• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CGC 8.0...ONLY KNOWN DOUBLE COVER GRADED FOR SALE.

198 posts in this topic

It seems that u guys can constantly want to keep bashing people but facts are facts. EVEN if u pay your taxes from work, but dont pay taxes on your sales of comics or whatever else u may sell, your still doing tax evasion...plain and simple. You dont like the truth, not my problem but facts are facts...and thx bob for a smooth transaction. Yes i could have done better research to post on here but internet bully's really make me laugh

• With any conflict, it's always better to de-escalate the situation rather than fan the flames.

• Technically you're right about tax evasion. However, there is a big difference between taking a pen from work versus walking out of the store with an iPhone. For what little profits I make selling books on eBay, it's not worth the extra paper work. Even the government recognizes this, which is why they don't legally pursue every garage sale.

• Comics for many of us is a hobby. It's not our my occupation. The intent is to have fun, not make a living from it. As far as I know, those who are in it full time do pay taxes. Admittedly, it's a grey area but “intent” is the operative word here.

• To post your phone number and state that you don't pay taxes “because they (the banks?) don't deserve it on a public forum seems kinda silly to me.

• It's not that you're being bullied, but people here operate on a spirit of trust. When stories don't jive, they will flush you out. Admittedly, communicating via text is a skill that not everyone possesses. But logic, consistency and train of thought goes a long way.

Congrats on the sale! You're on your way to building up some cred. If you choose to stay, take advantage of it.

Deslabbed for verification and review

Press re-slab in this beauty's future?

Congrats on making a sale despite all efforts and to Bob's perseverance.

By the way....for those of us who don't visit the sales threads on a regular basis...or at all...there really needs to be a bat-signal in Comics General.

Is that too much to ask...?

PS. Ninod77...paragraph breaks are AWESOME, and make what you have to say so much easier to read.

:D

Deslabbed for verification and review

Press re-slab in this beauty's future?

Just for the record, the pic I showed of fanning the two covers was taken by Nino before he submitted the book. The book is still in the slab and I have no intention of resubbing. From what I can ascertain from the outer cover, the book was accurately graded. There is a little stain from some staple oxidation, which will always be hammered by CGC.

I want to take a minute to apologize to everyone here. Im new obviously and i should have researched more on how to list before doing it. Bob was willing to look past my mistake and met me and it was a perfect transaction. I do wish to sell more on here in the future when i get books in lots i buy that i dont collect and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I promise in the future in wont be listed as bad but like anyone else, i do make mistakes and own up to them so again, to everyone on here, my sincere apologies.

Welcome to the boards Nino, and congratulations on your sale (thumbs u

We're all human, we've all made mistakes at one point or another. I can imagine that it must have been a bit overwhelming having so many people question your first post.

It just takes a little time, but this really is a great community for comic collectors, and I'm sure you'll meet some pretty awesome people around these parts.

If you really want to sell more here you are going to have to seriously consider getting paypal. You will most likely not get so lucky next time with someone being close to you and the chances of people sending you large amounts of money they can't get back are probably not great. Just my 2 cents.

I want to take a minute to apologize to everyone here. Im new obviously and i should have researched more on how to list before doing it. Bob was willing to look past my mistake and met me and it was a perfect transaction. I do wish to sell more on here in the future when i get books in lots i buy that i dont collect and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I promise in the future in wont be listed as bad but like anyone else, i do make mistakes and own up to them so again, to everyone on here, my sincere apologies.

thwelcome20.gif

Good man. (thumbs u

From talking with Nino today, I can say he is a collector but only of certain titles and genres. Like many of us, he seeks out collections, and only keeps the titles he is interested in. The Avengers 57 was only offered because Nino does not collect Avengers. Had the double cover been an ASM or X-Men, I doubt if it would have been offered. I think Nino will have some good books to offer in the near future and I think it will behoove the Boards to allow him to sell some here. If not, I'll get them all first ! lol.

Why does it frighten u? Seriously, i thought this attacking me thing was done....

The one thing about the board you will have to get used to is the ribbing. It's not necessarily attacking ,as people like to joke and bust balls here. Most of it is in good fun.