• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

I would love for this one to be a gem but based on the trailers I will have to call this a hit for teen age boys and a dud for everyone else.  But lets be honest - if the movie is a hit for teen boys and gets the usual comic book crowd then it will do ok.  The question is how bad a movie will it have to be for a second movie to be scrapped?  As long as a second trailer is forthcoming then I don't see the venom books completely taking a crash.  Heck even if its a 40 RT score minor hit won't it generate quite a few new Venom collectors in the mix?  or has the market adjusted prices upward in the hopes of a modest hit and anything else will bring prices back down?

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I would love for this one to be a gem but based on the trailers I will have to call this a hit for teen age boys and a dud for everyone else.  But lets be honest - if the movie is a hit for teen boys and gets the usual comic book crowd then it will do ok.  The question is how bad a movie will it have to be for a second movie to be scrapped?  As long as a second trailer is forthcoming then I don't see the venom books completely taking a crash.  Heck even if its a 40 RT score minor hit won't it generate quite a few new Venom collectors in the mix?  or has the market adjusted prices upward in the hopes of a modest hit and anything else will bring prices back down?

:roflmao:It's projected to be the biggest film of the Fall and one of (if not "the") highest grossing first weekend takes for October releases, ever. 

Why do you think Sony has already green lit two sequels ?

-J.

11 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

:roflmao:It's projected to be the biggest film of the Fall and one of (if not "the") highest grossing first weekend takes for October releases, ever. 

Why do you think Sony has already green lit two sequels ?

-J.

I'm rooting for it to exceed expectations but based on what I've seen I just can't see it being a hit for anyone other then teen boys and my guess would be a 40 RT with a luke warm opening weekend.  Hope I'm wrong.

Oh my LORD, now THAT shows the Venom I always loved.  :applause:  I don't much care if reviewers or most people like this or not--I've seen general skepticism over the concept of Venom my entire life even within the hobby so it's nothing new to me--but the idea of getting awesome, unique action shots like that is all I needed to get me hyped for this.  :popcorn:

37 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Oh my LORD, now THAT shows the Venom I always loved.  :applause:  I don't much care if reviewers or most people like this or not--I've seen general skepticism over the concept of Venom my entire life even within the hobby so it's nothing new to me--but the idea of getting awesome, unique action shots like that is all I needed to get me hyped for this.  :popcorn:

+1

If all you can say is something stupid and negative after watching that, then you are obviously not a fan, are just a perpetual hater, and really, what's the point of even posting in the thread.  As a fan, I'm seeing everything I would hope for in a Venom flick, and just cannot wait until next Friday. :headbang:

-J.

15 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

+1

If all you can say is something stupid and negative after watching that, then you are obviously not a fan, are just a perpetual hater, and really, what's the point of even posting in the thread.  As a fan, I'm seeing everything I would hope for in a Venom flick, and just cannot wait until next Friday. :headbang:

-J.

You've been jerking Venom off all topic. You're far from an impartial and objective contributor.

27 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Did Brock say "mask" and venom say "coffee" when he transitioned? (shrug)

I think the response was "copy"', speaking of that...

doh!  http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/26/tom-hardy-conor-mcgregor-venom/

This is likely the worst in a string of disappointing superhero movies....Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, Captain Marvel etc..   even Avengers 4 won't be as good as Infinity War.  :popcorn:

40 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I think the response was "copy"', speaking of that...

doh!  http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/26/tom-hardy-conor-mcgregor-venom/

This is likely the worst in a string of disappointing superhero movies....Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, Captain Marvel etc..   even Avengers 4 won't be as good as Infinity War.  :popcorn:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This is a large task, but it's directed by the same guys, and if it's a true finale to Phases 1 thru 3, as Feige suggests, it could very well be another masterpiece in the same vain as Infinity War is.

As Ant-Man and the Wasp was a bit of a refreshing comedy after Avengers 3, I think that Captain Marvel will be another good refresher for hype, prior to Avengers 4. It'll play on the nostalgia of SHIELD/Fury/Coulson and obviously expand on why Carol Danvers is the SOS for Earth.

It would be foolish to compare films like Aquaman and Venom to a film that was 10 years in the making. Aquaman will probably be like Thor. Venom is just going to be weird. I don't even know what to expect because it is not within the MCU/Spiderverse.

Saying Avengers 4 won't be as good as Infinity War doesn't mean I'm lumping it in with the other movies.  I have high hopes for that one but replacing all the A-listers snapped away by bringing in Ms Marvel, Antman/Wasp, Hawkeye and more "Shield stuff" just lowered my expectations more. :cry:   

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Saying Avengers 4 won't be as good as Infinity War doesn't mean I'm lumping it in with the other movies.  I have high hopes for that one but replacing all the A-listers snapped away by bringing in Ms Marvel, Antman/Wasp, Hawkeye and more "Shield stuff" just lowered my expectations more. :cry:   

Oh, well, the "even" continuation of your sentence implies that all movies are being compared to A4. Moving on...

(shrug)

Edited by TwoPiece
Added emoji.