• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Can Feige really also make sure that Fantastic Four and X-Men do well?  What about all of the other future spin-offs?

Yes. :grin:

Idk. I've said before that I am very, very, interested in seeing the MCU develop past Phase 3. I don't know how Feige and Marvel Studios intend on keeping me intrigued and wanting more.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:
8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Can Feige really also make sure that Fantastic Four and X-Men do well?  What about all of the other future spin-offs?

Yes. :grin:

168 hours in a week, right?  He's probably working 70 to 90 now, so he needs to hire an assistant with a bull-whip to get him going on 100+ hour weeks.  pixel_whip_v1.gif

The TV universe is my main sour point.  I want consistently good Daredevil to watch, and while season 1 was sublime and season 2 was OK, I have no idea what I'm getting with Perlmutter's bunch.  I want the Feige magic on that side of the fence!!!  :baiting:

Oddly this is the one area where DC is doing better than Marvel.  I haven't looked closely enough at the structure of the DC television universe yet to understand what they're doing right.  No real gems, but also no duds like we're frequently getting on the film side.

Edited by fantastic_four

36 minutes ago, valiantman said:
40 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
50 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Pretty much everything I know about England comes from "Are You Being Served?" reruns. :whistle:

Everything I know about England, I learned from Top Gear.

I feel like Are You Being Served? is a more accurate portrayal.  How does a British guy riding in foreign cars teach you anything about England?  You should be listening to Mr. Humphries tell a customer his sport coat sleeves will ride up with wear.

Everything I know about England I know from watching GBBO this year.  A friend of my sister is on the show!

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I still have very little opinion about the dissolution of the Committee other than I don't fully understand the politics between Marvel Studios and Marvel proper, and certainly Feige himself has proven to be doing better without them than with them.

Wait, maybe we do know enough about the politics.  Perlmutter formed the committee knowing he doesn't know jack about creating a good superhero movie, which is a better idea than DC has ever had aside from unsuccessfully trying Geoff Johns out as their potential Kevin Feige.  But it's not as good as what Feige has done, and he knew it, so he convinced Disney to dissolve the committee and separate himself entirely from Perlmutter and his guys.  The dissolution of the Creative Committee was probably as simple as being all about Perlmutter.  All of the members report to him, not Feige.

There are probably multiple fixes, but the first one that should yield the highest quality result that hops to mind is to get Perlmutter out as the head of Marvel and let Feige pick a replacement.  There shouldn't be this hard split between the Marvel Comics universe, the Marvel television universe, and the Marvel film universe.  There's exactly one reason for that split--Ike Perlmutter and Kevin Feige not working well together.  Feige is untouchable, so get rid of Perlmutter.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Most of the people who were in the cinema really enjoyed the movie and Venom has a funny side to him

This is what I’m hoping for. A fun movie that is funny and exciting...don’t care if it is academy award worthy. 

Some good reviewed movies I have hated lately anyway (last Jedi and Wonder Woman) 

Just got back.

Good stuff
Venom Inner Voice with Eddie was great made the movie. 
Great special effects till the final fight.
Love the symbiotes talking to their host.
Venom's appearance grew on me over time.
Great humor parts in the movie
Tom Hardy is very good I think as Eddie Brock

Bad Stuff
Michele Williams was a bad fit I thought
It took too long to get to Venom in the movie I thought
I thought it was the wrong choice not to somehow tie in Spider-man.
The choose the Spider-man Adventures origin which might have been their only choice.
I would have liked to see some webbing somewhere.
The last end credit was ridiculously long.

Overall its not a bad movie, but Sony just fails to understand how Marvel does it right. 
It wasn't a home run or a stikeout more like a single or double. Some things worked while others didn't.

18 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I feel pretty certain Amy Pascal didn't give Venom to Marvel Studios as some sort of a lame contract/pricing negotiation thing.  Nice job, you made the Superhero Hall of Shame by squeezing out a turd in the bottom 10% of critically reviewed superhero films.  :golfclap: :makepoint:

OK, I'm done ranting.  Despite my tirade over the last few posts I'm actually still looking forward to seeing this despite Sony's repeated incompetence with Spider-Man.  :angel:

Amen.

Saw the movies last night - to sum it up it's a movie that fans of the property might enjoy - but won't be looked upon too favorably by those unfamiliar with it.  Hardy had said his favorite 40 minutes were cut and it does seem like there's a lot missing.  Not quite as bad as the Bay Transformers, but not much better either.  I had no idea Hardy voiced Venom as well and I have to say he did a great job with it.

Why is Venom around 8 feet tall?  How is he supposed to be stretching Brock's body like that?  In the comic Brock was 6' 3" and 250 pounds so he was naturally big, but it seems they've decided to make him Hulk-big in this film.

VCM2150_comp_v0089.jpg?crop=900:600&widt

Edited by fantastic_four

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why is Venom around 8 feet tall?  How is he supposed to be stretching Brock's body like that?  In the comic Brock was 6' 3" and 250 pounds so he was naturally big, but it seems they've decided to make him Hulk-big in this film.

VCM2150_comp_v0089.jpg?crop=900:600&widt

Dranzer.

18 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Everything I know about England I know from watching GBBO this year.  A friend of my sister is on the show!

I suppose that could be valid if everything about England involves a tent set up in a meadow and filled with ovens and rolling pins.  Feels like that might be a little off, though. hm