• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2018 at 8:08 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Also, if one wanted to be negative, could just point out that A Star is Born made more than Venom on Thursday, having caught up from making just over half of Venom's take last weekend.

I still think we're looking at its topping out at $180 million domestic and would bet against a $500 million total.

Sure - it might repeat at number one again this weekend, but Halloween will crush it next weekend (same demographic, plus the return of Jaime Lee Curtis).

Logan this ain't.

Looks like you were right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/14/box-office-venom-tom-hardy-michelle-williams-spiderman-logan/amp/

...but not in the way you thought you'd be.  Lol

-J.

4 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

hopefully Spider-man would be in Venom 2 fighting Carnage which I don't really care for.

I don't think that'll be likely. Just my guess but If they do decide to include Spidey it'll probably be in a part 3 or whatever Sony decides is the finale in this series. The next one will be about Harrelson imo. It'll be interesting to see how he and Hardy's characters interact. Two great actors! Can't wait!

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Yes please, Spidey helping Venom (still the lead) against Carnage.

That would provide the differentiation from Venom 1.

Venom 1... already a nice ring to it.

I would rather see Venom 2 focused on Carnage vs. Venom, with Carnage starting to beat up on Venom and then Spidey swinging in at the end asking Venom if he needs a hand and then cutting out and saving the Spidey/Venom vs Carnage story for Venom 3.

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

I would rather see Venom 2 focused on Carnage vs. Venom, with Carnage starting to beat up on Venom and then Spidey swinging in at the end asking Venom if he needs a hand and then cutting out and saving the Spidey/Venom vs Carnage story for Venom 3.

Could work as long as we get some other chars in the mix!  Maximum Carnage good guys and baddies, etc.

17 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:
18 hours ago, kimik said:

Could work as long as we get some other chars in the mix!  Maximum Carnage good guys and baddies, etc.

Is there somewhere we can bet on the name of the sequel?  Can we just bet here on the boards?

'Venom: Maximum Carnage' is a lock right?

2 minutes ago, paperheart said:
6 minutes ago, revat said:

Is there somewhere we can bet on the name of the sequel?  Can we just bet here on the boards?

Venom: Marvel Ain't Letting Spidey Near This

Venom 2: IP Wars

1 hour ago, revat said:

That might be tooooooooo obvious.

If I was a betting man, which I am LOL, I'd go with Venom: Savage Genesis.

17 hours ago, revat said:
17 hours ago, paperheart said:
17 hours ago, revat said:

Venom: Marvel Ain't Letting Spidey Near This

Venom 2: IP Wars

Venom 2: Gone With The Turd In The Wind

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'd go with Venom: Savage Genesis.

Ref.png.faa0fc04c6a65e474bdb88530f64dbc7.png

Sounds like a good name for a Phil Collins cover band

I avoided it due to the critic's reviews but that appears to be a bad choice,  me placing faith in the wrong crowd it seems. I keep hearing this movie is fun and engaging so gonna go see it this weekend. It appears the current batch of paid opinion-hawkers seem to be more and more out of step with the buying public.