• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase 22 Coverless Process with a Fedoraman cover

13 posts in this topic

I recentlly bought a CGC NG Showcase 22 from the boards and then contacted Fedoraman about his great cover reproductions. I received it quickly and put it on today. I took some pics along the way of the staple removal and placing the cover on the book.

I'm quite happy with it. :applause:

IMG_0342_zpsllvvxpda.jpg

IMG_0343_zpstwlw2rus.jpg

IMG_0344_zpsoark073p.jpg

IMG_0346_zpsrvfo2rm8.jpg

IMG_0348_zpsgmzth6lb.jpg

IMG_0349_zpsjykckknz.jpg

IMG_0361_zpsu8sg8myq.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsz8rckxtm.jpg

Thanks guys.

It actually wasn't difficult to get the staples through the cover in the right place.

Once I bent the staples upright, I removed them and then I took a thumb tack and put the thumb tack through the hole.

I then positioned the cover on the book with the thumb tacks facing downward and I pushed the point through the cover on both holes. I then turn the book over and insert the staples and they go right in. I do this on a piece of cardboard so when I push the staples through the cover the point of the tack can go through the cardboard a little.

I then flip the book over carefully and close the staples inside the centerfold.

I've only done this twice but it's worked great so far.

Happy to show it. I'm not a pro by any stretch but this one seems easy enough and doesn't damage the book in any way.

Mark, how is the weight of the paper stock of the cover? Is it quite a bit heavier than a standard comic cover?

The stock is a little heavier than typical cover paper stock. It's not the same thickness and I think it's perfect that way. It's not thin that will bend easily but the stock is not too thick either...hard to gauge but it is heavier stock paper.

Do you plan on resubmitting it cgc to be regraded?

No I don't....at least not at this point.

CGC would give it a NG again even with the cover.

Interestingly, Voldemort will give it a .3

I plan on keeping it raw for the foreseeable future.

Do you plan on resubmitting it cgc to be regraded?

No I don't....at least not at this point.

CGC would give it a NG again even with the cover.

Interestingly, Voldemort will give it a .3

I plan on keeping it raw for the foreseeable future.

Cool, was just curious whether they would keep it blue or give it a purple label because of the staples.