• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am thinking a modest hit also. It should do over a 100 million its first weekend. I am kinda of putting this movie in the upcoming Aquaman movie, Predator reboot, and Halloween reboot category. They should all do well enough for a sequel, but  nobody should be expecting Black Panther or Avengers Infinity War numbers. Not even Deadpool 2 numbers.

:preach:

The trouble with Aquaman,

...is that technically, he was a "fish-out-of-water" in the "Justice League."

That's how audiences will always see him now, always ripping on Batman or the Flash. The one that doesn't want to be a team player, but reluctantly does for the greater good (Han Solo.)

Where does that leave him in his solo movie, to remind the audiences of his identity. I doubt there will be no Justice Leaguers in extended cameos in there for him to play off of.

This will be just a straight-up action picture of probably hundreds upon hundreds of CG fish-baddies, that his kingdom will defeat. ZZZZzzzzzzz

That's what "Black Panther" did right  this spring, by putting faces of most of the bad guys in the final 2nd unit shot.

Without seeing a trailer, I do believe Aquaman will be sleeping with the fishes, based on DC's previous outings.

Granted, Wonder Woman expanded her role in her solo outing after the horrid "Batman vs Superman."  But, I feel the filmmakers aren't really interested in that if the budget is so high.

10 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

agreed.

Worldwide?  Really depends if the rest of the world would like to see a cool alien super hero movie.  100 million seems pretty steep but I think it will do will considering it doesn't look like a 100 million dollar movie to make.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

No way this movie does $100 million its first weekend. 

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

agreed.

Agree...but that answer might change after I see the next trailer tomorrow(?).

$70M - $80M would be pretty impressive also.  Make up the cost of production in one weekend:banana:

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Worldwide?  Really depends if the rest of the world would like to see a cool alien super hero movie.  100 million seems pretty steep but I think it will do will considering it doesn't look like a 100 million dollar movie to make.

To clarify I am talking worldwide. It will be close.

:preach:

19 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

It's been seen.  NOT the trailer...but a description of the trailer.  Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled before seeing the actual trailer:

Riz Ahmed's symbiote was already revealed & plays a major part in the second trailer. It's one of the villains from planet of the symbiotes