• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Instead of getting angry, frustrated, annoyed, and falsely accusing other people of being trolls, why don't you step back and analyze yourself and your posts? 

You have been given substantive, rational, reasonable responses, yet you continue to post as if this is 8th grade, and the most clever response wins. 

That's not how rational debate works. 

You said "all people have are claims and opinions", and then immediately ask why CBSI isn't an authority. The answer to the second is in the first: Comic Book SPECULATION & Investing is a website that 1. is concerned solely with flipping, rather than collecting, comic books, and 2. is generally just a couple of guys' opinions.

And if I can head you off at the pass: there's nothing wrong with flipping, but you need to understand the basic concept of the conflict of interest. People with a vested interest are going to say what will benefit them...not you. If you happen to benefit, great, but that's not their goal. And when that goal conflicts with the truth, you have a conflict of interest, and everything said should be rationally analyzed in that light.

To the specific issue: there is no data. That's the problem. This information is not information that the publishers release, so no one...meaning NO ONE...except the publisher and printer knows how many were actually made. Therefore, any and all numbers not released by the publisher are, AT BEST, shot in the dark guesses. That means that your guess is just as good...or bad....as anyone else's.

Those who say differently are trying to sell you something. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but they ARE trying to sell you something.

You may not see it that way, but people are trying to genuinely help you, and you're treating them like they're your enemies. Or would you prefer everyone just make things up out of thin air, but act as if they have real information...?

:troll:

30 minutes ago, Polirer said:
3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Instead of getting angry, frustrated, annoyed, and falsely accusing other people of being trolls, why don't you step back and analyze yourself and your posts? 

You have been given substantive, rational, reasonable responses, yet you continue to post as if this is 8th grade, and the most clever response wins. 

That's not how rational debate works. 

You said "all people have are claims and opinions", and then immediately ask why CBSI isn't an authority. The answer to the second is in the first: Comic Book SPECULATION & Investing is a website that 1. is concerned solely with flipping, rather than collecting, comic books, and 2. is generally just a couple of guys' opinions.

And if I can head you off at the pass: there's nothing wrong with flipping, but you need to understand the basic concept of the conflict of interest. People with a vested interest are going to say what will benefit them...not you. If you happen to benefit, great, but that's not their goal. And when that goal conflicts with the truth, you have a conflict of interest, and everything said should be rationally analyzed in that light.

To the specific issue: there is no data. That's the problem. This information is not information that the publishers release, so no one...meaning NO ONE...except the publisher and printer knows how many were actually made. Therefore, any and all numbers not released by the publisher are, AT BEST, shot in the dark guesses. That means that your guess is just as good...or bad....as anyone else's.

Those who say differently are trying to sell you something. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but they ARE trying to sell you something.

You may not see it that way, but people are trying to genuinely help you, and you're treating them like they're your enemies. Or would you prefer everyone just make things up out of thin air, but act as if they have real information...?

:troll:

It looks to me like Polirer is incapable of reasoned debate, so I humbly suggest we stop trying to get a different response from him. Broadly speaking, as I see it, there are two schools of thought in this and the other threads about print numbers for variants. One school is that there is no data, so therefore no confirmed numbers, only speculation. The other is that there is evidence to support numbers, but I personally have yet to see. I suspect it will not come. I know where I stand on it.

As a former owner, I was interested in discussing the ASM 667, and other such posts about comparatively scarce variants. But these threads are now just Groundhog Day starring people with little online appeal. If you keep putting your hand into a fire, and expect a different result, you're in for a lot of pain. So I'm out, and I'll make sure the door doesn't hit me where the good Lord split me as I go.

Think of this post as a can of pedigree chum :)

Please do not feed Polirer

20 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I hope Dell'otto does something special for Amazing Spiderman 800. It will have a tonne a variants I'm sure 

That would be real cool! Hopefully a marvel incentive ratio!!!!

2 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Cost! I have an idea I want done ( can't share it too good ) so I go after lithographs. I get beautiful art for peanuts really. Even a crappy sketch can cost hundreds of dollars so if I get a commission I want fully painted pro painting to my specs. That translates to thousands of dollars :(. I might get lucky find og sketch of spidey I blew a great chance last year at two sketches for 180 dollars I got greedy just for the one. Seller listed on eBay pair got 800.00. I was offered them for 180.00 I'm so dumb....sigh:(.

Well from Dell’Otto you pretty much just get to say the character. That’s it painted costs $1800. On black paper with the pastel outline costs if I recall correctly $700. A sketch in pencil is around the same.

13 minutes ago, NormdaMarine said:

Received my X-Men Red #1 reused X-23 Virgin Variant from Unknown Comics yesterday and I still can't believe they allowed this to happen! BUT!!!! I am very happy they did because I was not going to drop the required money to buy the original variant! This thing is beautiful though!!!!

27989854_10211426936533532_2029836826_o.jpg

27846607_10211425488217325_818093758_o (1).jpg

Congrats! I’m waiting on mine. Got the shipping notice.