• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

C'mon man.  That' a non graded second print copy worth tree dolla fiddy.  Go find a CGC 9.8 first print newsstand copy worth tree hundy lol.

I thought this rumor of carnage in the movie was confirmed weeks ago?  That's why this book in 9.8 condition jumped from $200 to $300 so quickly.

I'm on board with the trendy pick of having Jim Carrey as Cletus.  He could pull off that psychotic role easily.

Duly noted and replaced with newstand version. (thumbsu

60df964364177c2517a786aa01007899.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Exclusive: Kevin Feige And Amy Pascal's Final Ruling On Venom In Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's time to settle the debate, once and for all. Will Venom and the rest of Sony's Marvel characters be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Now, the official ruling from both is in after the debate took the Internet by storm.

"Here's what we're doing: all these characters are a part of the Marvel comic book universe," Pascal said. "In that universe, they are all related to each other. Kevin [Feige] makes characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These characters are separate, except for Spidey, who belongs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is why he's there."

When asked if this is an absolute confirmation that a Venom and Spider-Man crossover is officially off the table, Feige is quick to say "We never say never."

However, he points out he would say the same thing about characters less likely than Venom to appear, as well. "You could ask me, 'Is Superman gonna be there?' I go, 'Never say never,' but not any time soon."

These folks should work out the details, as it sure doesn't sound like the road ahead is clear.

Spider-Man Might Pop Up In Venom Says Sony Exec

Sony executive Amy Pascal spoke to Fandom about the upcoming project and teased that Venom could interact with the wall-crawler at some point down the line. Pascal said, “Venom is a character that is closely associated with Spidey and there may be some day where you see them together, you never know”.

When asked directly if Spider-Man would make an appearance in the Tom Hardy-starring Venom film, Pascal offered an “I can’t say" comment, which would lead you to believe that it at least is being discussed.

Kevin Feige Confirms Spider-Man Won't Appear In Venom Movie

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige — the mastermind behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe — has put an immediate stop to all of that Spidey talk. According to Feige, Spider-Man will not be appearing in Venom.

“No,” Feige told Variety when asked whether Spidey would appear in Venom. “No, I think the folks there are making a great Venom movie and I don’t know much about it, but I know they’re off to a good start with Tom Hardy.”

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

These folks should work out the details, as it sure doesn't sound like the road ahead is clear.

If by "these folks" you mean Amy Pascal, I doubt it'll happen.  She's the one creating all the doubt in the relationship by publicly floating all these ideas about how you never know how long the Marvel/Sony relationship will last, who knows when and where Spidey will pop up, etc.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Spider-Man Might Pop Up In Venom Says Sony Exec

Kevin Feige Confirms Spider-Man Won't Appear In Venom Movie

Not sure why but I feel like this could be a bluff.  

"I don't know much about that Venom movie I heard they're doing over there."

Yeah sure okay, Kev. lol

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

14 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Not sure why but I feel like this could be a bluff.  

"I don't know much about that Venom movie I heard they're doing over there."

Yeah sure okay, Kev. lol

-J.

Actually, I was thinking the same. Like there is going to be some big marketing announcement surprise.

Venom: Riz Ahmed In Talks To Join The Spider-Man Spinoff

venom-riz-1014598-640x320.png

It looks like Venom is eyeing yet another A-list actor to join its ranks. After bringing Tom Hardy in to play Eddie Brock, the Spider-Man spinoff is now in talks to add Riz Ahmed to its cast according to Variety.

Reports suggest Ahmed is in “early talks” to join the film, but there are very few details out about the film. Variety says no information about the actor’s role has been revealed yet, but sources did tell the site Ahmed will be “playing a popular Marvel Comics character.”

Sony Pictures had no comment when it came to the casting.

If you are not familiar with Ahmed, then you have missed out on some of Hollywood’s better pictures as of late. The actor’s popularity is at an all-time high following his gig with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The actor also gained attention from critics thanks to his stint on HBO’s The Night Of before turning to the Jason Bourne franchise.

VENOM: Sony Pictures Launches An Official Twitter Account For The Upcoming SPIDER-MAN Spinoff

154645.jpg

Production is about to get underway on Sony's Venom movie, and the studio has launched an official Twitter page so fans can keep up with all the new development. Does this mean we'll soon be getting our first glimpse of Tom Hardy as the titular antihero?

Venom Movie

We still don't have any solid information on the plot of Venom, but there are plenty of rumors doing the rounds. The latest suggests that the Spidey spinoff will be based on the Lethal Protector comic book arc, which saw a group of mercenaries hunting Eddie Brock after he relocates to San Francisco.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That would be SWEET!  I probably have 40 copies right now of Venom Lethal Protectors #1 - love that cover.

It begins!

VzIEnpB.png

We don't catch a look at his co-stars, but Emmy Award-winner Riz Ahmed (The Night Of), 4x Academy Award-nominee Michelle Williams (Manchester By The Sea), Jenny Slate (Gifted), Reid Scott (Veep), and Scott Haze (Only The Brave) have all already been confirmed to co-star.

Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) is directing with a -script from Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, 1Cool said:

That would be SWEET!  I probably have 40 copies right now of Venom Lethal Protectors #1 - love that cover.

4 out of 5 copies I submitted came back 9.8 (seems like a tough book to damage).  Now do I hold em or sell em now hm

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

4 out of 5 copies I submitted came back 9.8 (seems like a tough book to damage).  Now do I hold em or sell em now hm

Let me know when 1 out of 10,000 copies you submit comes back with a 9.8 black error.  I'll be here when you sell itlol.

Glad this movie isn't in Gambit limbo anymore(thumbsu.  Wake me up when the first trailer drops (a real first trailer...not the teaser).

Based on Lethal Protector?    That would be AWESOME.  :headbang:

Lots of symbiote on symbiote violence in that.  :cloud9:

FYI- #'s 4 and 5 are the ones with all of the significant symbiote first appearances in that series.   How tough are those in a 9.8?  Not many of either on the census.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎24 at 6:24 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Based on Lethal Protector?    That would be AWESOME.  :headbang:

Lots of symbiote on symbiote violence in that.  :cloud9:

FYI- #'s 4 and 5 are the ones with all of the significant symbiote first appearances in that series.   How tough are those in a 9.8?  Not many of either on the census.

-J.

My guess is neither book is difficult in HG, but at the prices prior to the recent movie related spike it was not really worth submitting them.

Edited by kimik

VENOM Photo Seemingly Gives Us Our First Teasing Glimpse Of Tom Hardy In Costume

jhtlBzq.png

Xnxn1dp.png

A couple of new behind-the-scenes snaps from the set of Sony's Venom movie are now online (via @tomhardydotorg), and one of 'em appears to feature star Tom Hardy partially suited up as the titular supervillain/antihero as he'll appear in the Spider-Man spin-off.

The lighting mostly obscures the shot, but we can make out a dark outfit with a strap across the chest and a heavily bandaged left shoulder. It's not really a whole lot to go on, but it could indicate that we'll see Hardy don a version of the updated, more tactical "Agent Venom" costume as opposed to the monstrous original incarnation.

This movie has a Deadpool (first one) vibe to it in the following sense...Tom Hardy is the only one who seems to be pushing it (similar to what Ryan Reynolds did to Deadpool).  I hope the outcome is the same.

People keep commenting "you can't have Venom without Spider-man".  Why not?  I'd pay to see Venom fighting Carnage on the big screen any day of the week...and twice on Sundays.

This is a "must see" movie for me(thumbsu.