• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I knew Jaydogrules would jerk the movie off no matter how "bad" it seems. I almost want to hate this movie just because of him.

If they omitted the "turd in the wind" portion of the 2nd trailer I might be much more optimistic.

That's because he is always right. :eyeroll:

16 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Who the hell is Bosco? Costanza's card PIN?

Here's the abridged version:

Bosco - this films budget was 6 bazillion krone 

Jaydog - no it wasn't

Bosco - yes it was

Jaydog - prove it

Repeat 5 million times. 

1 minute ago, bane said:

That's because he is always right. :eyeroll:

He seems to have the same outlook with Venom as my younger brother does with Star Wars, "I'll like it no matter what they do!"

He'll probably blame "Russian Trolls" if the movie makes < $50 million during the opening weekend and has poor audience scores.

43 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

After actually reading the majority of the critics comments and descriptions (a mix of the macabre and absurd with lots of positive nods to Hardy) and many of the critics essentially saying they enjoyed it for what it was (despite RT still giving those reviewers a "negative") the movie looks to be mostly what I was expecting.  (thumbsu

-J.

PS: Still tracking at ~$65MM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-preview-venom-a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-1202965910/amp/

I didn't read too far back...has anyone mentioned the rumors that Gaga fans are trashing the movie wherever they can to try and boost sales at Gaga's movie this weekend? 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Here's the abridged version:

Bosco - this films budget was 6 bazillion krone 

Jaydog - no it wasn't

Bosco - yes it was

Jaydog - prove it

Repeat 5 million times. 

Wh... I don't even have a follow-up question. I just don't understand.

Well, at least now I understand that Bosco was another board member.

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't know how someone can champion a movie that is consistently insulting the intelligence of the viewer, but to each their own.  Catwoman bad may become Venom bad going forward.

OMG I hope not. My expectations are low, but it can't be that bad, can it..? With Tom Hardy? No... No... No, it can't be...

4 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

I didn't read too far back...has anyone mentioned the rumors that Gaga fans are trashing the movie wherever they can to try and boost sales at Gaga's movie this weekend? 

That's referenced it the article I posted with Venom's current tracking:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-preview-venom-a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-1202965910/amp/

-J.

45 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Well, at least now I understand that Bosco was another board member.

He's the guy who asked the moderators to create this sub-forum, and they did.  They're pretty good about doing that when it's of a relatively clear benefit.  I posted only one time about creating a "Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues" sub-forum back around 2003 or 2004 and they did it the next day with the exact name I proposed, although I think Bosco had to keep suggesting it for a few weeks or months before they finally came around on it a few years ago.  His full username is Bosco685:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/10432-bosco685/

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

He's the guy who asked the moderators to create this sub-forum, and they did.  They're pretty good about doing that when it's of a relatively clear benefit.  I posted only one time about creating a "Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues" sub-forum back around 2003 or 2004 and they did it the next day with the exact name I proposed, although I think Bosco had to keep suggesting it for a few weeks or months before they finally came around on it a few years ago.  His full username is Bosco685:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/10432-bosco685/

TMI.

I'll only know Bosco as, 'the guy Jaydogrules thinks I am because the Venom movie probably sucks', and Costanza's PIN.

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

TMI.

I'll only know Bosco as, 'the guy Jaydogrules thinks I am because the Venom movie probably sucks', and Costanza's PIN.

You sure do seem to spend a lot of time talking about things you don't like, Bosco.  hm

-J.

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

You sure do seem to spend a lot of time talking about things you don't like, Bosco.  hm

-J.

If you keep calling me Bosco, then you can say hello to my Ignore List. My name isn't Bosco and I'm not this other user. Don't be (insert censored term here).

I don't dislike Venom, and I haven't seen the movie yet to say whether it's good or bad. It's just cute that you're hyping up such a seemingly lukewarm movie. It just looks like it's going to be bad. If they didn't cast Tom Hardy (or another great actor) then I would certainly be expecting something awful. You have to be looking through symbiote-colored glasses to think otherwise at this point.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:
17 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

TMI.

He's pretty different from Bosco.  Bosco had a slight but persistent tendency to argue endlessly about a subject he felt he was right about, but he didn't do it about almost every subject and usually tried to be polite and often wanted to make amends after a heated exchange if the other person was being at least relatively civil.  Bosco is more like a labrador, TwoPiece more like the calmer varieties of pit like the American Bulldog.

American_Bulldog_Posing.ashx?w=450&hash=