• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to Supapimp for excellent pricing advice!
1 1

87 posts in this topic

Just one question, what the hell is a "favour"? (shrug)

The incorrect spelling of favor. Unless you live where it's "above" us.

I think you mean the correct spelling :juggle: you crazy americans and your "drop the u" spellings :screwy::baiting:

if i had a kid, he'd be 8 now, this thread is old. :preach:

...he would also have two heads and 17 fingers as a result of all the weed you smoke,... hm

...he would also have two heads and 17 fingers as a result of all the weed you smoke,... hm

it looks like you're still smoking with that re-donk-u-lous post. :screwy:

it looks like you're still smoking with that re-donk-u-lous post. :screwy:

...sadly no,..I'm a pharmacy technician now,...always subject to testing,...

You spell it incorrectly

I think you mean the correct spelling :juggle: you crazy americans and your "drop the u" spellings :screwy::baiting:

FU just isn't the same without the U :cool:

Don't worry about it.

It's only understood by those who don't get frightened by too many letters in their words. (thumbs u

(worship)

On 9/26/2002 at 7:43 PM, comicinvestor-migration said:

In 5-10 years you may be on here complaining about sellng this, as the hardcore CGC 9.8 ASM collectors go into a bidding frenzy and the book clocks in at $30K.

I'll never offer any derogatory remarks towards someone paying top dollar for an older, key, ultra-high-grade comic. Those are all the ingredients of future growth.

J_C :cloud9:

What’s the current GPA of this book?hm

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

J_C :cloud9:

What’s the current GPA of this book?hm

Any chance we know what specific book Greggy had?  Anyone have an old image on the forum or a serial number that was mentioned? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 6.01.11 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/26/2002 at 2:46 PM, greggy said:

Well, I have to give credit when credit was due! When I initially deciding what would be a good price to sell my Amazing Spider-man 101 CGC 9.8 at, I was stumped due to the lack of any significant sales of this book. I referred to CBG's CGC multiplyer and noticed that CGC 9.8s sold at a median price of 15 times CBG's price guide. Applying this to Overstreet, I came up with $2,675. I was wondering if this was reasonable. So....when Comiclink offered to buy the book directly and asked for my selling price, I went to Supa because he is a greedy S.O.B. but more with it with respect to rarer books. He based the $4,500 price because a CGC 9.8 number 98 sold for just under $4,000 on Comiclink. When I quoted this price to Comiclink, just let me say that he was shocked and did not buy it outright. So...I decided to list it at that price on Comiclink. I was expecting some offers on the book but 2 days after it was listed, I just received an EMAIL stating that someone is willing to buy it at my asking price. So Supa made me extra dinero with his advice. Thanks buddy! wink.gif

P.S. Murph0, I guess it is "worth" more than the $2,000 that you quoted! tongue.gif

On 9/26/2002 at 6:50 PM, greggy said:

Oh, I don't care how much that book sells 5-10 years from now. As long as the current buyer doesn't make as much money as I did! smirk.gif And think that I might get $1,000 + for the book when I repurchased it from my friend at guide. I bought it initially in the early 1990s for $30 and sold it for $125 to my friend after Morbius' popularity decreased! I would feel guilty by making so much money but I told my friend that I was going to get that book graded. Damn, I wish I could repurchase the ultra high grade Iron Man 55 I sold on eBay in 1998. frown.gif

Who in the flying f**k typed all of these words for you???

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

So this thread is Genesis, in the Old Testament and Gospel of Greggy?   (worship)   

It's not his first post... but it is his first thread.

As you have said though... this is Genesis... this is an artifact in what once were actual phrases and words ... to what we now know today as... 1749696694_ScreenShot2020-04-03at7_01_25PM.png.e54bd44fe315b3c976e8ef9301d179ce.png