• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just 1 book, Haunted Thrills #6, a HORRIBLE;) Pre Code Horror, with a Skull;)

13 posts in this topic

For sale today is one book, Haunted Thrills #6 by Ajax Farrell, 1953.. It has never been pressed.

I accept Paypal, checks or MO's, Payment is due within 7 days please, unless we come to some other agreement.

First posted :takeit: wins, whether in the thread or by PM.

Shipping for this book is exact, wherever you are...well, except the Moon, that might take a while;)

Returns. You can return anything for any reason (even slabs) as long as you notify me within 7 days of receipt and return the item the same way it was sent within 14 days. If I made an error in the description, I'll pay for return shipping.

I was going through some drawers with books I had not looked at for a while and trying to pull some out for CGC. When I looked this one up, I saw a 4.0 sold for $500 in 2/14. In full disclosure, I see there is a fair/good listed on eBay for $49 and a 2.5 (cgc) for $300 from MCS.

I know nothing about Horror books and I thought I'd have this one slabbed, when a friend of mine who is a Horror collector said "WAIT, lots of horror collectors prefer raw books so they can look at them".

I like it when people look inside books, lol...so...here it is.

My guess is it's in the 4.0 range, could go from a 3.5 to a 4.5. As you can see there is a small chip upper right and a 1" spine split top, smaller split (about 1/4") on the bottom. Nothing I see seems to be brittle. The book has a sun shadow on the back and it's never been pressed. None of my raw books have been pressed (that I know of).

I'm going to bargain price it for 2 days, then I'm sending my batch of books to CGC.

$275 plus exact shipping.

haunted%20thrills%206_0001.jpg

haunted%20thrills%206_0002.jpg

Click for larger pictures

th_2016-02-28%2012.53.30.jpg

th_2016-02-28%2012.54.22.jpg

th_2016-02-28%2012.55.09.jpg

I was going through some drawers with books I had not looked at for a while and trying to pull some out for CGC. When I looked this one up, I saw a 4.0 sold for $500 in 2/14. In full disclosure, I see there is a fair/good listed on eBay for $49 and a 2.5 (cgc) for $300 from MCS.

I know nothing about Horror books and I thought I'd have this one slabbed, when a friend of mine who is a Horror collector said "WAIT, lots of horror collectors prefer raw books so they can look at them".

I like it when people look inside books, lol...so...here it is.

My guess is it's in the 4.0 range, could go from a 3.5 to a 4.5. As you can see there is a small chip upper right and a 1" spine split top, smaller split (about 1/4") on the bottom. Nothing I see seems to be brittle. The book has a sun shadow on the back and it's never been pressed. None of my raw books have been pressed (that I know of).

I'm going to bargain price it for 2 days, then I'm sending my batch of books to CGC.

$275 plus exact shipping.

haunted%20thrills%206_0001.jpg

haunted%20thrills%206_0002.jpg

Click for larger pictures

th_2016-02-28%2012.53.30.jpg

th_2016-02-28%2012.54.22.jpg

th_2016-02-28%2012.55.09.jpg

:takeit: