• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Panels of Original Art in Your Collection

117 posts in this topic

Some panels from a page of the (British) DAN DARE story, "The Ship That Lived" by Frank Hampson (April 4, 1958).

Hampson illustrated the page at same size as the printed page, so the original art panels are actually quite small. Beautifully coloured with lots of fine detail crammed into such small spaces.

The whole page can be seen in my CAF Gallery (Covers Gallery # 2) if you want to click onto the link to my CAF at the bottom of this post.

dare1.jpg

OA panel size is 5" x 5.5"

dare2.jpg

OA panel size is just under 3" x 2"

dare3.jpg

OA panel size is about 3.5" x 3"

dare4.jpg

OA panel size is about 3" x 3"

Excuse the fuzzy picture, but one of my favorite panels.

Maybe I will remove the art from its frame and scan a clearer pic.

With a few deft brush strokes Ditko creates a somber image of Pete sitting in his bedroom and reflecting on the day's events. Ditko was a master of mood.

asm13panel_smaller_zpseip7og16.jpg

I don't want to spend the time cropping this image but the bottom middle panel "Unorthodox... Economic... Revenge" has always been a favorite of mine. Although the following panels "Hssss" also cracks me up. I love the way Dave does his word balloons. But the rain is so well drawn you can almost feel wet when reading it.

C31_14.jpg

Great thread, its weird how often there is a single panel that makes a page but still most of these great artists make that panel connect with others on the page.

Here are some of my faves

Michael Golden: the Nam, issue 1 - first firefight , just an intense panel

Golden%20Nam%20_zpsjhmlgdop.jpg

Walking Dead issue 46 - Tyrese best killed - suddenly its Game of Thrones - no one is safe ! A major character dying. WTF!!!

Tyrese%20gets%20chopped_zpsgkqprb9e.jpg

Marvel Comics Presents: Sam Kieth : Wolverine - Nuff Said ; one of three slashing images on the page , but focusing on this I never realized how much his abdomen looks like a mouth!!!

Wolverine%20Kieth%20Panel%20_zpsnpny2ie4.jpg

Infinity Gauntlet - Perez - Issue 1 - Such great image of Thanos

Thanos_zpsjylfl0pg.jpg

(how fun is Photobucket suggesting i just this image for Holiday Cards ! - I know a few people Iwould love to send a little Thanos to)

whats fun with this as well is all the other panels are floating on this one..Thanos is in the background...he is coming!

full page

image_zpsm8ko9hoc.jpeg

I don't want to spend the time cropping this image but the bottom middle panel "Unorthodox... Economic... Revenge" has always been a favorite of mine. Although the following panels "Hssss" also cracks me up. I love the way Dave does his word balloons. But the rain is so well drawn you can almost feel wet when reading it.

C31_14.jpg

that's awesome :whee: