• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Why is Venom around 8 feet tall?  How is he supposed to be stretching Brock's body like that?  In the comic Brock was 6' 3" and 250 pounds so he was naturally big, but it seems they've decided to make him Hulk-big in this film.

VCM2150_comp_v0089.jpg?crop=900:600&widt

Seems obvious to me.  Brock's feet are inside Venom's knees. :grin:

28 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I suppose that could be valid if everything about England involves a tent set up in a meadow and filled with ovens and rolling pins.  Feels like that might be a little off, though. hm

How so? 

Just kidding. England, especially London, is a fun place to visit/tour/do business. 

1 minute ago, kimik said:
31 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I suppose that could be valid if everything about England involves a tent set up in a meadow and filled with ovens and rolling pins.  Feels like that might be a little off, though. hm

How so? 

Just kidding. England, especially London, is a fun place to visit/tour/do business. 

I was primarily referencing the fact that the Great British Bake Off hasn't featured Platform 9 3/4.

53 minutes ago, paperheart said:

$10MM opening, little chance this does less than $60MM this weekend even taking into account the 5:00 pm start times and terrible reviews.

I am pretty sure even with the bad reviews the box office will carry Venom to at least a sequel.

If Ghost Rider got two movies than Venom will get two movies most likely. 

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

$10MM opening, little chance this does less than $60MM this weekend even taking into account the 5:00 pm start times and terrible reviews.

:applause:...obviously, I'm rooting for this movie.

We might be looking at another Suicide Squad situation.  Critics were "meh".  Audience were "yay".

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why is Venom around 8 feet tall?  How is he supposed to be stretching Brock's body like that?  In the comic Brock was 6' 3" and 250 pounds so he was naturally big, but it seems they've decided to make him Hulk-big in this film.

VCM2150_comp_v0089.jpg?crop=900:600&widt

assuming this image is from the film ( I have not seen it yet ) I really do not like how Venom looks. It has the look of a painted statue, and the people around it interact with it. Perhaps I am being too picky, but that is how I feel after seeing several images of Venom over several weeks. I worry that the very apparent "fakeness" of the look will take me out of the film every time I see it.

42 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:
1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

This is a stunning piece of journalism.

I can't wait! Will be in the theater tomorrow with my flask loaded with Macallan.

Great article.  Please recommend an appropriate drinking game.  I've got Columbus Day off.  If its on moviepass that day, I'm gonna hit it 1st thing in the morning.

12 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

assuming this image is from the film ( I have not seen it yet )

That image is in the second trailer.  He lists the guy's major organs and how he's going to eat each one of them.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:
21 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Everything I know about England I know from watching GBBO this year.  A friend of my sister is on the show!

Don't ruin it for me.  I like to think of England being full of outdoor cooking tents.  And people who shake hands much too much.

Just now, thunsicker said:
2 hours ago, valiantman said:
21 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Everything I know about England I know from watching GBBO this year.  A friend of my sister is on the show!

Don't ruin it for me.  I like to think of England being full of outdoor cooking tents.  And people who shake hands much too much.

hm Then find reruns of the British Antiques Roadshow and double-down on the tent-loving hand-shaking frivolity! (thumbsu

47 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

:applause:...obviously, I'm rooting for this movie.

We might be looking at another Suicide Squad situation.  Critics were "meh".  Audience were "yay".

Critics are mostly geriatrics and Gen Xers.

The viewers that drive films like SS, Transformers, etc. are younger and have a different view/taste for what they want in a film. I am not saying better or worse, just different. 

56 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

assuming this image is from the film ( I have not seen it yet ) I really do not like how Venom looks. It has the look of a painted statue, and the people around it interact with it. Perhaps I am being too picky, but that is how I feel after seeing several images of Venom over several weeks. I worry that the very apparent "fakeness" of the look will take me out of the film every time I see it.

How would it be possible to make a realistic looking Venom? 

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

How would it be possible to make a realistic looking Venom? 

Yea, I really have no idea what people are thinking with Venom's look given that there's nothing to compare it to and nobody is going into detail about what their problem with him is other than bizarre comments like "he's too shiny."  I don't get how he's 8 feet tall, but I do like his bulkier look in this as compared to the Venom CGI in Spider-Man 3.  It seemed in that film they were making Venom be roughly the same size as Topher Grace, but in this one they've given him the Hulk treatment.

I don't think his extreme size is unique to the movie though.  When I googled "venom height" earlier I saw a bunch of references to how in the later iterations of Venom in the comics they made him 7' 6" in Venom form at some point, I wasn't aware of that.  But I haven't found any explanation for how that's supposed to work with a more normal-sized human inside the suit.

Edited by fantastic_four