• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All New Wolverine

16 posts in this topic

I'm curious as to what it means for Laura Kinney in the All New Wolverine #1. Is this a first appearance of sorts, like a "Laura Kinney becomes Wolverine" note that will be added in the notes of a graded copy.

I ask because I think back on the first appearances of Yuriko Oyama was Daredevil 197 noted as "first appearance", and her Lady Deathstrike appearance is Alpha Flight 33 noted as "Yuriko Oyama becomes Lady Deathstrike".

It might say "1st Appearance of Laurey Kinney in Wolverine Costume" as with Tim Drake in Batman 442. Of course that books not nearly valued as highly as 1st Appearance of Tim Drake.

I don't know how much a CGC note will ultimately effect the value of a book though, its more the consensus of the collector population. For example if Blue Bird takes off in a big way in the future, everyone's going to know new 52 #7 is first Harper Row and #28 is first Blue Bird, even if its on very few of the labels.

Perfect example, I don't think they put "1st Old Man Logan" on Wolvie 66, but we all know how hot that book is getting. Sure I'd like for it to say that on my slab if I had one, but its still the accepted first appearance of Logan/OML.

I don't think CGC has ever noted the "first appearance " of an older version of an already existing character on a label, nor should they since there is nothing signicant about that.

Wolverine 66 is "Part One" of a storyline that may be adapted into a movie, that's why it is being speculated on right now.

-J.

I don't think CGC has ever noted the "first appearance " of an older version of an already existing character on a label, nor should they since there is nothing signicant about that.

Wolverine 66 is "Part One" of a storyline that may be adapted into a movie, that's why it is being speculated on right now.

-J.

I think you're right, other than the obvious Avengers 4 (1st Silver Age App. of Captain America)

Valid point about why a label should not say "1st appearance" of an older version of an existing character. The statement about "there is nothing significant about it" is a major understatement. Any development in an existing character that has a "significant" effect on the continuing story line or character is certainly significant. Unless your one of "those people" that say "variant covers are keys" lol

CGC notes have been updated. I just noticed on some ebay items, All New Wolverine #1 notes: "1st Laura Kinney as new Wolverine" also notes which variant the cover is.

Any one heard the rumors that X-23 will be in the Wolverine 3 film?

That's hilarious, considering the Marquez Variant Point One #1 came out almost a month Prior and has her on the cover, in the Wolverine outfit.

C'mon CGC.......Is this going to be a "Cover Appearance, Pre-Dates XXX" scenario again?

CGC notes have been updated. I just noticed on some ebay items, All New Wolverine #1 notes: "1st Laura Kinney as new Wolverine" also notes which variant the cover is.

That's hilarious, considering the Marquez Variant Point One #1 came out almost a month Prior and has her on the cover, in the Wolverine outfit.

C'mon CGC.......Is this going to be a "Cover Appearance, Pre-Dates XXX" scenario again?

So that's what the new empty back label is for - all the fine print with nuanced explanations.

:grin:

There is precedence. Dime Press #4 (Hellboy appearance on cover) has the description of "Hellboy cover pre-dates first U.S. appearance". And there's the Kamala Khan, Captain Marvel #17 cover description.

Why not predicate it? A lot of people don't care about a 1st cover, especially on a variant cover.

-Terry

Did she not put the costume on in the Wolverines series? I never finished it, but I believe that is when she got the costume.

Laura did not put on the costume that she excepted from Fantomelle in the Wolverines series.

Thank you.