• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

Opinions are like bellybuttons we all have them!!!!

your entitled to yours.

do you have somewhere else to guide the original poster?

You say that like you think all opinions are equal. Opinions that are not informed and rational are utterly worthless.

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

I responded to you peacefully again do not tell me what to post or not to post. I know what Jay said and I know how I used it. 

I tried to be nice to you All you spread is negativity by criticizing others.

It's not negative to criticize people who deserve it. It is extremely negative to lie and mislead people.

Interesting that you went and read the article I referenced and quoted from it.

Well, some people like to actually know what they're talking about when they post. You should try it sometime.

i asked you for guidance if you don’t like CBSI what resource would you prefer that provides info on this book? The only one I know of is CBSI or conics heating up which points to CBSI. Is there another site that has info on this book? Cause you have yet to be useful.

Everyone would prefer actual information, but the correct response in the absence of information is not to make up garbage, but to not say anything. Unfortunately, far too many people now seem to think others want to be exposed to their irrelevant guesses, which are presented as fact.

and alas be useful otherwise I say to everyone when it comes to Darkstar remember 

:troll:

Stop spreading negativity with your criticism.

You are the real troll.

Picked up the virgin and trade combo for the carnage book. My first dell Otto. I love his art but wanted to wait for something new and not venom (there's too many venom covers). Also wanted something with Spider-Man fighting. I'm surprised it has not sold out yet.

37 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Picked up the virgin and trade combo for the carnage book. My first dell Otto. I love his art but wanted to wait for something new and not venom (there's too many venom covers). Also wanted something with Spider-Man fighting. I'm surprised it has not sold out yet.

Great pick up! Good book to start out collecting Dell’Otto, it’s a great Spider-Man piece. Got my set too! I know Comic mint sold out of the virgin copy. And that Sad Lemon still has  virgin copies available.

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

Print run for the virgin was too high. Which is fine. Anybody who wants one can get it without a markup.

18 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Print run for the virgin was too high. Which is fine. Anybody who wants one can get it without a markup.

Agreed it was high. However the metal 5 Dell’Otto Virgin was just as high and sold out.

and I bet the Dell’Otto metal 6 will sell out next week, again a 1,000.

4 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Agreed it was high. However the metal 5 Dell’Otto Virgin was just as high and sold out.

and I bet the Dell’Otto metal 6 will sell out next week, again a 1,000.

Metal has proven to be a hot property. Some issues have had 4 printings.

Is there really anyone that cares out Spectacular Spider-Man? Has nothing to do with the artist.

There are lots of Dell Ottos still available on BP website.

56 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Metal has proven to be a hot property. Some issues have had 4 printings.

Is there really anyone that cares out Spectacular Spider-Man? Has nothing to do with the artist.

There are lots of Dell Ottos still available on BP website.

You are right and make excellent points

The combination of the batman who laughs, dell'otto (or mattina or other hot cover artist) and the metal series is the winner there. I get that the wonder woman cover sold out too, but I bet it would take a really special Metal cover without that character to sell out right now. 

13 hours ago, Polirer said:

I responded to you peacefully again do not tell me what to post or not to post. I know what Jay said and I know how I used it. 

I tried to be nice to you All you spread is negativity by criticizing others. Interesting that you went and read the article I referenced and quoted from it.

i asked you for guidance if you don’t like CBSI what resource would you prefer that provides info on this book? The only one I know of is CBSI or conics heating up which points to CBSI. Is there another site that has info on this book? Cause you have yet to be useful.

and alas be useful otherwise I say to everyone when it comes to Darkstar remember 

You really need to let this personal stuff go. I don't care about you personally one way or the other, but I will continue to tell you not to post when you insist on posting false information as fact. You need to get it through your head that this hobby involves money. As such, anytime someone makes a claim that could affect the value of a book, like posting a false print number, I will do my due diligence to determine if what was written IS actually true. This isn't about being nice, it is about being accurate.

And no, you clearly don't know what Jay said or how you used it. This is what Jay wrote:

14 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I wouldn't even know how to begin to figure that out.  No less than 2000 though.  

And this is you spinning what he said:

14 hours ago, Polirer said:

as far as print run, as Jay said I believe it was 2k, I remember CBSI.com did a write up on the cover.

Jay wrote no less than 2000 after specifically writing that he wouldn't even know how to begin to figure that number out, lmao. 2000 being a random number that he chose because he wants to remove any notion that there could be another low low printed Dell'otto book that would threaten his 667 investment, again lmao. 

