• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to Supapimp for excellent pricing advice!
1 1

87 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2002 at 8:40 PM, comicinvestor-migration said:

Yeah Darth, that fool should have put his $4500 into two CGC 10.0 Origins right?

I want everyone to equate it in those terms: a one-of-a-kind (at this point) Silver Age key in CGC 9.8 condition, compared to two 10.0 off-the-shelf Modern copies of a book that's already tanking bad in both demand and price.

I have to hit the hay; that comparison is giving me a headache.

Last GPA:

ASM 101 9.8: 9201
Origin 1 10.0: 785

Anybody know what ever happened to Supa?  Haven’t spoke to him forever.  He used to be on FB (years ago), but I haven’t seen him there in years.

Also, Donut, do you ever talk to Darth?  I know he’s still in the NoVa area, but I haven’t talked to him in ages either.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, chrisco37 said:

Anybody know what ever happened to Supa?  Haven’t spoke to him forever.  He used to be on FB (years ago), but I haven’t seen him there in years.

Also, Donut, do you ever talk to Darth?  I know he’s still in the NoVa area, but I haven’t talked to him in ages either.

He actually called me today after a couple of years of not hearing from him. I told him about this thread, and he got a kick out of it. He still lives in the Bay area and is still buying books. He actually recently made a couple of purchases from the Blazing One. He did ask about Burntboy, and I told him that he hasn't posted in forever. Hopefully he's doing well. :wishluck:

On 9/26/2002 at 12:46 PM, greggy said:

Well, I have to give credit when credit was due! When I initially deciding what would be a good price to sell my Amazing Spider-man 101 CGC 9.8 at, I was stumped due to the lack of any significant sales of this book. I referred to CBG's CGC multiplyer and noticed that CGC 9.8s sold at a median price of 15 times CBG's price guide. Applying this to Overstreet, I came up with $2,675. I was wondering if this was reasonable. So....when Comiclink offered to buy the book directly and asked for my selling price, I went to Supa because he is a greedy S.O.B. but more with it with respect to rarer books. He based the $4,500 price because a CGC 9.8 number 98 sold for just under $4,000 on Comiclink. When I quoted this price to Comiclink, just let me say that he was shocked and did not buy it outright. So...I decided to list it at that price on Comiclink. I was expecting some offers on the book but 2 days after it was listed, I just received an EMAIL stating that someone is willing to buy it at my asking price. So Supa made me extra dinero with his advice. Thanks buddy! wink.gif

P.S. Murph0, I guess it is "worth" more than the $2,000 that you quoted! tongue.gif

AWESOME!