• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

FWIW, the phenomenal Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman is Rated-R...

I like Venom, and the symbiote himself was pretty good/okay in this movie, but not good enough for me to enjoy it more than the crappy (theatrical) version of BvS. I think we just disagree here.

Definitely possible, I don’t think either of them are outstanding I wouldn’t  argue with anyone giving either of those movies anywhere from a D to a B grade. 

Sony must really be confident going forward with upcoming SpideyVerse movies.

How about that #Venom movie at 5.1X production budget? ?

Comparison:
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (5.0X)
- Thor: Ragnarok (4.7X)
- Captain America: Civil War (4.6X)

HUGE WIN!

Numbers courtesy of our friendly herald of Galactus.

DC_MCU_BO181028a.JPG

26 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Comparison:

HUGE WIN!

DC_MCU_BO181028a.JPG

Nice! :applause:

This is pretty much guaranteed to generate Sony's best revenue ratio for a Spidey film to date, and to gross more than Logan.

-J.

22 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Nice! :applause:

This is pretty much guaranteed to generate Sony's best revenue ratio for a Spidey film to date, and to gross more than Logan.

-J.

can it crawl past Solo, A-M & W, and MI:F to temporarily move to 6th highest US BO this year?  should be close.

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Comparison:

HUGE WIN!

DC_MCU_BO181028a.JPG

Eager to see what they do with Morbius! May be the biggest beneficiary of this other than Carnage of course. Good times for Spidey related characters!!!

14 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Eager to see what they do with Morbius! May be the biggest beneficiary of this other than Carnage of course. Good times for Spidey related characters!!!

Morbius sounds like it will be next, than maybe eitther Sable or Kraven The Hunter?

26 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Morbius sounds like it will be next, than maybe eitther Sable or Kraven The Hunter?

I wonder about those- if the Venom franchise will be a one-off.  Outside of Peter Parker/Spider-Man himself, Venom is easily Sony's largest and most recognizable Spider properties, exhibit A is Spider-Man 3 where Raimi was literally forced to shoehorn him in when he really wanted him for the fifth movie.  Fans have been clamoring for a proper Venom ever since (10+ years) and Sony has been talking and teasing one for just about the same amount of time.  Venom was critic proof because fans and a good chunk of the general movie going public already knew who Venom was.  Sony was already fairly lucky to dodge a bullet with Venom, but again, he was already a pretty well known character among the masses, even more so now. 

Can the same be said for Morbius ? Black Cat?  Kraven?

Not particularly.  And colour me more than a little skeptical that Sony has the chops to make completely unknown D list characters must-see move stars in the same way that Disney has been able to pull it off with its D list characters thus far (GOTG, Captain Marvel, Ant-man, etc).  

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

I wonder about those- if the Venom franchise will be a one-off.  Outside of Peter Parker/Spider-Man himself, Venom is easily Sony's largest and most recognizable Spider properties, exhibit A is Spider-Man 3 where Raimi was literally forced to shoehorn him in when he really wanted him for the fifth movie.  Fans have been clamoring for a proper Venom ever since (10+ years) and Sony has been talking and teasing one for just about the same amount of time.  Venom was critic proof because fans and a good chunk of the general movie going public already knew who Venom was.  Sony was already fairly lucky to dodge a bullet with Venom, but again, he was already a pretty well known character among the masses, even more so now. 

Can the same be said for Morbius ? Black Cat?  Kraven?

Not particularly.  And colour me more than a little skeptical that Sony has the chops to make completely unknown D list characters must-see move stars in the same way that Disney has been able to pull it off with its D list characters thus far (GOTG, Captain Marvel, Ant-man, etc).  

-J.

Well, Morbius might work because of Jared Leto. He did win an Oscar in Dallas Buyers Club. I would wonder though about the others. Hopefully, they all turn out big hits like Venom. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Well, Morbius might work because of Jared Leto. He did win an Oscar in Dallas Buyers Club. I would wonder though about the others. Hopefully, they all turn out big hits like Venom. :wishluck:

and he was terrific as the Joker (in an Elseworlds universe in which Suicide Squad wasn't one of the worst movies of the past decade)

41 minutes ago, paperheart said:

and he was terrific as the Joker (in an Elseworlds universe in which Suicide Squad wasn't one of the worst movies of the past decade)

Eh...it looked sorta like a weird punk rock version of joker. He's too skinny to portray morbius anyway. He has aged quite gracefully I must admit!

On 10/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, revat said:

And I also noticed his shoulders seemed crazy big.

:news: That's how Venom looks.  You may have also noticed his teeth, tongue, and eyes look crazy big and that he's 8 feet tall.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, revat said:

And I also noticed his shoulders seemed crazy big.

:news: That's how Venom looks.  You may have also noticed his teeth, tongue, and eyes look crazy big and that he's 8 feet tall.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah...I also had trouble understanding Tom hardy....but agreed still better then last jedi

Thats a pretty low bar though, i cant remember the last movie i saw in the theater that wasn't better then TLJ...Maybe "Small Foot" or a Transformers movie.

1.  This movie wasn't as bad as the critics said it was (it ain't Catwoman:sick:).

2.  This movie isn't as great as some fanboys said it was (it ain't Ironman(thumbsu).

3.  Most importantly it will likely have a second movie:applause:.

4.  But that second movie better be better than the first one :sumo:.

53 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

1.  This movie wasn't as bad as the critics said it was (it ain't Catwoman:sick:).

2.  This movie isn't as great as some fanboys said it was (it ain't Ironman(thumbsu).

3.  Most importantly it will likely have a second movie:applause:.

4.  But that second movie better be better than the first one :sumo:.

I think it's definitely closer to Catwoman than Iron Man, though. If there is a sequel, then it better be universally "good". There needs to be a lot of improvement for all the revenue this mediocre one has generated,

I have not seen it yet, but if the success of this movie means we get to see Woody as Carnage in the next one then that is all it needed to do! 

Image result for zombieland nut up or shut up

Edited by kimik

Watched this last night.  As an avid spider-man collector for many years, I am very familiar with the Venom backstory.  

For me, C+ was about the best I could rate this movie.  Story was fine, but never really could get pulled into Eddie's character, that is to say, I didn't like him or dislike him. Guess it was better than I expected, but left me wanting.