott’s Collectibles on Facebook Daniel Scott

I’m celebrating Dell Otto tonight! Just got this in the mail today:

46F6179E-DF9E-4360-9888-2B9524A2156A.thumb.jpeg.c759dbbfd599946b478053ac2926afc9.jpeg

what a beauty! I don’t collect Spidey stuff much...but I enjoy the way he does Spider-Man more than any other character. Found this lithograph signed by the man himself from an eBay seller based in Canada. Can’t wait to have it framed and displayed. :cloud9:

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

I've contacted David about lithos he either didn't know or didn't care it seemed. He's trying to sell OA that's his thing . I feel like Gab and Marvel both know what was released as lithos. Funny thing is between Italy , France and Germany there were def different releases for their cons etc

I don't think there's any real incentive for them to help you.  Whatever has been sold or printed has already happened and distributed.  Whether or not you buy them or there are any left at the retail/convention level, Del'Otto and his people have already been paid, and he's still obviously very very popular.  And if they are 'harder' to find, then you and other people will try harder and pay more and pay faster the next time he releases limited prints or books.  Meanwhile they can hide behind 'not knowing' without looking like a-holes, whether they are or not.  And I don't mean to imply that they are, I don't know one way or another.  I'm just saying there's very little incentive FOR THEM to put in the effort to give out information about print runs or distribution or any of that stuff, even if the information was easily accessible, which it probably isn't.  And that's putting aside that they likely have strategies and connections for printing/distributors/print runs etc, and giving out that information could be considered at least somewhat proprietary and provide information unnecessarily that competitors may use or their own associates may use to drive up costs (not necessarily, but why risk it?). 

Meanwhile, discussions and speculations like the ones taking place in this thread continue to put the word about the quality and pricing and rarity of Del'Otto stuff.  How many more pages of discussion have their been because of the uncertainty of print runs?  Do you think Del'Otto and crew would rather just release the number and end the debate?  Or would they rather more people get involved and draw more attention to the potential/perceived rarity?  Again, I'm not saying they're criminal masterminds or that they even pay attention to these boards, but I'm just saying I wouldn't hold my breath about getting more info or clear resolutions from Del'otto and/or crew. 

30 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

46F6179E-DF9E-4360-9888-2B9524A2156A.thumb.jpeg.c759dbbfd599946b478053ac2926afc9.jpeg

what a beauty! I don’t collect Spidey stuff much...but I enjoy the way he does Spider-Man more than any other character. Found this lithograph signed by the man himself from an eBay seller based in Canada. Can’t wait to have it framed and displayed. :cloud9:

Congrats! He does draw Spider-Man very well!

31 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

That really is nice, sweet pick up!

-J.

5 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

That piece is super fantastic.