• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea I'm not liking the face either, but I can't place why I feel that way.  Looks very similar to Venom in Spidey 3, and he certainly looks like Venom from the comics.

Maybe you just can't make the classic McFarlane Venom design look good within a realistic context.  (shrug) 

For me, ASM 316 cover is how I wanted Venom to look. I can get over the giant tongue look but I think the eyes bother me the most from the trailer.

They could always change the look as the movies progress like they do every other super-hero. I'm happy though they didn't butcher the look like they did Apocalypse.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

venom-poster-released-1104463.jpeg

Now that is a great looking movie poster(thumbsu.

- The Venom voice is perfect.  Reminds me of the Saturday morning cartoon (sweet childhood memories).

- Tom Hardy's acting when he's talking to himself and the way he was walking...actually convinced me he was going crazy

- The potential for an R-rating (dark and gritty enough to pull it off)

- Venom needs some CGI fixes but a couple of tweaks and he'll be perfect (as someone commented...looks plastic...especially the lighting on the eyes)

- "We are Venom"...heck yeah!

Dislikes:

- How the lady pronounces "symbiote" (that is annoying)

- How Venom looks (putting this in the like and dislike category)...they still have time to fix the texture and lighting of the CGI.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Dislikes:

- How the lady pronounces "symbiote" (that is annoying)

- How Venom looks (putting this in the like and dislike category)...they still have time to fix the texture and lighting of the CGI.

Seconded.  Sim-by-oat?  No.  Just no.  Go shop at Sur la Ta-bleh and get out of this movie.

As for Venom's look - the teeth keep bugging me.  They just look...plastic I guess?  The poster is where its at.

all i could thin of when i saw the most recent trailer is the Erik Larsen Venom..Too shiny and maybe not tall/wide enough? Agree that the eyes are too thin...but still months to correct, so we shall see. IF they somehow get Spidey in at the end, it might prove to be a winner (or other hero/villain cameos). 

I kind of like how Eddie was arguing/talking with himself down the street and during the fight with the three guys in his apartment. At the 10 second mark is that an alien ship or the ship that was ripped in half during Spider-Man Homecoming? I know we see the Golden Gate Bridge but maybe the canister is retrieved in NY and then taken to California? Maybe to link the movies? Ehh, who knows. I look forward to watching it.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

This looks horrible. 

Hopefully it's bad enough to keep the character out of any future Spidey movies. :wishluck:

Is it weird that I knew almost exactly what your opinion was going to be as soon as I saw your name posted to the thread?   lol

-J.

My only issue and since we do not know the whole story this may change BUT Venom is not Venom to me unless there is a Spiderman connection.  Somehow Peter Parker needs to be involved or will never be a complete Venom movie to me. Will still see it ofcourse as a huge Venom fan , they could have messed  with anything else . the look, tongue , his voice I would be ok i guess but again take out the spiderman element and its just not Venom . And before I forget the horrible way she said Symbiote . Ugg.