• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Not impressed.  

1 hour ago, Chip Cataldo said:

From that clip the CGI looks bad. 

Are we watching the same thing?  It's a grainy 8 second clip.  It's exactly what I expected from a grainy 8 second clip.  I'm more excited than disappointed (again, from a grainy 8 second cliplol).

4 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Exciting trailer until the end. Not liking the face at first look.

Yea I'm not liking the face either, but I can't place why I feel that way.  Looks very similar to Venom in Spidey 3, and he certainly looks like Venom from the comics.

Maybe you just can't make the classic McFarlane Venom design look good within a realistic context.  (shrug) 

Ok - now we are getting somewhere.  The 1st trailer left me thinking this movie had no chance at being good.  This actually looks scary and in line with what I think of when I envision a Venom movie.  Now throw in Spiderman for a bit and you have a hit.  I do agree Venom looks a little plastic but not enough to make me hate it.  Very big jump forward compared to the first one.