• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to Supapimp for excellent pricing advice!
1 1

87 posts in this topic

Well, I have to give credit when credit was due! When I initially deciding what would be a good price to sell my Amazing Spider-man 101 CGC 9.8 at, I was stumped due to the lack of any significant sales of this book. I referred to CBG's CGC multiplyer and noticed that CGC 9.8s sold at a median price of 15 times CBG's price guide. Applying this to Overstreet, I came up with $2,675. I was wondering if this was reasonable. So....when Comiclink offered to buy the book directly and asked for my selling price, I went to Supa because he is a greedy S.O.B. but more with it with respect to rarer books. He based the $4,500 price because a CGC 9.8 number 98 sold for just under $4,000 on Comiclink. When I quoted this price to Comiclink, just let me say that he was shocked and did not buy it outright. So...I decided to list it at that price on Comiclink. I was expecting some offers on the book but 2 days after it was listed, I just received an EMAIL stating that someone is willing to buy it at my asking price. So Supa made me extra dinero with his advice. Thanks buddy! wink.gif

P.S. Murph0, I guess it is "worth" more than the $2,000 that you quoted! tongue.gif

Don't worry, Supa will be taken care of one way or the other. Don't know if either or both of my copies will come back 9.4 or better. We'll just have to see! tongue.gif

I spoke with Josh this afternoon and knew the book had sold for that much even before old greggy did! Well sold greggy - excellenty posted! Don't tell ComicInv. though - we will get a lenghty discussion about the fool that paid that for it and the ethics of selling the book at that price!

In 5-10 years you may be on here complaining about sellng this, as the hardcore CGC 9.8 ASM collectors go into a bidding frenzy and the book clocks in at $30K.

I'll never offer any derogatory remarks towards someone paying top dollar for an older, key, ultra-high-grade comic. Those are all the ingredients of future growth.

Oh, I don't care how much that book sells 5-10 years from now. As long as the current buyer doesn't make as much money as I did! smirk.gif And think that I might get $1,000 + for the book when I repurchased it from my friend at guide. I bought it initially in the early 1990s for $30 and sold it for $125 to my friend after Morbius' popularity decreased! I would feel guilty by making so much money but I told my friend that I was going to get that book graded. Damn, I wish I could repurchase the ultra high grade Iron Man 55 I sold on eBay in 1998. frown.gif

Well I have these dealer friends tongue.gif who were Vampire freaks back in the 70s tongue.gif with about 3 (maybe 6, yeah that;s the ticket... tongue.gif) longboxes of hi grade ASM 101, sitting on the first app of Morbius, because they are waiting for their Master to return to the land of the living and call on them tongue.gif ...there will be more 9.8s of this book guaranteed and it is foolish for anyone to drop this amount of $$$ on this speculation fodder and greggy has sold his soul to the devil to sell at that price....that's all I gotta say about that wink.gif

Yeah Darth, that fool should have put his $4500 into two CGC 10.0 Origins right?

I want everyone to equate it in those terms: a one-of-a-kind (at this point) Silver Age key in CGC 9.8 condition, compared to two 10.0 off-the-shelf Modern copies of a book that's already tanking bad in both demand and price.

I have to hit the hay; that comparison is giving me a headache.