• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

I got this in the mail today all the way from France. I've been trying to find a figure online of how many was printed but no luck. Does anyone have any guess as to how many were printed?

20180203_182644.jpg

Awesome book!   I wouldn't even know how to begin to figure that out.  No less than 2000 though.  

-J.

49 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

I got this in the mail today all the way from France. I've been trying to find a figure online of how many was printed but no luck. Does anyone have any guess as to how many were printed?

20180203_182644.jpg

I love this cover thanks to @obsidian I got one. It shows better in person.

as far as print run, as Jay said I believe it was 2k, I remember CBSI.com did a write up on the cover. Let us know what you find out!

1 minute ago, darkstar said:

CBSI isn't an authority on anything, let alone print runs. 

Opinions are like bellybuttons we all have them!!!!

your entitled to yours.

do you have somewhere else to guide the original poster?

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

Opinions are like bellybuttons we all have them!!!!

your entitled to yours.

do you have somewhere else to guide the original poster?

It isn't an opinion. CBSI is not an authority or print runs. Stop regurgitating that information here, it is not wanted as it is not true. Continuing to spread false information is detrimental to collectors.

It is okay to say you don't know. Hell, you couldn't even read the CBSI article or repeat what Jay stated accurately. Jay stated no less than 2000, which is just a WAG on his part to begin with. You somehow reached the conclusion ("as Jay said I believe it was 2k") that the print run is now 2000.

Meanwhile the article you are attempting to use as evidence explicitly states that the print run on these Panini books is unknown and alleges that it could be up to 24,000 total divided up among different covers. And for that book specifically it does not state a ratio for each cover, which means the print run could be 25% of 24k, 50% of 24k, or 100% of 24k. Or since 24k is just a guess from who knows where, that starting number of 24k total could be completely wrong which means your estimate is already completely fubared before you even start taking percentages of the total print run.

4 minutes ago, darkstar said:

It isn't an opinion. CBSI is not an authority or print runs. Stop regurgitating that information here, it is not wanted as it is not true. Continuing to spread false information is detrimental to collectors.

It is okay to say you don't know. Hell, you couldn't even read the CBSI article or repeat what Jay stated accurately. Jay stated no less than 2000, which is just a WAG on his part to begin with. You somehow reached the conclusion ("as Jay said I believe it was 2k") that the print run is now 2000.

Meanwhile the article you are attempting to use as evidence explicitly states that the print run on these Panini books is unknown and alleges that it could be up to 24,000 total divided up among different covers. And for that book specifically it does not state a ratio for each cover, which means the print run could be 25% of 24k, 50% of 24k, or 100% of 24k. Or since 24k is just a guess from who knows where, that starting number of 24k total could be completely wrong which means your estimate is already completely fubared before you even start taking percentages of the total print run.

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I responded to you peacefully again do not tell me what to post or not to post. I know what Jay said and I know how I used it. 

I tried to be nice to you All you spread is negativity by criticizing others. Interesting that you went and read the article I referenced and quoted from it.

i asked you for guidance if you don’t like CBSI what resource would you prefer that provides info on this book? The only one I know of is CBSI or conics heating up which points to CBSI. Is there another site that has info on this book? Cause you have yet to be useful.

and alas be useful otherwise I say to everyone when it comes to Darkstar remember 

:troll:

3 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I responded to you peacefully again do not tell me what to post or not to post. I know what Jay said and I know how I used it. 

I tried to be nice to you All you spread is negativity by criticizing others. Interesting that you went and read the article I referenced and quoted from it.

i asked you for guidance if you don’t like CBSI what resource would you prefer that provides info on this book? The only one I know of is CBSI or conics heating up which points to CBSI. Is there another site that has info on this book? Cause you have yet to be useful.

and alas be useful otherwise I say to everyone when it comes to Darkstar remember 

:troll:

:eyeroll: