• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

There is a facebook video where Feige and Pascal are being interviewed. When she tells the interviewer Venom and other other characters are part of the MCU, you can see Feige go deadpan so as not to give anything away. I doubt he was told this in advance.

Sony Confirms Spider-Man Spinoffs Will Tie To MCU

While being interviewed by FilmStarts for Spider-Man: Homecoming, Sony's Amy Pascal revealed that Sony's Marvel Universe of films will, in fact, exist in the same universe as the MCU.

"Both movies will now take place in the world that we are creating for Peter Parker." Pascal explained. "They'll be adjuncts to it, they may be different locations, but it will still all be in the same world. And they will be connected to each other as well."

When asked if that meant that Peter Parker himself, Tom Holland, would appear in Sony's spinoff films, Pascal offered a pretty optimistic tease.

"There's always a chance. I think one of the things that Kevin has done with Marvel that's so brilliant, is bringing the fans along, and making each movie feel like a chapter in a book. That you have to read that chapter in order to go forward. And I think the investment that fans get to feel in being part of a larger story and understanding what's happening, is something that I know Sony would want to emulate."

Here is the actual article and video that is being referenced.

http://www.filmstarts.de/kritiken/138473/trailer/19561453.html

I guess this is good news...perhaps...maybe.  I don't think anybody thought Venom would ever exist in a universe without Spider-Man.

I'm more curious as to how they will mix a family friendly Spider-Man movie with an "R" rated Venom movie.

Anywho, I'm off to make love to my CGC 9.8 copies of ASM #300:x

Internet Is Loving Kevin Feige's Reaction To Sony's MCU & Venom Announcement

Earlier today, comic book fans were graced with one impressive meme thanks to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. The reaction GIF came courtesy of an interview the executive did with Sony Pictures producer Amy Pascal over Spider-Man: Homecoming. When the latter told press Sony’s Spider-Man spinoffs would take place within the MCU, well, Feige’s face says it all.

In the video, Feige and Pascal can be seen sitting next to one another when the Sony executive drops a surprising bombshells for fans. Pascal revealed that Sony’s films about Venom as well as Black Cat and Silver Sable will be connected to Spider-Man’s MCU romps. The producer goes on to explain Tom Holland may even show up in the features, but Feige’s stoney face seems less than pleased at the revelation.

Feige can be seen blinking in succession and taking a few swallows as Pascal talks about the spinoffs. In the past, the Marvel Studios president confirmed that none of Sony’s tie-ins would be connected to the MCU. Feige has stressed the features would be Sony projects in their entirety. However, given Pascal’s recent statements, fans are no longer sure who to believe in.

7BvwuG2.png

DY0QZiu.png

7dfABdc.png

5JYXhtm.png

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Why is Kevin Feige always wearing a hat?  

I think he always wears a hat to every event he attends. Even at the Richard Donner recognition event, he wore a baseball cap.

Must be a way to indicate no matter where he is at in life, he is still the same old 'Kevin'.

Is Marvel producing the spin-offs as well?  I can't imagine that movies about Venom, Black Cat, and Silver Sable would be anywhere close to a priority if Marvel was calling the shots.  I wouldn't be wild about Amy Pascal deciding to milk the Spider-Man license for all it's worth with weak film ideas that she's expecting me to magically make into something that's not terrible if I were Feige.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Is Marvel producing the spin-offs as well?  I can't imagine that movies about Venom, Black Cat, and Silver Sable would be anywhere close to a priority if Marvel was calling the shots.  I wouldn't be wild about Amy Pascal deciding to milk the Spider-Man license for all it's worth with weak film ideas that she's expecting me to magically make into something that's not terrible if I were Feige.

Marvel has no involvement with Venom, nor Silver & Black. The same goes for the 2018 Miles Morals animated Spider-Man movie.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Marvel has no involvement with Venom, nor Silver & Black. The same goes for the 2018 Miles Morals animated Spider-Man movie.

I wonder if Sony is allowed to use Marvel's characters in the films they produce the way Marvel felt free to use Iron Man in Homecoming?

45 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Isn't Carnage already cast in the Spider-Man movie?

One of the Hispanic gangster dudes from Better Call Saul was rumoured to have been cast as Cletus but that was never confirmed and imdb still has not identified that actor's role.  

-J.

12 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

59ff6528a83fe8a7547196ad7a641e1d.jpg

C'mon man.  That' a non graded second print copy worth tree dolla fiddy.  Go find a CGC 9.8 first print newsstand copy worth tree hundy lol.

I thought this rumor of carnage in the movie was confirmed weeks ago?  That's why this book in 9.8 condition jumped from $200 to $300 so quickly.

I'm on board with the trendy pick of having Jim Carrey as Cletus.  He could pull off that psychotic role easily.