• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any info on this Spidey would be appreciated

11 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man promotional mini-comic. This giveaway was originally included as bonus material with the second issue of Eye Magazine and was glued (*#$%!) to the front cover of the magazine. The full-color Amazing Spider-Man mini-comic seen here, "The Birth of a Hero!," (reprints Amazing Spider-Man #42 minus the subplots) is 20-pages, measures 6-3/4 inches x 4-3/4 inches,

Yours looks nicer than the one I have.

I believe this comic has no value at all. Please send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. :whistle:

Actually it took me a long time to find this little thing (not because I'm a picky collector but because I'm a miserly one!) It's not that common, especially if attached to the original magazine.

If you have a copy of #42 it's interesting to compare not only how they edited the plot but also squished together the artwork to make things fit (like the cover).

Peter (Gotham Kid) had a high grade copy slabbed, that he either sold or donated in a charity thread.

You can see the magazine with whom it came on the MyComicshop listing: :)

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=410731

At the time my copy was a highest graded 6.0 copy (thumbs u

I believe this comic has no value at all. Please send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. :whistle:

Actually it took me a long time to find this little thing (not because I'm a picky collector but because I'm a miserly one!) It's not that common, especially if attached to the original magazine.

If you have a copy of #42 it's interesting to compare not only how they edited the plot but also squished together the artwork to make things fit (like the cover).

I actually did a side by side comparison, it was very interesting.

Peter (Gotham Kid) had a high grade copy slabbed, that he either sold or donated in a charity thread.

You can see the magazine with whom it came on the MyComicshop listing: :)

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=410731

At the time my copy was a highest graded 6.0 copy (thumbs u

I believe your grade is safe as it relates to mine.