You then chimed in confirming that the print run was 2000 when you wrote "I believe it was 2k". Again, that number was just randomly chosen by Jay, it did not come from a dubious source elsewhere, or in the write up from CBSI that you even cite. 

Of course I read the article you referenced, especially since you couldn't be bothered. You introduced it as evidence of a print run. Why would I criticize a source of information publicly without first familiarizing myself with the source and the article in question?

CBSI is not a resource for numbers. In the absence of actual, real numbers you don't just pick a random source citing random numbers and run with it, not if you want to be taken seriously anyway. Those print numbers are not made available publicly and the community should recognize that and accept it.

Also, pointing out landmines is tremendously useful. Your boy Jaydog advocated heavily for buying into the Inhumans and your friends at CBSI spent years using false print numbers to sell people on the idea of Preacher. Two gigantic missteps. Where did little Billy's college fund go? Blowing in the wind like Medusa's hair.  And like that...

tumblr_owqb41uHYZ1rfd7lko1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, darkstar said:

You really need to let this personal stuff go. I don't care about you personally one way or the other, but I will continue to tell you not to post when you insist on posting false information as fact. You need to get it through your head that this hobby involves money. As such, anytime someone makes a claim that could affect the value of a book, like posting a false print number, I will do my due diligence to determine if what was written IS actually true. This isn't about being nice, it is about being accurate.

And no, you clearly don't know what Jay said or how you used it. This is what Jay wrote:

And this is you spinning what he said:

Jay wrote no less than 2000 after specifically writing that he wouldn't even know how to begin to figure that number out, lmao. 2000 being a random number that he chose because he wants to remove any notion that there could be another low low printed Dell'otto book that would threaten his 667 investment, again lmao. 

You then chimed in confirming that the print run was 2000 when you wrote "I believe it was 2k". Again, that number was just randomly chosen by Jay, it did not come from a dubious source elsewhere, or in the write up from CBSI that you even cite. 

Of course I read the article you referenced, especially since you couldn't be bothered. You introduced it as evidence of a print run. Why would I criticize a source of information publicly without first familiarizing myself with the source and the article in question?

CBSI is not a resource for numbers. In the absence of actual, real numbers you don't just pick a random source citing random numbers and run with it, not if you want to be taken seriously anyway. Those print numbers are not made available publicly and the community should recognize that and accept it.

Also, pointing out landmines is tremendously useful. Your boy Jaydog advocated heavily for buying into the Inhumans and your friends at CBSI spent years using false print numbers to sell people on the idea of Preacher. Two gigantic missteps. Where did little Billy's college fund go? Blowing in the wind like Medusa's hair.  And like that...

tumblr_owqb41uHYZ1rfd7lko1_500.gif

25 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

hm You must be Jaydogrules' shill account. Nobody else could possibly be so good at ignoring facts and reality.

Stating I’m wrong or someone else is wrong without presenting facts to tell why is wrong. 

No one has presented facts or reality only claims and opinions.

CBSI isn’t an authority based on what? Because they got a few speculations wrong how many did they get right?

i asked for a better source no one answered.

so tell me what facts and reality I have ignored?

13 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Stating I’m wrong or someone else is wrong without presenting facts to tell why is wrong. 

CBSI isn’t an authority based on what? Because they got a few speculations wrong how many did they get right?

I demonstrably showed that you literally confirmed a print number based on another user's wild guess. How this absurdity is lost on you, I have no idea. This is not an opinion or a point of view. It actually happened. Scroll up for the written record. Another user threw out a 2000 print number for a book as a guess after admitting he had no way of figuring out the print run. You reiterated this number as fact and confirmed it because an article on another site mentioned it, when they didn't mention it at all. In fact the number that they did use was 12x higher than your "confirmed" number of 2000. 

CBSI does not have access to print numbers, nor do they have editorial oversight. The information that they post in regards to print numbers is not backstopped by anything, it is a guess. Using false print numbers, that you knowingly know are false, to push books is not speculation. 

No one answered you about a better source, because there is no source. You want information that is not made available for public consumption.  

16 minutes ago, Polirer said:

What is wrong is people inventing numbers when the real numbers aren't available.

32 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Just because a stopped clock is right twice a day doesn't mean it works. If you think CBSI is a reputable source of information, you don't know anything.

32 minutes ago, Polirer said:

That there is no source that is willing to provide the real numbers and no way for anyone to estimate the numbers with the publicly available information.