• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

so it's come to this now. ASM variants signed and tied to a grading company but possibly "hidden" raw stock released once the money has all been made?  is that what I'm reading on here?

and so much for quality. I just received an 800 Virgin dell'otto and it has the light white scuff mark at the mid left FC spine edge defect. I looked online and found this appears on every copy that has an actual photo. so much for distributor returns on defects.

I wonder if cgc will give one a 9.8 and if all the cracked/resubbed competitor ss variants will get a green cgc label or a downgraded "name written on cover" label.

Edited by justafan

13 hours ago, justafan said:

so it's come to this now. ASM variants signed and tied to a grading company but possibly "hidden" raw stock released once the money has all been made?  is that what I'm reading on here?

and so much for quality. I just received an 800 Virgin dell'otto and it has the light white scuff mark at the mid left FC spine edge defect. I looked online and found this appears on every copy that has an actual photo. so much for distributor returns on defects.

I wonder if cgc will give one a 9.8 and if all the cracked/resubbed competitor ss variants will get a green cgc label or a downgraded "name written on cover" label.

there is no hidden stock there are 300 graded and a dozen or so raws given to mayhew. as for the dell'ottos variants seems like diamond scuffed most of them there is a 9.8 on ebay already so compare your to it for grading. but since most were damaged in transit and not in printing id guess cgc will count damage on grading making 9.8 a little harder come by

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

there is no hidden stock there are 300 graded and a dozen or so raws given to mayhew. as for the dell'ottos variants seems like diamond scuffed most of them there is a 9.8 on ebay already so compare your to it for grading. but since most were damaged in transit and not in printing id guess cgc will count damage on grading making 9.8 a little harder come by

interesting. I wonder how long before we see those dozen or so raws which make it to ebay. It may not be considered hidden outside this community, I can assure you it is not totally public information for most of the market. demand for unsigned copies of those could be HUGE!

was the asm dell'otto 9.8 you were referring to the ss one here

https://m.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-800-CGCSS-9-8-1-200-DELL-OTTO-VIRGIN-COVER-SIGNED-BY-IMMONEN/163078083588

that one has the same white scuff defect I've seen on all the other copies so maybe they're giving it a pass.

Edited by justafan

4 hours ago, williamblood said:

Where are these scuffs...i have one looks good to me.  I got mine from midtown

4 hours ago, williamblood said:

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

:roflmao:

How many of the Iron Fist's have come out besides the one that was taken directly from the printer?

2 hours ago, justafan said:

interesting. I wonder how long before we see those dozen or so raws which make it to ebay. It may not be considered hidden outside this community, I can assure you it is not totally public information for most of the market. demand for unsigned copies of those could be HUGE!

was the asm dell'otto 9.8 you were referring to the ss one here

https://m.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-800-CGCSS-9-8-1-200-DELL-OTTO-VIRGIN-COVER-SIGNED-BY-IMMONEN/163078083588

that one has the same white scuff defect I've seen on all the other copies so maybe they're giving it a pass.

Complimentary copies are not a given. Every artist and dealer will have a different contract. I've sold a comic directly to the artist who did the cover before. They don't always get them.

The X-Men Red (X-23) virgin that was a "limited" reprint of original art is an example of worst case probably. The artist sold, I'm guessing, 50 copies well below going market price at the time.

53 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

How many of the Iron Fist's have come out besides the one that was taken directly from the printer?

I haven't been paying attention since I left that group, distancing myself as much as I could.

I'll  take a wild guess of zero since that book, as well as a majority of the others,  are now pretty worthless. 

I think im sending in my del 800 with a few others fast track.   

As far as MayhewI   I dont understand an SS on keys or huge limit variants.  The cover except yellow vs red on mayhew is the same.  Virgins just look cooler .  I guess people can debate this. But i honestly I  can think of 50 other asm covers that an homage to would have been better especially since they just did a 238 homage less than 6 mos ago.  

Edited by Jaydee

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

I haven't been paying attention since I left that group, distancing myself as much as I could.

I'll  take a wild guess of zero since that book, as well as a majority of the others,  are now pretty worthless. 

What group?

10 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Where are these scuffs...i have one looks good to me.  I got mine from midtown

it's near the front cover spine about 2/3 of the way up the spine just below spideys eye line of sight almost as if he's looking at them. and about 1/2" from the spine edge. the scuffs almost look like the webbing but it varies on some copies from a single 1/8" scuff to 2-3 scuffs or streaks. some have it worse but most have at least that tiny 1/8" scuff.

if yours doesn't have it or the large bindery tears at the spine corners common on these extra sized issues consider yourself fortunate and sub that baby with confidence!

22 hours ago, williamblood said:

so mayhew just posted and sold his copies of asm 800, he had 10 copies of the modern cover and when asked he said he had no classic covers

On eBay?

edit: guess that answers the comp. question, or at least some of them.

Doc1.jpg

Edited by ygogolak