• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Spring Auction

359 posts in this topic

Mr. A 36,500

That's like 3x what I paid for my three first edition copies of Atlas Shrugged (two of which are in stunning condition). :doh:

I don't think Mr. A is exactly considered to be the pinnacle of Objectivism...that is a nutty price, IMO.

I thought the same until I saw the piece and it really works as a single piece of art that stands by itself. Plus, I know some people of means who objectify Objectivism to a degree that borders on mania (even if they don't really read the stuff they love to think of themselves as one of Rand's superior beings). Ditko's fame and his story of being so true to that ethos (that he foregoes large sums of money makes him practically a living manifestation of a character from one of Rand's books. And I can see how that would appeal to some in a big way.

I thought the same until I saw the piece and it really works as a single piece of art that stands by itself. Plus, I know some people of means who objectify Objectivism to a degree that borders on mania (even if they don't really read the stuff they love to think of themselves as one of Rand's superior beings). Ditko's fame and his story of being so true to that ethos (that he foregoes large sums of money makes him practically a living manifestation of a character from one of Rand's books. And I can see how that would appeal to some in a big way.

Who are these mystery wealthy Objectivist OA collectors that people keep talking about? (shrug)

I'd pay up for Salter's painted cover to the first edition of Atlas Shrugged, but for a Mr. A splash...pass.

Who are these mystery wealthy Objectivist OA collectors that people keep talking about? (shrug)

I dunno about them, but I would have bought the ASM #10 page instead of the Mr. A splash, and had some change left over.

I'd pay up for Salter's painted cover to the first edition of Atlas Shrugged, but for a Mr. A splash...pass.

I don't know personally of anyone who is both a freak about Objectivism and comic OA but I know enough people who are one or the other that it would surprise me if there weren't some overlap.

I heard its some guy so obsessed with those beliefs that he has three copies of atlas shrugged (shrug):insane:

Yeah, exactly! If a guy like me isn't interested in it at anywhere near that price...WHO IS? hm

Holy smokes, the Infantino Flash cover is jumping!!!

As it should....as of this morning it was sitting at 1/4 of FMV.

$17.8K for the Infantino Flash cover!

I had this marked, before the auction at, $17k to $20k range. Small art and perhaps someone concerned with resto were the only limiting factors.

$17.8K for the Infantino Flash cover!

Seems cheap for a SA Infantino Flash cover, even if it's been restored.

the resto is what got it that price

And the small art size.

I think they went hand in hand.

So, someone tripped the reserve on both the Adams X-Men page and the Bolton Marada pin-up. Not sure if it was the same person or two different people, but the winner(s) both tripped the reserve and added an insurance bid on top. So, is that the real market or just what one solitary person is willing to pay? hm

That's the market; Adams price didn't seem high.